The Dark Mod Forums

Using Springheel's 2.05 Modules [download in OP]

Springheel

I think I made the same request for half-walls in the bugtracker issue for module issues

Making the textures seamless on half-walls can be tricky depending on what you want to do with them. If you show me an example of what you'd like to accomplish, I can look into it.

I made 'half-left' and 'half-right', and use the appropriate one for proper tiling. Since I only need to use one half-wall in any situation, this covers anything I need to do.

I.e.,

Half-left/full/full

Full/full/half-right

Wow, beautiful work! :wub:

You've done some creative things with them, and I love the atmospheric lighting you've chosen. I assume you've mapped before?

Wow, beautiful work! :wub:

You've done some creative things with them, and I love the atmospheric lighting you've chosen. I assume you've mapped before?

Thank you!

I've mapped for CS:Source and CS:GO for around four years (Hammer editor very closely resembles Dark radiant, so it was only a slight learning curve). I jumped on Dark Radiant

around a year ago with many breaks in between.

• Like 3

What module set are we talking about?

I've made the half-left and half-right models to match 'exteriors/ext_mansion01/ext_mansion01_wall01.lwo'. I'm using this exterior model for both exterior and interior of a stone mansion, with different skins for inside/outside.

post-3633-0-82074100-1496283250_thumb.jpg

post-3633-0-88733900-1496283262_thumb.jpg

I've also made a single halfwall for 'interior_set01', where I'm using different wallpapers, which appear to tile ok on a 64-unit width.

post-3633-0-17380700-1496283304_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Very nice shots, refl3ks! That's putting those modules to very good use.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

+1

My only feedback/crit is the haze affect around the lights is thats it sticks out like a sore thumb a bit.

@refl3ks: Check out the particle glares in the mission: Thief's Den 2: Chalice of Kings. I took the original

glares that look sorta like what you're using and improved them to be more volumetric and subtle.

• Like 1

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I appreciate all the feedback!

@bikerdude I'm planning on making it a full mission, Im pacing myself so that I don't burn out too soon. I also hate that haze, @nbohr1more thanks for suggesting a better one!

• Like 1

Those screenshots looks amazing refl3ks, great use of Springheel's modules there :)

We actually already have a very good one, but I would interested to see the one nbohr is referring too..

LOL, you forgot about these already ;) (glares on lights and torches):

chalice4606.jpg

chalice6332.jpg

• Like 3

Are these in the core mod, if not why not?

I think there was a little debate about whether our core assets should have this type of glare.

This was my demo about why I thought it should be the case.

Nobody has commented on the pros and cons of the change in this mission.

That said, I suppose I could create alternate entity defs with "torch_with_3D_glare" names or something like that if nobody objects.

It looked amazing before, this is just icing on the cake. :):wub:

Thank you, those previous sprites bugged me :D !

Wow, that's some beautiful fog effects on those rooftops! :wub:

Thanks! I'm trying to use thief 4 as a graphical reference. I love fog because it adds distance, depth and verticality.

Edited by refl3ks

Far out that is looking amazing!!

I love your use of the fog to detail depth and use of lighting as well.

• Like 1

Far out that is looking amazing!!

I love your use of the fog to detail depth and use of lighting as well.

Thank you. I'm just hoping it will run on majority of computers. I have a 980 ti and I don't have any performance dips just yet.