The Dark Mod Forums

List of major bugs in DarkRadiant Git

It appears the latest version of DarkRadiant Git from Codereader is full of bugs and breakages, which affect at least the Linux version of the software. Since I just reported a whole list of problems, I decided to also make a thread here to hopefully bring more attention and testers who can confirm them:

Edited by MirceaKitsune

Hey Mircea,

I'm running DR 2.2.1 on Ubuntu MATE 16.10. I've built it from source about a month ago. From the issues you mention I can only confirm that Panel sizes are not persisted between startups.

About the issue that Various windows won't open: I'm quite sure this is not a bug, but the way DR is supposed to behave. You already realized that only some menu entries will open as windows (surface Inspector, Patch Inspector,...). However the media browser and texture browser don't open in separate windows, but are displayed in the lower right corner in different tabs by default. Selecting them in the view menu should open the respective tab.

I have stumbled upon a few other bugs however:

• DR crashes when re-opening the import prefab menu.
  • Selected entities disappear from the 2D-View.
  • Theṙe is no entry for the readable editor in the entity menu. Moreover when I open it via shortkey and try to select a GUI definition, the GUI Definition always switches to guis/readables/sheets/sheet_paper_hand_nancy.gui, no matter what I have select.
  • The MD5 animation viewer doesn't work for me. When I have selected a model and an animation and then click on play, DR freezes.

Can you confirm any of these issues?

Edited by Nightcrawler

Hey Mircea,

I'm running DR 2.2.1 on Ubuntu MATE 16.10. I've built it from source about a month ago. From the issues you mention I can only confirm that Panel sizes are not persisted between startups.

About the issue that Various windows won't open: I'm quite sure this is not a bug, but the way DR is supposed to behave. You already realized that only some menu entries will open as windows (surface Inspector, Patch Inspector,...). However the media browser and texture browser don't open in separate windows, but are displayed in the lower right corner in different tabs by default. Selecting them in the view menu should open the respective tab.

I have stumbled upon a few other bugs however:

• DR crashes when re-opening the import prefab menu.
  • Selected entities disappear from the 2D-View.
  • Theṙe is no entry for the readable editor in the entity menu. Moreover when I open it via shortkey and try to select a GUI definition, the GUI Definition always switches to guis/readables/sheets/sheet_paper_hand_nancy.gui, no matter what I have select.
  • The MD5 animation viewer doesn't work for me. When I have selected a model and an animation and then click on play, DR freezes.

Can you confirm any of these issues?

Hi there. It's hard to test more issues right now, until DarkRadiant not sensing my keyboard at all (except for the menus) is solved. Might look at these later though.

Oh, and I should definitely mention: I don't use the default layout, where those panels are indeed part of the main window. I use the split layout with 4 windows... where one is the 3D view, one is XY 2D view, one is YZ 2D view, and one is XZ 2D view. The bug might be related to this specific layout, and possibly others that require opening those windows manually.

Edited by MirceaKitsune

• 3 weeks later...

For me, I have an issue with glew.h being recognized.

checking GL/glew.h usability... no 
checking GL/glew.h presence... no
checking for GL/glew.h... no
configure: error: GLEW not found

Though I have glew and devel packages installed:

ls -l /usr/include/GL/ 
total 2460
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  240735 May  8 14:18 glcorearb.h
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1018809 Feb 14  2016 glew.h
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  801495 May  8 14:18 glext.h
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   80615 May  8 14:18 gl.h
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  158833 May  8 14:18 gl_mangle.h