The Dark Mod Forums

So, how do you guys like Prey?

chakkman

Just for laugh and an insit into how Bethesda does support tickets -

Hello xxx

Regarding the copied and pasted trouble shooting list below –

• Run Steam and game as admin – this dosent apply as I pointed out, steam is shut down once a game is launch.
  • run game in compatibility mode – Im windows Windows 7, so this suggestion also dosent apply.
  • disable Steam overlay – AS I HAVE ALREADY STATED I HAVE DONE THIS.
  • disconnect third-party devices – As a senior computer engineer of 20yrs I have to ask are you bloody serious? Just exactly what devices would you like me to unplug..?
  • disable conflicting third-party programs – I don’t run Any other programs when I play a game, period!
  • run Windows under a clean boot – I have already tried this and it made no different, also there are some services that have to be running period. I have to conclude that Bethesda are severally reaching with this suggestion, because I don’t have to do this for ANY OTHER steam or non-steam game.

I have spoken to 3 different people now, so I am requesting that my support ticket be passed to a senior rep please.

Regards

Question Subject: Hello I am getting random crashing to desktop, with various random memory addres...

Question Reference # 170728-001315

Date Created: 07/28/2017 09:15 AM
Date Last Updated: 08/03/2017 10:40 AM

Message Log:

Bethesda Customer Support response on 08/03/2017 10:40 AM

Greetings!

Thank you for getting back to us. It is very frustrating that you can't enjoy the game that you love so much in the way that it was intended.

I can see that you have already tried some of these troubleshooting, but in vain.

I would recommend you tried to try a second time the following steps and see if they'll have any effects on the game.

add exceptions for Steam and Prey to your antivirus

• run Steam and game as admin
  • run game in compatibility mode
  • disable Steam overlay
  • disconnect third-party devices
  • disable conflicting third-party programs
  • run Windows under a clean boot

Should you have any other questions, or feel the above steps did not help, please do not hesitate to reply back to this email. I would be happy to look into your matter further

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
xxx
Bethesda Customer Support

Keep an eye on our official Facebook, Twitter, and website for upcoming news about Bethesda Softworks games here:

https://www.facebook.com/BethesdaSoftworks

https://twitter.com/bethesda

https://www.bethesda.net

Customer response on 08/03/2017 06:33 AM

Hello xxx

I have spoken to the retailer and because the key has been activated they are washing their hands of the matter. This means the buck stop with Bethesda in this instance.

Regards

xxx

Sent: 03 August 2017 11:08
To: 'Bethesda Support'
Subject: RE: [incident: 170728-001315] Hello I am getting random crashing to desktop, with various random memory address...

Hello xxx

I have already sent you that info, so the fact you guys are asking for it again suggests my issue was and has never been looking into right from the start.

:-/

Sent: 03 August 2017 00:46
To: b1k3rdude@xxx
Subject: [incident: 170728-001315] Hello I am getting random crashing to desktop, with various random memory addres...

Bethesda Customer Support response on 08/02/2017 07:45 PM

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting the Bethesda Customer Support.

We will be more than happy to continue looking into this matter for you. If you would like for us to continue, we ask that you please be sure to submit to us an updated DxDiag and MsInfo. If you'd like a refund on your purchase, we ask that you please contact your retailer for further assistance.

We are looking forward to your reply!

Warm Regards,
xxx

Keep an eye on our official Facebook, Twitter, and website for upcoming news about Bethesda Softworks games here:

Customer response on 08/02/2017 05:18 PM

Hello xxx

The issue isn’t with my troubleshooting, the issue is the game is broken! With respect how can you actually understood my problem technical or otherwise, where a solution isn’t forthcoming from yourselves..? Platitudes are all fine and dandy, but in reality essentially worthless.

Regards

xxx

Sent: 02 August 2017 21:59
Subject: [incident: 170728-001315] Hello I am getting random crashing to desktop, with various random memory addres...

Bethesda Customer Support response on 08/02/2017 04:59 PM

Greetings!

I'm awfully sorry to see that our troubleshooting has yet to resolve this issue. I understand that the problems you've encountered problems may have frustrated you over time. For inquiries on refunds, we ask that you please be sure to check with your retailer. From there, you should be able to receive assistance.

Should you have any more questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again. We will be more than happy to assist you to the best of our ability!

Warm Regards,
xxx

Customer response on 08/02/2017 04:34 PM

Hello xxx

• Run the game as Administrator – done
  • Run Steam as Administrator – NOT Applicable, because closing steam after running the game has no effect.
  • Verify the Integrity of the Game Cache – give me some credit, that’s one of the first things I did before even logging the ticket.
  • Check your Antivirus Settings – Kaspersky 2017 is not interfering with the game, nor is it interfering with any other game. Running the game with KAV not running had the same effect, Prey stopped running with a memory error popup.
  • Disable the Steam Overlay – done.

Run as admin and overlay reduced the frequency of the crashing, but didn’t perm fix it. Then when I get to the Dr Igwe/Dhal quest I found the quest was/is completely broken. This is in addition to a bunch of other quests which just don’t work

How do I request a refund, I am frankly becoming fed-up of buying games (Dishonoured & Wolfenstien are the exception) from Bethesda that come with a plethora of bugs that should have been caught in beta testing or at least on the final sanity check.

And the icing on the cake? I just find today out that this game was never the promised Prey 2 and how unethical Bethesda was in relation to that dog and pony show.

Regards

xxx

Sent: 29 July 2017 02:08

Bethesda Customer Support response on 07/28/2017 09:07 PM

Greetings, xxx

Thank you for contacting the Bethesda Customer Support. My name is Dillon and it would be my pleasure to help guide you today. I want to thank you for taking the time to reach out to us about this issue at hand, as well as your patience while we get back to you.

I am very sorry to hear that your game is crashing on you preventing you from playing. I completely understand how upsetting it can be when you have these types of issues.

We greatly appreciate you providing us with this information right off the bat, it will help us greatly with attempting to get this issue addressed soon as possible and you back in game! We also would like to thank you for your patience while we address this matter.

In order for us to further investigate this issue you are currently having, could you please try the steps listed below. Once you have done these steps it will give us a better baseline to of where to go from here as we as to ensure that all files are there where there suppose to be and not corrupt/ Damaged.

Run the game as Administrator
----------------------
To run the game as an Administrator:
1. Right click the game in your Steam Library.
2. Go to Properties then the LocalFiles tab.
3. Click BrowseLocalFiles.
4. Locate the game executable (the application).
5. Right click it and go to Properties.
6. Click the Compatibility tab.
7. Check the Runthisprogramasanadministrator box.
8. Click Apply.
Once you have done this, restart Steam and try launching the game again.

Run Steam as Administrator
----------------------
In some cases, running Steam itself in Administrator mode may resolve the issue:
1. Navigate to your Steam install folder (Default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam).
2. Right click the Steam executable.
3. Follow the above steps to set it to RunasAdministrator.
4. Restart Steam.

Verify the Integrity of the Game Cache
----------------------
To verify your game cache:
1. Right click the game in your Steam Library.
2. Go to Properties then the LocalFiles tab.
3. Click VerifyIntegrityofGameCache.
4. Wait for it to complete.
This should remove any potentially corrupt or broken files and allow the game to run.

Check your Antivirus Settings
----------------------
Some antivirus programs are known to block programs from running. Please consult the help website of your chosen antivirus for information on how to add a program to your exceptions list.

Disable the Steam Overlay
----------------------
1. Open Steam and click Settings.
2. Select the In-Game Settings tab.
3. Uncheck the box next to Enable Steam Community In-Game and click OK.
• Disable the Steam Overlay on specific games only by right-clicking on the game title, selecting Properties, and unchecking Enable Steam Community In-Game in the General tab.
4. Restart Steam and launch the game again.
If the above steps do not resolve the issue, you should contact Steam Support here: https://help.steampowered.com/

If you have any further questions or concerns about anything we support please feel free to contact us back. We would be more than happy to further assist you with your matter!

Thank you for your continued interest and support! In the meantime, we recommend you keep an eye on our official Facebook, Twitter, and website for upcoming news about Bethesda Softworks games using the links at the bottom of the email below:

Warm Regards,
xxx

Customer response on 07/28/2017 09:15 AM

Hello

I am getting random crashing to desktop, with various random memory address access errors eg - 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. My system is Win7Sp1, GTX1070, XFI, 16GB DDR3-1600 and I have the beta option enabled in steam.

I have already updated to the latest nVidia drive after doing a uninstalled and driver clean. I will do a memtest86 while I have dinner this evening to make sure my ram is ok. But as PREY is the only application doing this I strong suspect the issue is with PREY.

I have attached a screenshot and my DXdiag,

regards

xxx

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 96 hours (4 days).

If your issue has not been resolved, you can respond directly to this email. We look forward to working with you again should you need us!

banner.jpg

facebook.png instagram.png youtube.png twitter.png

Beth.png

Make sure you receive your email from Bethesda. Add Support04@bethsoft.com to your Safe Sender list.

©2017 Bethesda Softworks LLC, a ZeniMax Media company. Trademarks belong to their respective owners. All Rights Reserved.

--:---]

Edited by Bikerdude

Well they are certainly quick with the support replys -

Sent: 03 August 2017 20:22
To: 'Bethesda Support'
Subject: RE: [incident: 170728-001315] Hello I am getting random crashing to desktop, with various random memory address...

Hello

• Why then is this ‘bug’ only effecting Prey and NO other game in my steam library, I have several titles from Bethesda (Dishonored 1&2(made by Arkane Studios), Fallout 4, Skyrim, Wolfenstien 1 & 2, Rage, Doom) all of which don’t crash to desktop like Prey does.
  • Following the info in that steam support link –
    1. I am on the latest version of DirectX
    2. I have the latest drivers installed for everything including the mobo, gfx and sound cards.
    3. Windows update is upto date.
    4. The GCF cache as I have stated previously was the FIRST thing I did, before even logging a ticket with yourselfs.
    5. My system is not overclocked.
    6. I have no refresh rate forcing programs.
    7. I have no 3rd part codecs running in the background (as I have said multiple times now, I close any and all application when playing a game)
  • The rest of the things to try on that page are just utter b***ocks –
    1. pagefile is system set,
    2. I don’t have any IM programs running (as I close ALL programs before running a game),
    3. the ram timings are auto-set and the ram has been through 4x memtestx86 cycles
    4. and lastly I am NOT f***ing removing ANY memory modules to diagnose the only f***ing game in my steam library exhibiting this issue.
  • Regarding your MsConfig suggestions, I already have an extremely lean startup –
    1. Classic shell (start menu replacer, this is non-optional to stop/uninstall)
    2. Windows Firewall Control (gui for windows firewall, and non-optional)
    3. Steam Service (Steam can’t run without it, so non-optional)
    4. nVidia Display container (nVidia control panel won’t work without this, so non-optional)
    5. Kaspersky Anytivirus (this is non-optional to stop/uninstall, it has an auto game mode)
    6. Pia VPN service (this is non-optional to stop/uninstall)

As I have said a few times now, no other game in my Steam library (all the betheda made titles bar this one ) DO NOT crash to desktop.

Regards

xxx

Sent: 03 August 2017 19:12
Subject: [incident: 170728-001315] Hello I am getting random crashing to desktop, with various random memory address...

Thank you for contacting
Bethesda Customer Support!

Question Subject: Hello I am getting random crashing to desktop, with various random memory address...

Date Last Updated: 08/03/2017 02:11 PM

Message Log:

Bethesda Customer Support response on 08/03/2017 02:11 PM

Greetings!

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. I can relate to how troublesome these issues can be. I've included some steps for you to look into. Let's see what can be resolved with these steps provided below:

The error "0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFF" is a Steam error message that is most often related to a background application interrupting the game.

For troubleshooting, we recommend following the process found on the Steam Support site here.

You can also perform the Selective Start-up mode to disable these programs that are interfering with your game launching properly.

To put a computer in Selective Start-up mode, follow these steps:

1. Click Start and type MSConfig in the search box.
- After hitting [Enter] right click on the MSConfig.exe program and select Run as Administrator.

2. On the General tab at the top, click on Selective Start-up.
- Uncheck Load start up items.

3. Click on the Services tab and check the Hide all Microsoft services box.

4. Select the Disable all button at the bottom.
- Click Apply followed by OK.

5. Restart your computer.

When your computer boots up again, it will be in selective start-up mode.

Try the game again, and see if you have different results. If everything works correctly, then one of the service or start up programs was causing the issue. To troubleshoot which program is the source of the difficulty, re-enable a few programs at a time and try running the game again.

Once you encounter difficulties, use the process of elimination to determine exactly which program is the source of the issue. As soon as you have determined which program seems to cause the issue, you should be able to close the program or end the process so that it does not affect your gameplay.

Please reach back to us if you're still having issues with your game launching. I'll be happy to provide further assistance.

Warm Regards,
xxx

Keep an eye on our official Facebook, Twitter, and website for upcoming news about Bethesda Soft works games here:

Customer response on 08/03/2017 01:33 PM

Hello

As requested, see attached.

xxx

Sent: 03 August 2017 17:51
To:
b1k3rdude@xxx
Subject: [incident: 170728-001315] Hello I am getting random crashing to desktop, with various random memory address...

Thank you for contacting
Bethesda Customer Support!

Question Subject: Hello I am getting random crashing to desktop, with various random memory address...

Date Last Updated: 08/03/2017 12:51 PM

Message Log:
We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 96 hours (4 days).

If your issue has not been resolved, you can respond directly to this email. We look forward to working with you again should you need us!

Make sure you receive your email from Bethesda. Add Support04@bethsoft.com to your Safe Sender list.

©2017 Bethesda Softworks LLC, a ZeniMax Media company. Trademarks belong to their respective owners. All Rights Reserved.

Bethesda Customer Support response on 08/03/2017 12:51 PM

Greetings again Spencer,

Thank you for contacting the Bethesda Customer Support and I am sorry to hear those troubleshooting steps did not help.

Could you please send us the the MsInfo file so we can look further into the issue?

Press [Windows] key + [R].

1. Type "msinfo32" in the Search box, and click OK.
  2. While viewing the System Summary node, go to File and select Export.
    • Error! Filename not specified.
  3. Save the MSINFO32 report as msinfo32.txt on the desktop for easy access.

Now that the report has been generated, it can be attached to help requests as needed. Please note that the file is very large, so it should not be copy/pasted into the contents of an e-mail.

We look forward to your reply.

Warm Regards,
xxx

By Christmas it will be $20.00 or less on a steam sale. As far as I know Prey 1 which I played but did not like too much is AA game at best. I believe Dishonored 2 will be last longer before getting it on a massive steam sale.

But then Singularity by Raven Studios (the Black Crypt Guys) was over 20-30 $s for years for some reason it took about 5 years to get it at about $18.00 or something, It was a good game by the way.

Edited by bobrpggamer

Have you tried this biker?

Search for "iDisplay".
If you find it in the add/remove programs list, remove it.
Windows will need to restart.
For me, that fixed it.

EDIT: Do you have more than one screen plugged in?

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

• Any extra software for second monitor?
  • Try unplugging the second monitor, reboot and try the game again.
  • ultramon
  • did that and killed ultramon, no difference

Also, @biker, what does windows Event Viewer show for the crash to desktop for Prey?

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: PCA2
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Prey.exe
P2: 1.0.1.0
P3: Prey
P4: Prey
P5: Arkane Studios
P6: 200
P7: -1
P8: 
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
D:\Temp\{0aa2f793-da1f-4ccc-9e9b-e7013390616e}\appcompat.txt
D:\Temp\Tab4E6E.tmp

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\b1k3rdude\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\NonCritical_Prey.exe_d7c12fb45ca44efad4d52ec946305130487c622_cab_16fe4eac

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: e8817f3f-744a-11e7-a118-d8cb8acc6fe4
Report Status: 4

My temp folder gets cleaned daily, so went to the "C:\Users\b1k3rdude\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\" folder

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<DATABASE>
<EXE NAME="Prey.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="amd_ags_x64.dll" SIZE="107520" CHECKSUM="0xD26095B1" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.0.5.0" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.0.5.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.0.5.0" FILE_DESCRIPTION="AMD GPU Services Library" COMPANY_NAME="Advanced Micro Devices, Inc." PRODUCT_NAME="AMD GPU Services Library" FILE_VERSION="5.0.5.0" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright (C) 2016" VERDATEHI="0x0" VERDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.0.5.0" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.0.5.0" LINK_DATE="12/08/2016 18:29:17" UPTO_LINK_DATE="12/08/2016 18:29:17" EXPORT_NAME="amd_ags_x64.dll" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" EXE_WRAPPER="0x0" />
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="bink2w64.dll" SIZE="375296" CHECKSUM="0xA374037E" BIN_FILE_VERSION="2.6.4.0" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="2.6.4.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="2.6e/1.200e" FILE_DESCRIPTION="RAD Video Tools" COMPANY_NAME="RAD Game Tools, Inc." PRODUCT_NAME="Bink and Smacker" FILE_VERSION="2.6e/1.200e" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright (C) 1994-2017, RAD Game Tools, Inc." VERDATEHI="0x0" VERDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x0" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="2.6.4.0" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="2.6.4.0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2017 00:25:22" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2017 00:25:22" EXPORT_NAME="bink2w64.dll" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" EXE_WRAPPER="0x0" />
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="D3DCompiler_43.dll" SIZE="2526056" CHECKSUM="0xF7A541F6" BIN_FILE_VERSION="9.29.952.3111" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="9.29.952.3111" PRODUCT_VERSION="9.29.952.3111" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Direct3D HLSL Compiler" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Microsoft® DirectX for Windows®" FILE_VERSION="9.29.952.3111" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="d3dcompiler_43.dll" INTERNAL_NAME="d3dcompiler_43.dll" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright © Microsoft Corp. 1994-2007" VERDATEHI="0x0" VERDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x10001" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x26C69F" LINKER_VERSION="0x60001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="9.29.952.3111" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="9.29.952.3111" LINK_DATE="05/21/2010 22:40:43" UPTO_LINK_DATE="05/21/2010 22:40:43" EXPORT_NAME="D3DCOMPILER_43.dll" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" EXE_WRAPPER="0x0" />
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="d3dcompiler_46.dll" SIZE="3873208" CHECKSUM="0x4D81217B" BIN_FILE_VERSION="9.30.960.9200" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="9.30.960.9200" PRODUCT_VERSION="9.30.9200.16384" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Direct3D HLSL Compiler" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Microsoft® DirectX for Windows®" FILE_VERSION="9.30.9200.16384" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="d3dcompiler_46.dll" INTERNAL_NAME="d3dcompiler_46.dll" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved." VERDATEHI="0x0" VERDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x10001" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x3B4591" LINKER_VERSION="0x60002" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="9.30.960.9200" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="9.30.960.9200" LINK_DATE="07/26/2012 02:07:09" UPTO_LINK_DATE="07/26/2012 02:07:09" EXPORT_NAME="D3DCOMPILER_46.dll" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" EXE_WRAPPER="0x0" />
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="d3dx11_43.dll" SIZE="276832" CHECKSUM="0xAAE847BF" BIN_FILE_VERSION="9.29.952.3111" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="9.29.952.3111" PRODUCT_VERSION="9.29.952.3111" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Direct3D 10.1 Extensions" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Microsoft® DirectX for Windows®" FILE_VERSION="9.29.952.3111" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="D3DX11.dll" INTERNAL_NAME="D3DX11.dll" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright © Microsoft Corp. 1994-2007" VERDATEHI="0x0" VERDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x10001" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x4867A" LINKER_VERSION="0x60001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="9.29.952.3111" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="9.29.952.3111" LINK_DATE="05/21/2010 22:41:05" UPTO_LINK_DATE="05/21/2010 22:41:05" EXPORT_NAME="d3dx11_43.dll" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" EXE_WRAPPER="0x0" />
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="msvcp110.dll" SIZE="661456" CHECKSUM="0x94AEFB73" BIN_FILE_VERSION="11.0.51106.1" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="11.0.51106.1" PRODUCT_VERSION="11.00.51106.1" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Microsoft® C Runtime Library" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2012" FILE_VERSION="11.00.51106.1 built by: Q11REL" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="msvcp110.dll" INTERNAL_NAME="msvcp110.dll" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved." VERDATEHI="0x0" VERDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0xA2B4C" LINKER_VERSION="0xA0000" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="11.0.51106.1" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="11.0.51106.1" LINK_DATE="11/06/2012 03:22:43" UPTO_LINK_DATE="11/06/2012 03:22:43" EXPORT_NAME="MSVCP110.dll" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" EXE_WRAPPER="0x0" />
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="msvcr110.dll" SIZE="849360" CHECKSUM="0xEC52463E" BIN_FILE_VERSION="11.0.51106.1" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="11.0.51106.1" PRODUCT_VERSION="11.00.51106.1" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Microsoft® C Runtime Library" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2012" FILE_VERSION="11.00.51106.1 built by: Q11REL" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="msvcr110.dll" INTERNAL_NAME="msvcr110.dll" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved." VERDATEHI="0x0" VERDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0xD1E09" LINKER_VERSION="0xA0000" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="11.0.51106.1" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="11.0.51106.1" LINK_DATE="11/06/2012 03:22:22" UPTO_LINK_DATE="11/06/2012 03:22:22" EXPORT_NAME="MSVCR110.dll" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" EXE_WRAPPER="0x0" />
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="nvDXTLibrary.dll" SIZE="474112" CHECKSUM="0xB9C521" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x79798" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="09/02/2011 19:44:28" UPTO_LINK_DATE="09/02/2011 19:44:28" EXPORT_NAME="nvDXTLibrary.dll" EXE_WRAPPER="0x0" />
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="Prey.exe" SIZE="154202112" CHECKSUM="0x8B1F1E90" BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.0.1.0" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.0.1.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="1.0.1.0" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Prey" COMPANY_NAME="Arkane Studios" PRODUCT_NAME="Prey" FILE_VERSION="1.0.1.0" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright © 2017 Arkane Studios" VERDATEHI="0x0" VERDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.0.1.0" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.0.1.0" LINK_DATE="05/24/2017 21:22:22" UPTO_LINK_DATE="05/24/2017 21:22:22" EXPORT_NAME="MIXED.EXE" VER_LANGUAGE="English [0x9]" EXE_WRAPPER="0x0" />
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="steam_api64.dll" SIZE="242976" CHECKSUM="0x1207E2A6" BIN_FILE_VERSION="3.75.32.7" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.0.0.1" PRODUCT_VERSION="01.00.00.01" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Steam Client API" COMPANY_NAME="Valve Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Steam Client API" FILE_VERSION="03.75.32.07" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="steam_api.dll" INTERNAL_NAME="Steam Client API (buildbot_steam-relclient-win64-builder_steam_rel_client_win64@steam-relclient-win64-builder)" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright (C) 2007" VERDATEHI="0x0" VERDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x421DC" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="3.75.32.7" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.0.0.1" LINK_DATE="12/20/2016 02:17:21" UPTO_LINK_DATE="12/20/2016 02:17:21" EXPORT_NAME="steam_api64.dll" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" EXE_WRAPPER="0x0" />
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="vccorlib110.dll" SIZE="354264" CHECKSUM="0x2B68543A" BIN_FILE_VERSION="11.0.51106.1" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="11.0.51106.1" PRODUCT_VERSION="11.0.51106.1" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Microsoft ® VC WinRT core library" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2012" FILE_VERSION="11.0.51106.1 built by: Q11REL" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="vccorlib110.DLL" INTERNAL_NAME="vccorlib110.DLL" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved." VERDATEHI="0x0" VERDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x5B62A" LINKER_VERSION="0xA0000" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="11.0.51106.1" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="11.0.51106.1" LINK_DATE="11/06/2012 04:45:54" UPTO_LINK_DATE="11/06/2012 04:45:54" EXPORT_NAME="vccorlib110.DLL" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" EXE_WRAPPER="0x0" />
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="xinput1_3.dll" SIZE="107368" CHECKSUM="0x705A33A2" BIN_FILE_VERSION="9.18.944.0" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="9.18.944.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="9.18.944.0000" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Microsoft Common Controller API" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Microsoft® DirectX for Windows®" FILE_VERSION="9.18.944.0000" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="XInput1_3.dll" INTERNAL_NAME="XInput" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved." VERDATEHI="0x0" VERDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x2415A" LINKER_VERSION="0x50002" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="9.18.944.0" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="9.18.944.0" LINK_DATE="04/05/2007 00:53:49" UPTO_LINK_DATE="04/05/2007 00:53:49" EXPORT_NAME="XINPUT1_3.dll" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" EXE_WRAPPER="0x0" />
</EXE>
</DATABASE>
Version=1
EventType=PCA2
EventTime=131457986745682245
Consent=1
ReportIdentifier=e8817f3f-744a-11e7-a118-d8cb8acc6fe4
Response.type=4
Sig[0].Name=Problem Signature 01
Sig[0].Value=Prey.exe
Sig[1].Name=Problem Signature 02
Sig[1].Value=1.0.1.0
Sig[2].Name=Problem Signature 03
Sig[2].Value=Prey
Sig[3].Name=Problem Signature 04
Sig[3].Value=Prey
Sig[4].Name=Problem Signature 05
Sig[4].Value=Arkane Studios
Sig[5].Name=Problem Signature 06
Sig[5].Value=200
Sig[6].Name=Problem Signature 07
Sig[6].Value=-1
DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
DynamicSig[1].Value=6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
DynamicSig[2].Name=Locale ID
DynamicSig[2].Value=2057
File[0].CabName=appcompat.txt
File[0].Path=appcompat.txt
File[0].Flags=65536
File[0].Type=5
File[0].Original.Path=D:\Temp\{0aa2f793-da1f-4ccc-9e9b-e7013390616e}\appcompat.txt
File[1].CabName=Tab4E6E.tmp
File[1].Path=Tab4E6E.tmp
File[1].Flags=65536
File[1].Type=5
File[1].Original.Path=D:\Temp\Tab4E6E.tmp
FriendlyEventName=Program Compatibility
ConsentKey=PCA2
AppName=Prey
AppPath=E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Prey\Binaries\Danielle\x64\Release\Prey.exe

I never had GPU/performance-related problems with Prey, but the last patch seems to have broken the x360 controller support. I wanted to finish the game after a long break, but so far it's completely unplayable for me. Looks like Steam forums have been raving about this for like a week, and devs still didn't do a thing.

I was curious when I saw Arkane was making it, so I watched some let's plays. It looks awesome. Possibly the most open world immersive sim this year. Unfortunately my gaming laptop died recently and I have to save up to repair it. I was probably going to wait to buy it when it gets a bit cheaper anyway, but definitely now.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Had to cheat and use the web to get through this game, its a shit of of bugs and crashing so bad it force quit's the game with a memory error.

That and I just discovered that tis game was not the Prey 2 that were were promised -

- https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/05/prey-shows-that-bethesdas-review-policy-is-even-bad-for-bethesda/

- https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/60432n/prey_2_old_game_that_got_canceled_because_of/

Thier propensity to release bug riddled games and now this... I really am growing to intensely dislike Bethesda as a studio.

Yeah, Prey 2 was cancelled after Bethesda tried to buy Human Head Studios through milestone abuse, sadly.

Because the publisher spent shit loads on the licence back in 2009, they forced Arkane use the name for their unrelated Shock-like reboot. They also botched the marketing so terribly that Arkane's game sold less than Prey 1 despite shipping on more platforms and costing a fucking fortune compared to Prey 2.

I am not too entirely sure of the problems of Prey technically, but anyone interested in the game steam has 50% $29.99 off deal today or tonight elsewhere. Early sale may have to do with the problems and trying to get them out before the gaming world all knows the problems that are here in this tread.

Guys if you don't like me just ban me, i am not going to make a big deal about it.

Edited by bobrpggamer

A Bioshock in space :D (well, a System Shock clone :P )

Good game, terrible keyboard bindings management :D (I hope they will fix the input interface in the next updates)

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Looks like the controller support is back, not sure how they did it, since there was no official patch.

That said, I'm becoming a bit tired of the game itself. I got to the life support and I'm about to reboot the reactor, and for last few hours I've been moving around the same pipes, walls, and walkways. Givng players additional hours of gameplay with recycled content isn't always a good idea, especially that the game seems to be long enough already. I have 35 hours clocked on my Steam library page, so that's where I'd expect things to wrap up, but I feel like I'm nowhere near the end.

Edited by Judith

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished and I enjoyed it. It's the first game I ever wished it was shorter. It took me 30 hours to finish the game! I mean, sure, it's good but after so long I just want some closure :P But I totally recommend it. The game has distinct phases which is admirable, seeing how the gameplay rules are basically always the same but the parameters change smoothly. That's a clumsily vague way of putting it but I don't want to give details that might spoil the experience.

It's also a game that contains the lines of dialogue "the place is darker than my butthole at the bottom of a pit" and "it melted into a black goo that smelled like fried ass". Truly riveting stuff.

The whole experience is still processing in my head as I finished it just a few hours ago, but I'll probably write more about it somewhere. On that note - and a bit off-topic too - if anyone has a good suggestion for places to write I'm all ears. I have a few reviews/articles on medium (dot com) but that place shows all the signs if a dying service. Gamasutra is great but they discourage pure review articles. I know everyone just watches youtube videos now but I'm not willing to read stuff on camera yet.

• 2 weeks later...