The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 2.3.0 pre-release phase

One minor thing that I just noticed: texture scale in surface inspector is limited to 3 digits after the decimal point. With big textures like 2048 you need precise scale values like 0.125 or 0.0625, and the latter gets rounded to 0.063.

I can't confirm that it's three digits, but the numbers displayed there are in fact rounded to 1.0e-5. The value of the entry field is also converted by means of a single-precision float.

I can change both things (just open a tracker entry), to round to 1.0e-7 and use doubles for emitting the texdef, but beware that the engine might read in something less precise in the end, since idTech4 is entirely based on single-precision floats. The resulting map format is using a texture matrix (not the legacy shift/scale/rotation) so it's possible that these floats used by the engine are sufficient here, but I haven't done any experiments which values are coming through.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll set up my tracker account eventually. But I agree that if such change might break something or will be ignored by the engine, it's not really worth implementing. In the meantime, I'm off to check the final release :)

Edit: there's a sort of workaround for that as well. You can use a scaled-down _ed texture in DR, so you'll be able to use values with fewer digits. The engine will match the high-res texture in game accordingly.

Edited by Judith

Works great. Minor annoyance is the grid is harder to see now, with pale blue lines, and dark lines I'd like it to just be black. I've not changed it.

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

• 2 weeks later...

The Entity Inspector (where you change spawnargs). Usually with a panel like this, you can expand or reduce the gaps between the entity list and the Inherited propeties area. Usually you

would get an icon of an arrow pointing up and down telling you, you can move the panel divider up or down. I only get 3 lines of text in the entity inspector and it slows things

down a lot when I have to scroll down each time to see the rest of the panel. Could you add that please?

[EDIT] CANCEL THAT - I found it. However it's in an odd place, usually you can use it anywhere on the divider between panels, but this is on the tick bar which is

not the usual convention. I wasted 10 minutes looking for it after I reinstalled Windows and lost all my settings. lol

Thanks

Neon

Edited by NeonsStyle

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/