The Dark Mod Forums

Thief 2 - Death’s Cold Embrace

lowenz

Ha , thanks Moonbo!

Actually went in there.Must have missed it in the dark.

Nice mission!

Thanks Moonbo , I actually went in there but must have missed it in the dark! Sorry , posted twice!

Edited by raymeld

My,these missions are well done.

Highly recommended .They play so smoothly too , and great storylines.

I'd forgotten how very easy it was to blackjack in Thief 2 though!

What I like about them is you can find a completely different solution to a problem if you like , for instance , the way I got into the Harliquin Inn , even though I knew that a window was probably the answer.So for me it probably enhanced the story a bit.

Mind you , I always had a soft spot for Thief 2 .

Edited by raymeld
  • Like 1

Sadly , after my initial enthusiasm , I've all but given up on this one.Don't get me wrong , I loved the missions.Except I've now got to the ritual part and need a freezer key in the Mech building.I cannot for the life of me jump to the sill of the locked room from one side and the gurney is not high enough on the other.Shame , why oh why is something so simple made so difficult for the sake of adjusting the jump!Time to get my life back , I've wasted enough time on that sill to sill jump to Calvadors room.

Yes , and the other side ( drunken man by fire ).The pic shows crane thing , I arrow up to it but can't jump from there thro window.Other side I get to first window to get into building but can't jump to second (the one facing drunk).

Presume key is in there.

Maybe it is me with the old arthritic hands.

Did you watch the video?

I'll take a peek at it tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for the information.I'd been trying for some time and got a bit fed up.Going into hospital for a throat op in a couple of days ,was looking for a bit of r and r beforehand.Should have left it until I got out!

Thank you A H , a little edgy but if it works it will be a relief to get my voice working properly again.They will do biopsy as well.

Yeah...having finished the whole campaign and enjoying it overall, the last few levels were something of a low point, exhibiting the bad thief level habit of placing vaguely defined objectives in a sprawling non linear space. I'd wait until after your op Raymeld, because the next level is the worst in this regard (and has horror based enemies that basically force ghosting).

• Like 2

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

Thanks for the heads up Moonbo , will do that.

My , you soon moved from finding Edwin's body in the secret room to the end mission Biker.Fast mover compared to me!

Sadly , after my initial enthusiasm , I've all but given up on this one.Don't get me wrong , I loved the missions.Except I've now got to the ritual part and need a freezer key in the Mech building.I cannot for the life of me jump to the sill of the locked room from one side and the gurney is not high enough on the other.Shame , why oh why is something so simple made so difficult for the sake of adjusting the jump!Time to get my life back , I've wasted enough time on that sill to sill jump to Calvadors room.

I thought that was a easy jump

Mantle the crates at the back of the alley

Jump & mantle the suspended crate, ignore the cables they're just decorative

Jump & mantle the mechanist window sill

Alternatively

Rope arrow to the roof of the wooden building next to the bookshop

Get on the ledge at the back wall connecting to the mechanist building

Hop the mechanist windowsills until until you get to the last one and enter the office that way, you might be seen this way though as there's a patrolling mechanist on the top floor

Have you got the new mantle setting turned on ?

Hope you're throat op goes ok

Edited by esme

Thanks esme for your good wishes.

No , don't think so ,how do you turn it on?

That may help a bit. Thanks!

Having finally got through the wretched window , ( my fault or computer I don't know , something isn't right with doing stuff like that in the mission and never had trouble before in T2 ),I had a sneaky look at the last level.

Moonbo , I think it best for my sanity to play it when I come out of hospital.I really enjoyef the town based missions but this bit seems to be everything I never liked , ethereal beings , ghosts and the like.Half wish it had ended up at the ritual bit.

Excellently done though!

• Like 1

Thanks esme for your good wishes.

No , don't think so ,how do you turn it on?

That may help a bit. Thanks!

Look in the Thief install folder for file "cam_ext.cfg"

Edit it & scroll down to this section

; -------------
; game specific
; -------------

; enable new mantling code
new_mantle

if "new_mantle" is commented then remove the leading ";"

Pretty sure that's the only setting to change

And in the Wailing Keep mission your best bet is to sneak around the ethereal bad guys & do not engage them, the bigger ones can't be killed and killing the small ones draws attention

Edited by esme

Thanks again esme.