The Dark Mod Forums

I got my gaming computer back up.

Kurshok

I don't know how to do advanced computer stuff. Plus, a steam release would allow me to play it easier without the hassle of setup for every little detail. That, and my little brother likes to play Team Fortress 2, and I don't play with him as much as I would like to, so maybe I can get him interested in the Dark Mod too when it is released on steam.

Above the example, why i made the tdm-installers and write down some installation instructions.

Follow the instructions on the following wiki article:

http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Installer_and_Manual_Installation

Or

use the installer i made earlier.

Download, unpack, start it and hit the next button.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dark-mod/downloads/the-dark-mod-gui-installer-windows

Its like installing steam on your system.

Or

use these instructions on the main page:

http://www.thedarkmod.com/download-the-mod/

Edited by freyk
  • Like 1

Info: My portfolio and darkmod graphical installer
Amnesty for Bikerdude!

Meh, the steam version might be different from the current version. I'll wait for the official release. Besides, I can wait a year, I'm about to start a new job program shoveling horse shit for a living and spending my weekends hanging out with other high functioning autistic people in a program.

No, atm there are, for you, no differences.

And You dont have to wait.

Just take the time to install tdm. its not difficult.

I will (or somebody else) upload ony the installer executable to the web,

then it will be a very simple thing.

or you do it yourself, by downloading/unpacking/running the updater in a created folder.

(The installer will do this automaticly)

And we will be here to help you.

You won't regret this.

Only the time, you didn't played tdm.

then you van share tdm with those people, because theres is always a need.

Edited by freyk
  • Like 1

Amnesty for Bikerdude!

hanging out with other high functioning autistic people in a program.

Autists are not mentally deranged or suffering from intellectual disability. Kind of not nice of you.

It isn't their fault.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

Autists are not mentally deranged or suffering from intellectual disability. Kind of not nice of you.

It isn't their fault.

It's not nice of you to assume I meant that. It's a social program that helps people like ME, who actually does have high functioning autism, to make friends and learn how to socialize with others. It's a state program in New Hampshire.
  • Like 1

Here is a tutorial.

In short:

download the installer, run the installer, hit the next/contiuneu buttons on the installer, after installation the installer starts the updater, hit the next/continue buttons to start the downloadprocess.

After beeing downloaded, run the dark mod from your start menu.

Download the installer

• Go to my the dark mission google drive.
  • click on "installer"
  • the click on "tdm_installer"
  • click on the download button
  • Then Windows would like to know what you would like to do with it.

(if you dont see this screen, your browser downloaded the file automaticly to your download folder.

• Select open.

(or you can save the file on a location you like. save that file, then go to that location and double click on the installer)

• This wil run the installer.
  • end.
If you get any security warnings, just accept them.

Running the installer

At the installer.

• If the installer didnt started. Go to the location where you save the installer. Doubleclick on the installer to run it
  • At the welcome screen of the installer, click "next"
  • Read the licence and click "I agree"
  • At the choose components-screen, click "Next". (or select the components you want to install)
  • At the "choose install location", use the automaticly selected location for the gamefolder and click "install" (or change the location using the "browse" button)
  • After the installation, in the "completeing the darkmod installer setup", click finisch.
  • The installer then starts automaticly the updater.

(or if you dont want to runthe updater, uncheck button "launch the dark mod updater" and click finisch).

• In the updater you only have to click "continue" to download automaticly the files. (this take some minutes to download the files)
  • end
by the way, you can run tdm from inside steam. just add a shortcut to tdm in steam.

some (old) video tutorials in the spoiler

install an old version of tdm.

Set a shortcut in steam to a non-steam game

Edited by freyk

Amnesty for Bikerdude!

It's not nice of you to assume I meant that. It's a social program that helps people like ME, who actually does have high functioning autism, to make friends and learn how to socialize with others. It's a state program in New Hampshire.

In that case apologies on my behalf. My brother is also autist. That's why I reacted this way, social inclusion is a must and intolerance in any circumstance was the thing I tried to prevent.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

badge?user=andarson

I think there should be state programs that teach autistic men how to get a gril (respectfully, of course.)

I'm not even being snide or callous saying this, seeing how I myself have a lot of autistic traits (probably on the spectrum, even if not diagnosed.) And it's just unfathomably hard to attract women being socially awkward; the other way autism screws you, is it's brutally hard to even take the steps to meet women; and if that weren't enough, rejection sensitivity is very common for autistic men, which makes it all the more worse given rejection is the only thing we can ever expect to get.

So, that's why there should be programs to help with this, otherwise a lot of autistic men are going to be endlessly lonely and frustrated, which ends up turning into self-loathing.... not good.

I'll say I don't like that "most common" suggestion I've seen about this, I'll just say I find the implications insulting, I'll leave it at that.

• Like 1

I think there should be state programs that teach autistic men how to get a gril (respectfully, of course.)

I'm not even being snide or callous saying this, seeing how I myself have a lot of autistic traits (probably on the spectrum, even if not diagnosed.) And it's just unfathomably hard to attract women being socially awkward; the other way autism screws you, is it's brutally hard to even take the steps to meet women; and if that weren't enough, rejection sensitivity is very common for autistic men, which makes it all the more worse given rejection is the only thing we can ever expect to get.

So, that's why there should be programs to help with this, otherwise a lot of autistic men are going to be endlessly lonely and frustrated, which ends up turning into self-loathing.... not good.

I'll say I don't like that "most common" suggestion I've seen about this, I'll just say I find the implications insulting, I'll leave it at that.

We can look at it another way too

• Like 1

badge?user=andarson