The Dark Mod Forums

WTF did I just read?

TheUnbeholden

Didn't even have time to finish watching it and someone already posted and replied to the video XD. Anybody who's a fan of Solomon Kane and the public domain audiobooks is alright in my book. Man America is worse than any other place in the world. Blacks and illegal mexicans can murder, kidnap and torture whites in San Franscisco and Chicago, and can then get probation with the only crime they are guilty of according to those states & their judges is being caught carrying a gun. This is what happens when you let materialist leftists be in charge of anything. People where willing to start a civil war 100 years over a new tax, these days outright murder is glossed over.

Edited by TheUnbeholden
  • Like 1

I haven't watched yet but I think this is a reference to these very real issues:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Chicago_torture_incident

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Kathryn_Steinle

?

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

It's arguable that these examples are outliers and that the added attention to them is driven

by racism on both sides of the political spectrum, yes.

That said, no matter how political a crime becomes by virtue of external forces, we shouldn't

diminish the punishment or the victim impact because those outside pundits make people "feel bad".

It's very easy. If someone of race W commits crime X that happens to match stereotype Y, we do not

"lighten the sentence"... because it will happen again and there will be no justice for victim Z.

Again, I'll not venture to say that these dudes are keeping any decorum or broad perspective like that.

It's arguable that these examples are outliers and that the added attention to them is driven

by racism on both sides of the political spectrum, yes.

That said, no matter how political a crime becomes by virtue of external forces, we shouldn't

diminish the punishment or the victim impact because those outside pundits make people "feel bad".

It's very easy. If someone of race W commits crime X that happens to match stereotype Y, we do not

"lighten the sentence"... because it will happen again and there will be no justice for victim Z.

Again, I'll not venture to say that these dudes are keeping any decorum or broad perspective like that.

Oh no, not one of the devs, too. :\

Oh no, not one of the devs, too. :\

Oy vey.

Please outline the logic about why an illegal alien with multiple felonies should go unpunished

for the death of Kathryn Steinle?

(Try to refrain from "Trump is a bad man" as a logical crutch.)

The vast majority of both Left and Right leaning people agree that this case is a travesty

and only looney tunes are making any excuses here.

Trumps propaganda would be powerless if the left simply said "Big whoop, Obama prosecuted and deported

illegal aliens too. Even more than Trump has done."

...instead of treating every case with illegal aliens as if Trump were personally assigning

Secret Service to round up legal immigrants into Air-force One and kick them out of the country.

• Like 1

Oy vey.

Please outline the logic about why an illegal alien with multiple felonies should go unpunished

for the death of Kathryn Steinle?

(Try to refrain from "Trump is a bad man" as a logical crutch.)

The vast majority of both Left and Right leaning people agree that this case is a travesty

and only looney tunes are making any excuses here.

Trumps propaganda would be powerless if the left simply said "Big whoop, Obama prosecuted and deported

illegal aliens too. Even more than Trump has done."

...instead of treating every case with illegal aliens as if Trump were personally assigning

Secret Service round up legal immigrants into Air-force One and kick them out of the country.

USA or Argentina, lots of cases about which the public opinion wonders, why someone gets released are usually, on the legal side provided with a handful of mitigating circumstances that we can't physically know of because we're not parties and it's really none of our concern.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

On November 30, 2017, after five days of deliberations, the jury acquitted Zarate of all murder and manslaughter charges, but convicted him of being a felon in possession of a firearm

I don't see why it matters that he was an illegal. There's thousands of shooting every year by all types of people, why do illegal immigrants get special hate?

Also apparently they determined that he was not lying when he said he found the gun and it went off when he picked it up.

They even found the ricochet mark in the concrete, further proving his story.

Did he have tons of prior convictions? Yes. For drug possession and illegally crossing the border, over and over again.

EDIT: So I'm not sure what you are getting at, are you mad that he killed someone and didn't get convicted of murder? Or that he's an illegal immigrant who shot someone and didn't get convicted of murder?

• Like 3

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

I don't see why it matters that he was an illegal. There's thousands of shooting every year by all types of people, why do illegal immigrants get special hate?

Also apparently they determined that he was not lying when he said he found the gun and it went off when he picked it up.

They even found the ricochet mark in the concrete, further proving his story.

Did he have tons of prior convictions? Yes. For drug possession and illegally crossing the border, over and over again.

EDIT: So I'm not sure what you are getting at, are you mad that he killed someone and didn't get convicted of murder? Or that he's an illegal immigrant who shot someone and didn't get convicted of murder?

His original story was that he was "shooting at seals".

Anyone who wasn't part of a politically charged trial would've been convicted.

If the seals died he would've gotten a worse sentence.

He was getting aid from the most generous state in the US and still spitting in their face by breaking laws repeatedly.

Right, and that did come up in the trial, regardless they found not enough evidence to conclude it was murder. Again, are you upset that he was not convicted of murder? Or that he's an illegal immigrant that wasn't convicted of murder?

Anyone who wasn't part of a politically charged trial would've been convicted.

Wild speculation and shows more your biases really.

From anything I've read about the proceedings, it was a fairly normal trial involving an accidental killing with a firearm.

Your claim seems to be that he didn't get convicted because he was an immigrant is a weird one.

Wild speculation and shows more your biases really.

There was a stolen gun in his hand as Kate Steinle and her father walked along Pier 14.

He initially told police he’d been shooting at a sea lion.

But if he had killed the sea lion, Zarate would have been convicted of something.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-met-california-shooting-kass-1203-story.html

Unless you think killing Sea Lions is "a good thing"?

Yup I read that, I even said that in my last post. Regardless of what he was shooting at, he didn't mean to kill someone, and the fact that forensics confirmed the bullet that hit her was a ricochet, it was accidental. Hence not getting convicted of murder.

Also he was convicted of "something",

but convicted him of being a felon in possession of a firearm

I don't have as much skin in this game other than my annoyance at the left.

It should be patently obvious that people who are here illegally should be gracious

and law abiding just as anyone rational from our country going to another should

be gracious there.

The left "standing up" for this guy is just going to cost them and will just feed Trumps

propaganda. There are bigger things to fight about.

All because the left can't admit that Bernie should've been the nominee...

Aside from the fact that illegals are easy to pick on, and convict for things that sometimes they aren't guilty of, sometimes they do need protection.

But let's not forget that these people are all just people. EVERYBODY should be gracious and law-abiding but looking at crime statistics, that's clearly not the case.

• Like 2

The current wrangles about illegals are really wrangles about how the big corporations can lower wages.

Option 1: Outsource \ NAFTA

Option 2: Import illegals

Option 3: Adjust Minimum Wage (keep flat, lower, abolish, etc) and corporate tax reduction

Every outcome helps the wealthy but they align differently with different economic interests.

Options 1 and 2 are largely favored by multinationals. (Democrats and Republicans)

Option 3 would help native businesses and travel\hospitality industry (Trumplicans)

None of them help "the people". We argue about which is the best way to get screwed by the wealthy.

I would not have expected, that a non-white would get a fair trial despite the public outrage. Seems, there have been upgrades lately.

The current wrangles about illegals are really wrangles about how the big corporations can lower wages.

The immigrants are indeed welcomed by the corps (and a lot of middle-class home owners) and add to the pressure on the labor market. But i doubt, the corps are guilty here (seems to be an exception as they normally are guilty for all the bad things *g*). The real couse, why the immigrants come, are the geopolitical decisions of the last hundred years. Destabilizing entire regions of course leads to migration. The effect might take a while to emerge. You might have to wait some decades, to see the results of any changes (or absence of such changes) in the current politicts. Well, the same parties will surely try the same tactics again while expecting different results...

TL;DR: Politics are the cause for immigration. There are more than two parties. Don't vote for the two big ones.

How about, maybe break all this off into a thread in "Off-Topic" named something like "Endless bickering over political issues"... This isn't only the wrong thread but entirely the wrong sub-forum, and this thread has been thoroughly beasted.

Back on-topic - I'm thinking that the compass issue should probably be a main concern if it's going to prevent people from making playthrough videos, if it's possible to easily fix. It could have been that his chat window was the cause for the compass issue. Playthroughs on YouTube would really help people to realise what they've been missing out on. It's a shame RazorFist didn't check out some of the more recent missions, but hopefully he might come back to it for another video after checking out this thread:-

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/13323-pick-your-top-5-tdm-missions/