The Dark Mod Forums

Testers and reviewers wanted: BFG-style vertex cache

cabalistic

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2019 at 9:42 AM, stgatilov said:

I have built RelWithDebInfo x64 library for versions 1.18.2, 1.19.0, and 1.19.1. There are here. You can replace the lib "rel" version with any of them, build TDM, and it will produce PDB with symbols for OpenAL. On the other hand, if you want to see the place in debugger, then you will have to download source code and point MSVC to it.

Maybe we should build most of the libraries with debug info to make debugging easier.

P.S. Conan has one major issue: it has steep learning curve. I wish more people try to use it, but understand that it is not trivial.

Now I see "Debug with inlines" as an option.

Isn't it possible to add ALL the 3 OpenAL Soft versions to the project and select one in the build process? So we got 3 possible binaries for x64 and 3 for x86.

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

"Mine"= the one you posted here some time ago

*GeForce Ti 1050 -> working with some scene parts black (A New Job FM)

*RX 570 -> working but ALL THE SCENE is black (geometry is there)

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

18 hours ago, lowenz said:

Isn't it possible to add ALL the 3 OpenAL Soft versions to the project and select one in the build process? So we got 3 possible binaries for x64 and 3 for x86.

Ehm... not directly.

Is it too bad when you copy the wanted version over SVN package, then build, then rename executable? Repeat it three times, and you have three executables, each with its own version of OpenAL.

53 minutes ago, stgatilov said:

Ehm... not directly.

Is it too bad when you copy the wanted version over SVN package, then build, then rename executable? Repeat it three times, and you have three executables, each with its own version of OpenAL.

Can we have a test build with the debug version of OpenAL so that @lowenz can show us where it crashes inside the lib?

Just tell me how to generate the OpenAL32.lib (the needed flags) in MSVC, and I'll move the files in "thirdparty" folder ;)

I build OpenAL.dll by myself but let me know how the .lib must be generated.

For now I'll use the .lib posted before ;)

Edited by lowenz

4 hours ago, duzenko said:

I will need to check that @grayman's bug first

Now that OpenAL issues are gone, here's the situation with the AMD Radeon (got OpenGL cache cleared, of course)

The-Dark-Modx64-2019-11-14-19-35-56-700.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

version 8530 (with its GLProgs)

ShadowMaps problem (not present with Stencil) on a Radeon RX 570 (Catalyst 20.1.3) with NPC ! Shadows are.....partial.

newjob-2020-01-23-22-41-14.jpg

Maybe now that the SVN version is complete (GLProgs) it's time to create a related dedicated thread for betatesters?

Edited by lowenz