The Dark Mod Forums

Sad news, we lost one of our own - Sir Taffsalot.

Bikerdude

Ok so I have found a place who can print this for me by tomoz for £30, all I will have to do then sand it, do a coat of primer, then a coat of gold (I'll pick these up from Hobbycraft)

Edited by Bikerdude
  • Like 1

Ok so I have found a place who can print this for me by tomoz for £30, all I will have to do then sand it, do a coat of primer, then a coat of gold (I'll pick these up from Hobbycraft)

After all is said and done, pls let me know what I can contribute toward these efforts.

• Like 1

That's a fine thing.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry I'm late to this thread but I saw a hidden shrine to Sir Taffsalot in one of the recent fan mods, and I'm like is this a real tribute thing?? Unfortunately coming here today I found out what happened. I find that gold Hammerite statue to be the best thing I would have wanted. Well done guys.

I love playing all you guys mods and have for years. I have tried to make a mod and failed, completely bewildered, and I think it takes real talent to release the masterpieces you guys put together. Biker, Grayman, Jesps, Obsttorte, Goldwell, Springheel, Fidcal, Dragofer, and all the rest of you do a phenomenal job. And Taff has given us some of the best. Everyone keep it together. We all have bad days and no life is perfect. Ups and downs is the challenge, just like hunting for loot in the game. It's rewarding in small steps and occasionally we complete an objective, and we avoid the things like ghouls and guards that try to hold us back. Keep playing the game of life. Peace forever Taffs.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Man this sucks... Not sure I ever played his missions (probably did), but even though I've never been too active around here before I remember his name.

Taff in piece.

• I/we use the money buy Gary’s old PC, we could then donate this PC to the darkmod forum for a mapping contest.

I know this has gone by, but just for the record, one's PC is probably way too personal a thing to leave the hands of the family or close friends.

My FMs: By The Cookbook

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I've finally had time to cover his missions, would it be tasteless of me to put an "in remembrance of" with photo in the videos this much later on?

Edited by V-Man339
  • Like 1

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

If you are doing it out of respect for him and his work it can't be tasteless. Intentions are what count, not how others perceive it.

• Like 3

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

12 hours ago, V-Man339 said:

I've finally had time to cover his missions, would it be tasteless of me to put an "in remembrance of" with photo in the videos this much later on?

I think referencing him by his nickname is perfectly fine. Using actual photographs is usually discouraged so that relatives and close friends of the deceised are not accidentally confronted by them. However, I guess it is also highly unlikely for this to happen in your case.

• Like 1

I'd say if the photo is one he's already shared publicly it's fine, otherwise I would treat it like a photo of any other living person and not put it on the internet unless you know for sure that the person wouldn't mind.