The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: The Elixir by b1k3rdude & Obsttorte (17/02/2018)

Bikerdude

Your mission has been uploaded to the official servers and the FM page has been created. Let me know if you need anything changed/updated in the future :)

And congratulations on the release!

• Like 1

Yay it's finally out! Congrats, I will have to give this a go at some point in it's final form.

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

Okay, I've tried to complete the mission on Hard difficulty, and the mission doesn't end when I approach the north east gate even though I've completed all objectives. It was like that even during beta. Also, the cook just stays in the dining room.

"Let me guess - little blue men with three heads stole your sweetroll?"

Okay, I've tried to complete the mission on Hard difficulty, and the mission doesn't end when I approach the north east gate even though I've completed all objectives. It was like that even during beta. Also, the cook just stays in the dining room.

:wacko: I thought I had fixed these, give me a sec.

I don't find it on the in-game downloader. Thanks

It should be listed under The Elixir. Or possibly under Elixir, The

Congrats for getting this out the door. One little mistake, though. It is Obsttorte (just one 't') ;)

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

It was listed under The Elexir for me, in the Mission Downloader. It is listed under Elexir, The in the list of missions then though. :blink:

That's because on the server it's called "The Elixir" as that's the title of this thread. But the Darkmod.txt file must just list it as "Elixir" and so once downloaded it shows up as that in the missions list.

Bikerdude if you see this please change the Darkmod.txt file to reflect the name "The Elixir". Alternatively if you want the name to be just "Elixir" then I'd recommend changing this thread title and I can update the name on the server list too if you would like.

• Like 1

Bikerdude if you see this please change the Darkmod.txt file to reflect the name "The Elixir". Alternatively if you want the name to be just "Elixir" then I'd recommend changing this thread title and I can update the name on the server list too if you would like.

When the video intro gets made I will do this, otherwise I have no objections if you want to do that.

Played the updated version, still can't finish the mission on Hard. Like the extra lighting.

PM your save file, as I am able to complete the game on all 3 difficulty levels.

Edited by Bikerdude

Fantastic mission! the street layout feels cozy and lived in with plenty to explore. I'm stuck with

finding the elixir sample. I think there's a secret room but can't find it, and neither the cooks nor the lady's diary have given me clues as to how to get there... Apart from that the room may be in the hallway. I can't find the button to open it though. They also mention the parlour but didn't find anything there

Edited by LordRutherford

Yeah that was the feeling I was going for, I would love to build a much larger map using these modules - but we need more skins and variations (I need to create a list and attach this to a bug tracker)

Douse the candle at the bottom of the hallway outside the kitchen and then have a look

along the wall at the bottom of the stairs..

I had one issue

When I opened the safe I couldn't frob anything inside it

However I reloaded a save & it worked perfectly, so I'm not sure if this is an issue you need to look at or not

Excellent little mission though, lots of climbing opporunities

It should be, but isn't. I recently repartitioned the C: partition to expand it, so I might have dropped a reference somewhere. Suggestions?

Try the following:

• Running tdm_update.exe inside your TDM folder, that will cross reference your TDM directory with what's on the server and should there be any variances it will download the server version
  • After that delete the elixir folder in your FM folder and download a fresh copy from the mission downloader
  • If that fails, try to download a different mission and see if that works
  • If all of that fails try creating a brand new directory and installing a fresh copy of the dark mod

Those are the only steps I can think of to help solve your issue, if you require any further help I would recommend opening a thread in the tech support section and hopefully someone with more technical expertise can help you to diagnose and solve your issue.

Good luck!

Played the updated version, still can't finish the mission on Hard. Like the extra lighting.

Ok so rather annoyingly the medium difficulty is partially broken, the mission wont end. As this is the only issue with that difficulty level, I will fix this when I next update it to include the intro.

Edited by Bikerdude

I will fix this when I next update it to include the intro.

How important is the intro going to be? Is it worth waiting for that before playing the mission?