The Dark Mod Forums

Look up & down binding in control options

V-Man339

I know this may seem antiquated but the bindings for look up and down are very useful in conjunction with look left and right (which we already have) and while routing on a laptop I had to find out the hard way we didn't have those.

We might want to have those, guys, otherwise just having look left and right in the options menu is kind of silly. Up and down look keys are incredibly useful for keyboard only setups.

Edited by V-Man339
  • Like 1

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

I like this idea too.

Because when running TDM inside a virtual machine, mouse does not work properly :huh:

Those "turn left/right" keys are what I use to navigate through levels.

UPDATE: If there are no objections, I'll create a feature request?...

I like this idea too.

Because when running TDM inside a virtual machine, mouse does not work properly :huh:

Those "turn left/right" keys are what I use to navigate through levels.

UPDATE: If there are no objections, I'll create a feature request?...

Keyboard only setups need this.

Do it.

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

Reminds me of all the games that have bound specific tasks to mousewheel scrolling and do not allow to alter that. Great if your mouse doesn't has a mousewheel :( (Doom, Prey, Homeworld: DoK, to name a few)

So I definetely second that.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

The config file already has these lines in it: bind "DEL" "_lookdown", bind "PGDN" "_lookup". Would they just need an integration into the settings GUI?

Update: This was really easy to add, as there was room for two more lines already! Just extract the attached archive into your TDM folder to fix this :)...

P.S.: I can't attach any archives or game files here! Is this feature only for screenshots? Anyway, I can send these files to anyone interested or to the

right person on the team to integrate into 2.07 of course. I'll put them into my Unofficial TDM too, because 2.07 is probably a very long time off ;)!

Edited by wesp5
  • Like 4