The Dark Mod Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Skaruts

TDM origins?

And I think TyroT made that video, didn't he? Or played a big role in its creation? Like he maybe did the clock and the music, and edited the vid, etc. Unless I'm confusing this one with another early trailer that he played a decent role in creating.
Edited by Darkness_Falls
  • Like 1

i thought another reason was that doom 3 world is dark, and didn't need shadows to be programed in like other engines do because a lot of them start light, and you have to add entities for lights and entities where shadows would go.

That's what I meant by it having a unified light system. All lights work the same way and automatically create dynamic shadows (although hard, but I think we had an idea soft shadows would come eventually, and eventually it did), which is kind of cool for us, the way lighting design is actually part of our gameplay design. I mean, back in 2004 though it was probably more like, "well it's a really dark game. We have a really dark game. Do the math, lol."

• Like 2

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

And I think TyroT made that video, didn't he? Or played a big role in its creation? Like he maybe did the clock and the music, and edited the vid, etc. Unless I'm confusing this one with another early trailer that he played a decent role in creating.

The music is by TyroT, not sure about the rest.

• Like 1

Tyrot did the music, the fancy animated graphics, and the overall editing. I captured the ingame footage of flying through the city mockup. There is artwork by spring and models by oddity.

• Like 1