The Dark Mod Forums

Beta Testing 2.07

stgatilov

The problem with the rolling ragdolls looks like it has something to do with the presence of the rug. He behaved normally when he wasn't dropped touching the rug.

Can someone create a small test map with just that room and the ragdoll in it, and attach it to this issue? (I have to jump through a hoop to get the beta of the mission, and I'd like to skip that.)

I don't know if I'll have much time to look at it, but I'd like to see if there's something obvious.

thx

I tried making a testmap but couldn't reproduce the problem. I'll try to isolate that specific room in the map and see if that works.

New version (codenamed beta207-04) is ready for update.

The changelog is here, as usual.

Please pay attention to any AIs which you are already dead / knocked out by the time you discover them (there should not be any with the new version).

Also check out how AIs sit/lie on various chairs and beds.

Another domain which needs extensive testing now is mantling, which has been changed a lot.

Check out mantling as is, and combined with crouching/jumping. Check it near ceilings and in places where there is not much space. Check it in water, on starts and ropes, etc.

Also, with 2.07 some models on this map have black polygons.

Please report which exact version of TDM you used a) when dmapping your map, and b ) when running it.

Report it both 1) for the state in the past where you got no problem, and 2) for the newer state where you get missing geometry.

Please reopen 4877.

Explain where to get the exact .map file with the problem (I guess it is beta-tested map), and report coordinates of the places where geometry is missing (the more = the better). The coordinates can be obtained by writing getviewpos command in game console.

Mapping was conducted by Bikerdude/some1stoleit. The bug was found on 2.07 beta 3, Win 10 64 (no such issues with 2.06).

The map is 2.5.2 version from CUTN beta thread
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ksb6t6yu2giglah/cutn_beta_2.5.2.zip?dl=0

getviewpos coordinates:

-685.3 682.59 247.25 53.6 36.5 0.0

-330.11 502.35 -123.75 1.3 -86.8 0.0

-531.9 566.44 -123.75 3.2 -179.0 0.0

-561.38 511.06 -123.75 -5.5 89.3 0.0

This issue seems to be different to 0004877 description or the attached screenshots. No triangles are missing, but they rather just don't get affected by lighting.

7RxfxzK.jpg

Judith noted having affected models instead of brushwork, thus, I think, it's would be better to ask for clarification prior to even opening a new bug rather than returning to the resolved one.

Edited by Boiler's_hiss
  • Like 1

Question: is it expected that some sounds cut off when player uses/triggers a quicksave? (thunder for example, or voice acting)

You can easely check @the start of WS4 (The Warrens).

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Mapping was conducted by Bikerdude/some1stoleit. The bug was found on 2.07 beta 3, Win 10 64 (no such issues with 2.06).

The map is 2.5.2 version from CUTN beta thread

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ksb6t6yu2giglah/cutn_beta_2.5.2.zip?dl=0

getviewpos coordinates:

-685.3 682.59 247.25 53.6 36.5 0.0

-330.11 502.35 -123.75 1.3 -86.8 0.0

-531.9 566.44 -123.75 3.2 -179.0 0.0

-561.38 511.06 -123.75 -5.5 89.3 0.0

This issue seems to be different to 0004877 description or the attached screenshots. No triangles are missing, but they rather just don't get affected by lighting.

7RxfxzK.jpg

Judith noted having affected models instead of brushwork, thus, I think, it's would be better to ask for clarification prior to even opening a new bug rather than returning to the resolved one.

Yes, you are absolutely right, it is an entirely different problem then.

Maybe try different versions of shadows implementation (Maps/Stencil, Soft/Hard).

Can it be a problem with model normals (although I cannot imagine how bad vertex normal could affect single quad) ?

There is a problem with the new quick mantle. When I quick mantle into the window on the training mission, I intersect with world geometry. I will debug that asap.

Viewpos: 780.68 -1205.13 708.25 5.6 -86.0 0.0

Beta 207-04

There is always room for improvement. :-) We now have two additional types of mantles.

• A quick non-crouched mantle: All regular mantles go through a crouched state which looks weird when the obstacle is very low. So now, we also have quicker non-crouched variant for low-obstacles. As a bonus, this new variant can also be performed during jumps, giving you a parcour-like look&feel. :-)
  • A quicker crouched mantle for medium sized objects that you would normally quickly surpass by standing up and doing a quick push-mantle instead of the annoyingly long hang-pull-push-mantle.

I demonstrate these new mantles in these comparison videos:

• Like 2

I think it makes sense for stuff that's like waist high, but with higher objects it looks kind of "unnatural". At least that's the first impression. I'll fire up my parkour test map with these settings when I get home.

I have already reduced the height where the quick-standing-mantle is possible. This video was recorded before that. I quite like this parcour like movement though.

I got an all-zero mission completion statistics screen for Closemouthed Shadows on hardest in TDM 2.07/64

(updated to latest version before starting the mission) running on Windows 7 x64.

I believe this was deemed to be part of:

http://bugs.thedarkmod.com/view.php?id=4222

I was hoping that we'd have some sort of improvement this cycle but I was unable to improve things

in my attempts...

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I believe this was deemed to be part of:

http://bugs.thedarkmod.com/view.php?id=4222

I was hoping that we'd have some sort of improvement this cycle but I was unable to improve things in my attempts...

No, this is not that problem. It's not just AI alerts messed up.

The whole statistics is completely blank, even gameplay time and number of saves.

I have also seen it, but don't remember how I got it (maybe I did tdm_finish_mission).

I thought of it as a separate issue too but some forum post deemed them to be rooted in

the same fault as I recall...

The bug happens if you get a perfect loot score.

Normally, if you don't "properly" alert AI, the scoring system takes that into consideration

and clears all your alert data to give you a perfect 0 stealth score.

It seems that the same "clear all" operation is also clearing your loot total?

(I'd be happy to see this fixed regardless of the true cause... :) )

• Like 1

I got an all-zero mission completion statistics screen for Closemouthed Shadows on hardest in TDM 2.07/64 (updated to latest version before starting the mission) running on Windows 7 x64.

I have tried to reproduce this issue with perfect stealth score and all loot collected, without any luck. How would you discribe your playthrough? Did you get spotted by AI? Did you get all the loot?

First bug of 2019 :D

Restarting the FM (I've tested WS4) after a death (NOT loading a save file) the player arm+weapon disappears. Arrows seem remain (only the arrow, not the actual bow model! You can reproduce this by holding the mouse button until you see the arrow showing up)

I am trying to reproduce this, but so far I failed. Can you safely reproduce this issue? Did you load up a savegame at any point, e.g., at startup? Could you please share your Darkmod.cfg?

I have tried to reproduce this issue with perfect stealth score and all loot collected, without any luck. How would you discribe your playthrough? Did you get spotted by AI? Did you get all the loot?

I am not sure, whether i really got all the loot. I definitely tried, but most often i miss some well-hidden trinkets or coins. I blackjacked some AI (including a sleeping one) and might have been almost seen by the elite guard (he barked but did not draw the sword). I tend to quicksave a lot and quickloaded a few times after alerting AI (i generally load if AI starts screaming or drawing weapons). Most often, i get a non-zero stealth score. If a mission has internal leaks, that score can also be 2-digits because then, i tend to alert some innocent bystanders on another floor when running through already emptied hallways.

This was the only time i ever got an all-zero stats screen. The stats screen of the next mission i played showed plausible values.

• Like 1

I am trying to reproduce this, but so far I failed. Can you safely reproduce this issue? Did you load up a savegame at any point, e.g., at startup? Could you please share your Darkmod.cfg?

It's related to the updates of the beta.

Changing version you must quit the old game session and restart the mission.

This fix that behaviour.

So I don't know if it's considered a "bug" anymore.....nobody should play old savegames with an updated TDM version (and it's unlikely to happen by chance).

Edited by lowenz
  • Like 1

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Question: is it expected that some sounds cut off when player uses/triggers a quicksave? (thunder for example, or voice acting)

You can easely check @the start of WS4 (The Warrens).

Up!

Edited by lowenz

I am not sure, whether i really got all the loot. I definitely tried, but most often i miss some well-hidden trinkets or coins. I blackjacked some AI (including a sleeping one) and might have been almost seen by the elite guard (he barked but did not draw the sword). I tend to quicksave a lot and quickloaded a few times after alerting AI (i generally load if AI starts screaming or drawing weapons). Most often, i get a non-zero stealth score. If a mission has internal leaks, that score can also be 2-digits because then, i tend to alert some innocent bystanders on another floor when running through already emptied hallways.

This was the only time i ever got an all-zero stats screen. The stats screen of the next mission i played showed plausible values.

Proposed fix:

http://bugs.thedarkmod.com/view.php?id=4950

I see no artifacts in warp glass and I've been testing out the faster mantling. Gotta go to work RN but before I do, I filed http://bugs.thedarkmod.com/view.php?id=4951 as it's still present in the latest beta. I feel it's an important one to fix if you have architectural models and shadowcaulk walls to seal the map.

My FMs: The King of Diamonds (2016) | Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes! | Read my tutorial on Image-Based Lighting Workflows for TDM!