The Dark Mod Forums

TDM 2.07 GUI improvements...

wesp5

I just downloaded TDM 2.07 and noticed that some of my GUI suggestions have finally been implemented :)! Most prominent the "select all" option on the mission download page which I was using right now to get up-to-date. After all missions were updated I noticed a small problem though:

- The updated missions are still being displayed over the "no new missions available for download" background. I can still highlight all missions with the mouse but can't select them. I don't know if this is a new bug connected to the combi downloader of if this happens with single downloads as well. Moving to the main menu and back does not fix it, but exiting and restarting the mod does!

I'm also glad that the "look up" and "look down" keys that we discovered found their way into the base mod! But while I am updating my UP to work with 2.07, I found two other small GUI improvement which would make sense in the main mod too. This info might make things clearer to newbies:

- "#str_02190" "Use Inv. Item or held Item"

- "#str_02405" "Frob/Interact/Take/Drop"

Last not least, how about including an option to mark a mission as finished now? I had some discussions with Obsttorte and others which ended up that this is a feature that couldn't be included in the UP, but must be done in the main game. Durandall and nbohr1one had this almost finished already, so maybe this could be targeted for TDM 2.08?

Edited by wesp5
  • Like 1

- I don't know if this is a new bug connected to the combi downloader of if this happens with single downloads as well. Moving to the main menu and back does not fix it, but exiting and restarting the mod does!

That is an old one. I experienced it on 2.06 (but don't remember whether it was in 2.05 too).

Edited by Abusimplea

That is an old one. I experienced it on 2.06 (but don't remember whether it was in 2.05 too).

In that case it should really be fixed. It looks rather unprofessional ;)...

P.S.: I just filed two bugtrackers for the issue mentioned above the the feature proposal. BTW, the bugtracker still has 2.06 as latest version...

Edited by wesp5

Do you have a screenshot of the issue? I've never downloaded all the missions before, so I've never encountered it.

Do you have a screenshot of the issue? I've never downloaded all the missions before, so I've never encountered it.

Sadly no, and I'm up-to-date now. Also I didn't download all missions, only about 20 which were updated since I last played...

P.S.: I found another GUI issue and I'm not sure whether this might be due to the UP: the compass icon is completely white!

Edited by wesp5
  • Like 1

Okay, I did some testing about the compass and added a bugtracker: Activating stencil shadows makes it turn white, using shadow maps makes it look normal!

But there are good news too, it seems the Spyglass zoom bug has been fixed in 2.07 :)! Update: I have tested this again and the weird thing is that using the

"inventory_use" key does not give the flickering, only the dedicated "spyglass" key. Maybe this can help in solving this...

post-33159-0-88452200-1549362654_thumb.jpg

Edited by wesp5
  • Like 1

Update: The compass issue is more complicated than I thought. On the older of my PCs it's obvious, stencil shadows off and the compass is okay. On my newer PC it was white with stencil and shadow maps and only went normal when turning Soft Shadows off. Even weirder, after turning those on again, it stayed normal. So I'm not sure what is going on. I also got an "overlapping loot and item" bug, see these screenshots:

post-33159-0-45920000-1549398878_thumb.jpg

post-33159-0-09893700-1549398968_thumb.jpg

Edited by wesp5
  • Like 1

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

Yep, these are the bugtrackers I made...

Yeah, I meant that you received some answers on them in comments.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I have some more issues in 2.07 that I don't remember having before:

- Sometimes when I quickload I get a split second display of the lightgem frame or side ornaments large and white in the middle of the screen. Sometimes I get white or red lines diagonal across the whole screen. Overall it seems the game continues to run for a second before loading anyway and I can't remember this being so obvious before. Sadly this happens so fast that I can't get a screenshot...

- In Melan's great Fiasco at Fauchard Screen, the compass was again white and this time it couldn't be fixed by turning soft shadows off and on again. Also the map wasn't visible in the preview modus. In Lords and Legacy several special items were white.

- In Lord Edgars Bathhouse I had some weird reflections when being under water, like the blackjack was mirrored above me. See the attached screenshots!

post-33159-0-98019700-1550615353_thumb.jpg

post-33159-0-91993400-1550615362_thumb.jpg

post-33159-0-29336600-1550615474_thumb.jpg

post-33159-0-28641600-1550615593_thumb.jpg

• Like 1