The Dark Mod Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Goldwell

Fan Mission: Shadows of Northdale ACT II - Down The Rabbit Hole by Goldwell (2019/03/20)

Finished this with all the loot & 5 out of 6 secrets, any chance of a secret list as I'd love to know what I've missed

Finished this with all the loot & 5 out of 6 secrets, any chance of a secret list as I'd love to know what I've missed

Fantastic work!

Here are the six secret locations:

1. In the starting area there is a ledge above the magical symbol on the street, you can reach this by climbing up the pipes
  2. Also in the starting area right near here there is a wooden awning above an electrical machine on the street. Jump ontop of that and open up the window there, head inside and you'll find a golden vase
  3. The secret basement area in Lord Mafford's home (you can gain access to his home via a vent system opposite the Detectives Office
  4. On the streets where the church and bear and belcher tavern are, there is what looks like a dead end with a cart and some goods. Go into there and then walk through the banner into a secret room
  5. Inside the Marigold Room in the bear and belcher you will find a maintenance room. Get inside there and look up ontop of the shelf there to find a flashbomb
  6. The final secret is in the docks area at the end. If you go down to the edge of the water and face towards the city walk up on the right hand side and you'll see a few packages and boxes. Climb up into there and there is a small cache of loot to steal

• Like 2

Thank you, looks like I missed the first one, I shall reload a save & go look ... nope I missed the 5th one, thanks again

Edited by esme
  • Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 3:12 AM, wesp5 said:

Wonderful mission! I loved the new objects popping up all over with small stories connected that made the world seem so alive. Sadly, I got the level-door-not-opening-on-desk bug and had to noclip through the bookcase! Also I think the dropping-note-for-fence objective is much too obscure. Why not make his window frobable so you can enter and actually get a hint that this is your fence's office in the first place?

I think you have the wrong mission thread bud! ;)

Somehow I have the "missing sound" beep noise when I walk over leaves or carpets. I downloaded the FM from the mirror link - are there some files missing? :(

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Just now, SeriousToni said:

Somehow I have the "missing sound" beep noise when I walk over leaves or carpets. I downloaded the FM from the mirror link - are there some files missing? :(

It sounds like there might be. 

But that is confusing because I have only ever released 1 version and it had the sound files included. 

There are custom sound files in use for footsteps. 

Perhaps try turning off the debug noise? It’s not a perfect solution but at least then you won’t hear that noise. Alternatively try downloading the file from darkfate. They have a very up to date and robust database of all missions including mine.

I see there are footstep sounds in the pk4 file included for the player. I wonder why it won't use them.. 😫 I downloaded the pk4 into the fms folder and then the game said "new mission available". Then i "installed" it. The new models and all work - but the footsounds won't for some reason. 

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

6 minutes ago, SeriousToni said:

I see there are footstep sounds in the pk4 file included for the player. I wonder why it won't use them.. 😫 I downloaded the pk4 into the fms folder and then the game said "new mission available". Then i "installed" it. The new models and all work - but the footsounds won't for some reason. 

I don’t know sorry! It was an issue during the beta that was fixed. I booted up the mission on my end and I can hear all of the footstep sounds without any beeping.