The Dark Mod Forums
Kurshok

New Company making Thief Film

A woman from Straight Up Films told me that they are no longer. asking the Thief film, and another company is now making it. They didn't say who, though, and I lost the message amongst my many in my emails and messages in my job search.

Agreed, I'll see it to believe it. Video game movies are always in a special kind of purgatory where nothing happens, and when sometime does happen you wish it didn't. How many years has the Halo movie been in the works now? How many times has the splinter cell movie changed? 

Would be weird for sure. The movie-going public likes action, violence and explosions. And Thief is the opposite of that. Or at least, it's supposed to be.

3 hours ago, kano said:

Would be weird for sure. The movie-going public likes action, violence and explosions. And Thief is the opposite of that. Or at least, it's supposed to be.

The intros have a little bit more action and violence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUxsgmJv-2c

Edited by jaxa

I can't see it happening for Thief from a proper studio. It'd be great to see a fan made Thief movie, and I think that's actually in the kind of scope where a team of fans could make it. You just need to find a neighborhood and a few interiors that look medieval enough, and have a good script, and I don't think it would take much more.

But for that matter it'd also be (/would have been) great for a team of fans to finish of the Hammerite Imperium campaign, the COSAS campaign, the T2 Gold missions, our own Crucible campaign, etc, etc. But anyway a fan made Thief movie would be cool & our best shot of seeing one IMO. 

• Like 1

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

I would love a Machinima series of Thief, made with SFM, set in the original trilogy's time or modern, but expanding on the magical nature of the world whilst also keeping the steampunk Victorian elements.