The Dark Mod Forums
joebarnin

Fan Mission: The Heart of Saint Mattis by joebarnin (2019/09/10)

22 minutes ago, Dead Rat said:

Thanks Joe, it's an enjoyable mission. Nearly finished but I can't work out

Reveal hidden contents

...what I'm supposed to do to discredit Vincent.

In the first post of this thread, there’s a section in spoiler text that provides some hints. Expand it, and expand the section within it about optional objectives. Within that you’ll find hints about Molly the cook - the hints are progressive so they don’t spoil everything at once.

Edited by joebarnin
Added spoiler

37 minutes ago, joebarnin said:

Reveal hidden contents

In the first post of this thread, there’s a section in spoiler text that provides some hints. Expand it, and expand the section within it about optional objectives. Within that you’ll find hints about Molly the cook - the hints are progressive so they don’t spoil everything at once.

Ah, ta. I should be able to work it out from there. 🙂

I'm stuck at the very end.  I'm playing the "middle" difficulty level and have completed all other objectives thanks to the hints at the start of this thread.

The final objective says to exit via the Front Gate.  None of the keys I have unlock the front gate.  Also, although I managed to take the back way between the Green Room and the door to the storage room in the sewers, I also never found a key to that door.  Is the front gate the way to exit?  Or am I supposed to exit some other way?   (Also, this problem doesn't change whether or not I cleanse the heart on the way out - it just changes the nature of the enemies I face.  😉)

- prjames

Edited by prjames

3 hours ago, prjames said:

I'm stuck at the very end.  I'm playing the "middle" difficulty level and have completed all other objectives thanks to the hints at the start of this thread.

Hide contents

The final objective says to exit via the Front Gate.  None of the keys I have unlock the front gate.  Also, although I managed to take the back way between the Green Room and the door to the storage room in the sewers, I also never found a key to that door.  Is the front gate the way to exit?  Or am I supposed to exit some other way?   (Also, this problem doesn't change whether or not I cleanse the heart on the way out - it just changes the nature of the enemies I face.  😉)

- prjames

The front gate is the way to exit. The Front Gate key is in different locations, depending on the difficulty. For 'middle' difficulty, there are two Front Gate keys available: 1) in the Guards Quarters, on top of one of the cabinets, and 2) in one of the Vestries (the one that doesn't have the clock), on the floor to the left of the desk. Either one of those keys will unlock the front gate, and then you'll be able to finish the mission.

The key to the sewer storage door is hanging on a nail in the wall, across from the locked door (not directly across, but close). It's located above a mushroom should you should be able to see it?

4 hours ago, joebarnin said:

Hide contents

The front gate is the way to exit. The Front Gate key is in different locations, depending on the difficulty. For 'middle' difficulty, there are two Front Gate keys available: 1) in the Guards Quarters, on top of one of the cabinets, and 2) in one of the Vestries (the one that doesn't have the clock), on the floor to the left of the desk. Either one of those keys will unlock the front gate, and then you'll be able to finish the mission.

The key to the sewer storage door is hanging on a nail in the wall, across from the locked door (not directly across, but close). It's located above a mushroom should you should be able to see it?

That was the information I needed; I had not seen any of those keys until you pointed out their locations.  Thank you.  Great mission!  😀

- prjames

thank you for the great mission, and the nested hints!

thanks also to the others here providing tips for those having trouble.

I never got the display case at the front open, though the note said 

Spoiler

the switch was conveniently located.

where was it?

6 hours ago, MrMunkeepants said:

thank you for the great mission, and the nested hints!

thanks also to the others here providing tips for those having trouble.

I never got the display case at the front open, though the note said 

Reveal hidden contents

the switch was conveniently located.

where was it?

Spoiler

Should be a button on the side of the desk where you read that note.