http://www.southquarter.com/tdm/fms/lhl.pk4

http://darkmod.taaaki.za.net/fms/lhl.pk4

http://fidcal.com/darkuser/missions/lhl.pk4

http://www.southquarter.com/tdm/fms/lhl.pk4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

2 hours ago, MrMunkeepants said:

the room in the library was locked until a trigger event, and now the door is unfrobbable. Is there another way in, or is this a bug? I checked outside, upstairs, the window...

Yeah, I am having the same problem. :(

@Bienie: the door in question is not frobbable anymore.

Edited by JackFarmer

2 hours ago, JackFarmer said:

Yeah, I am having the same problem. :(

@Bienie: the door in question is not frobbable anymore.

It's open right? It's intentional that it doesn't close back since I wanted to set the opening time to a slow creepy pace. It wouldn't make sense that when the player closes it it's still moving as slow.

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

Man that was a perfect mission for a stormy Halloween night. A couple moments gave me goosebumps; really liked your use of sound.

Spoiler

The gargoyle made me laugh when he moved to the top of the basement stairs. All the little things that changed throughout were very nice touches. My 7 year old was watching me play a little bit, but the first time he saw the glowing red eyes he was like "Nope, uh-uh. That's creepy!" and left the room, hahah. 

Job well done Bienie!

• Like 2

As my father used to say, "A grenade a day, keeps the enemy at bay!"

My one FM so far: Paying the Bills: 0 - Moving Day

6 hours ago, Bienie said:

It's open right? It's intentional that it doesn't close back since I wanted to set the opening time to a slow creepy pace. It wouldn't make sense that when the player closes it it's still moving as slow.

No, as in MMPs post, the door is closed and cannot be frobbed. That's the reason I cannot proceed (that is, I think so).

13 hours ago, MrMunkeepants said:

the room in the library was locked until a trigger event, and now the door is unfrobbable. Is there another way in, or is this a bug? I checked outside, upstairs, the window...

(also, the rain seems to come through the overhang above the front door)

2 hours ago, JackFarmer said:

No, as in MMPs post, the door is closed and cannot be frobbed. That's the reason I cannot proceed (that is, I think so).

Wow that is really strange, nothing I've ever seen or anything my testers have. Can you explain what happened from entering the second floor up to the point where door stopped being frobable? Did it open and then close or never open at all?

I would suggest reloading or restarting the mission, but if this is a reproducible bug I may be able to do a quick fix.

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

6 hours ago, Jedi_Wannabe said:

Man that was a perfect mission for a stormy Halloween night. A couple moments gave me goosebumps; really liked your use of sound.

Reveal hidden contents

The gargoyle made me laugh when he moved to the top of the basement stairs. All the little things that changed throughout were very nice touches. My 7 year old was watching me play a little bit, but the first time he saw the glowing red eyes he was like "Nope, uh-uh. That's creepy!" and left the room, hahah. 

Job well done Bienie!

Glad you enjoyed it! My 14 yo made it all the way through though she was creeping very slowly for most of it ? My GF could barely make it through the garden before she screamed and ran away from the computer though!

2 hours ago, peispud said:

This one surprised me. I very much enjoyed it. Thank you ?

You're welcome! In what way was it surprising?

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

7 hours ago, Bienie said:

Wow that is really strange, nothing I've ever seen or anything my testers have. Can you explain what happened from entering the second floor up to the point where door stopped being frobable? Did it open and then close or never open at all?

I would suggest reloading or restarting the mission, but if this is a reproducible bug I may be able to do a quick fix.

Entering the pibrary, the door was locked; exploring a bit, I heard a noise and there was now an AI in the hallway by the stairs down and the door was closed and unfrobbable. Maybe it close the door behind it?

I tried reloading, but there might have been a condition in the save; I will try restarting - or could just noclip through I suppose

31 minutes ago, MrMunkeepants said:

Entering the pibrary, the door was locked; exploring a bit, I heard a noise and there was now an AI in the hallway by the stairs down and the door was closed and unfrobbable. Maybe it close the door behind it?

I tried reloading, but there might have been a condition in the save; I will try restarting - or could just noclip through I suppose

Same here. i go inside the library and walk to the cupboard where the letter is, and after this back to the door then the door isn't open or frobbable...

2 hours ago, MrMunkeepants said:

Exactly.

What is the file name of those covered chairs up in the attic by the door, the ones with the white sheets draped over them? I can’t find them in DR, but haven’t opened up your map yet in DR to inspect them in your map.

As my father used to say, "A grenade a day, keeps the enemy at bay!"

My one FM so far: Paying the Bills: 0 - Moving Day

18 hours ago, Bienie said:

Glad you enjoyed it! My 14 yo made it all the way through though she was creeping very slowly for most of it ? My GF could barely make it through the garden before she screamed and ran away from the computer though!

You're welcome! In what way was it surprising?

Honesty, I loaded the mission and it looked very blocky in an old time DOS gaming kinda way, then story and building interior took over. It was a very fun and well put together mission.

• Like 1

Excellent small mission!

For some reason, it reminds me a little of Mother Rose.

The audio design and voice acting are top notch here.

If I were entitled to wish fulfillment, I would love it if:

Some scenes like torture or cannibalism were portrayed to the player via temporary overlays that flash horrific images

when the player enters an area.

I imagine that some lower-end players may balk at the outdoor performance a little.

Just over 30 FPS for me (perfectly playable) but I'm not sure how integrated graphics or older CPU's will handle it.

I'll try studying the scene when I get a chance,

I suspect that the use of model based modules is hampering visportal \ light carve optimizations in that area.

• Like 2

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

This was quite a nice Autumn surprise! Not terribly big or difficult, but well-realised, and with the plus of emotional investment. Definitely strong on mood. Many fine little details make the picture even better - I liked the subtle, unsettling little changes over the course of the mission. It was all just right.

• Like 1

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

On 11/1/2019 at 6:07 PM, MrMunkeepants said:

On 11/1/2019 at 8:59 PM, JackFarmer said:

Exactly.

That is super strange. If I do update the file I'll make sure to leave the door frobable always.

17 hours ago, Jedi_Wannabe said:

What is the file name of those covered chairs up in the attic by the door, the ones with the white sheets draped over them? I can’t find them in DR, but haven’t opened up your map yet in DR to inspect them in your map.

Those are actually custom still, even though you see them in a lot of missions. I asked Bikerdude for permission to use them but I think they're basically free to grab for mappers at this point.

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

11 hours ago, id3839315 said:

This seems to be a real horror mission. As soon as I have collected 500 loot -> TAA-DAA Mission Complete! smilie_sh_019.gif

Oh my ... how did that happen? You were able to grab 500 loot before triggering the first conversation? That happened to me during testing a couple of times, but never if I triggered the conversation at the door. Did you noclip around, or do I have another bug on my hands?

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

10 hours ago, nbohr1more said:

Excellent small mission!

For some reason, it reminds me a little of Mother Rose.

The audio design and voice acting are top notch here.

If I were entitled to wish fulfillment, I would love it if:

Reveal hidden contents

Some scenes like torture or cannibalism were portrayed to the player via temporary overlays that flash horrific images

when the player enters an area.

I imagine that some lower-end players may balk at the outdoor performance a little.

Just over 30 FPS for me (perfectly playable) but I'm not sure how integrated graphics or older CPU's will handle it.

I'll try studying the scene when I get a chance,

I suspect that the use of model based modules is hampering visportal \ light carve optimizations in that area.

Glad you enjoyed it! I would say that the mission is definitely inspired by Mother Rose but plays quite differently. The audio design was one of my priorities and I agree my GF did a good job on the voice acting.

That's a cool idea with the flashing images, though probably more complicated than it is worth in the end. I thought maybe the relative sparseness of the outdoor area would mean it would run smoothly. I'm always locked at 60 fps as my rig is still quite overkill for TDM. I guess my testers were the same way since nobody mentioned performance issues.

2 hours ago, Melan said:

This was quite a nice Autumn surprise! Not terribly big or difficult, but well-realised, and with the plus of emotional investment. Definitely strong on mood. Many fine little details make the picture even better - I liked the subtle, unsettling little changes over the course of the mission. It was all just right.

Thanks for your kind words! :)

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

On 11/2/2019 at 11:07 PM, Bienie said:

Oh my ... how did that happen? You were able to grab 500 loot before triggering the first conversation? That happened to me during testing a couple of times, but never if I triggered the conversation at the door. Did you noclip around, or do I have another bug on my hands?

I've replayed it with the first conversation. Now it worked fine.