The Dark Mod Forums

I Like A Team With A Good Concept Artist

oDDity

I was going to wirte to say that I couldn't commit to doing any characters, and I'd do some other quicker easier static mesh stuff, but that's some great character concept art Springheel has got there, and I'd love to have a go at it.

I'm currently doing half a doen characters for Nightblade - a different engine, I know, and I've never worked in the quake/doom engine, but it's all pretty much the same workflow anyway.

I take it you need a full set of animations as well? In Nightblade we're just using the default UT set with some customs ones added as needed, but I doubt you can do that with Doom.

I have some characters up here, some hgh res some low.

http://kappelmeister.tripod.com/cg/

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

I think we could definitely use some more character modellers, and your work looks fantastic.

I'm sure Fingernail will hook you up with an account with some haste. :)

I think I remember seeing you around on the ISA forums back before Thief 3 was released, that render of the Thief jumping the wall looks really familiar (and absolutely completely amazingly awesome).

I'm impressed, everyone else is impressed, and you're already a member of the team as I write this. Welcome to the team, man..hope you have fun. ;)

Ok then, it's a date. :ph34r:

I'm having problems with my internet connection ATM, and can only access from various friends computers, so don't despair if you don't hear from me in a while)

I love your work on the main thief DeepOmega, very (n)ice. Having such great concept art really helps, huh?

With Nightblade I'm just having to do all my own concepts, and they're quite derivitive and hackneyed for the most part..

If you could snag K^2 from the ion boards, it would be nice, he's knows a lot about scripting, writing shaders, plugins and all sorts of programing goodness. Pester him about it. He's also a great Thief fan.

He and I are also involved in another mod for the forthcoming Halflife 2.

I'm PM you his email Fingernail.

edit: I have doom3 (shit game) but what other tools do I need? Have they released an SDK yet?

Edited by oDDity

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

edit: I have doom3 (shit game) but what other tools do I need? Have they released an SDK yet?

I haven't played much yet. The beginning was a little boring and after hell breakes loose I hadn't much time for playing. :)

For editing and how to activate it:

http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3

Gerhard

Guest Guest_oDDity

Since DeepOmega is already working on the Thief, I'll start on the priests. I take it we're building our own custom rig and animations?

That'll be a nice change from NightBlade where I'm tied down to building my characters aroubnd the defualt UT rig and animatons.

I may be able to use some mocap from Motion Builder, but there's a limited selection.

Is there any front/side concept art of those models or just the one on show?

Since DeepOmega is already working on the Thief, I'll start on the priests. I take it we're building our own custom rig and animations?

Yes.

That'll be a nice change from NightBlade where I'm tied down to building my characters aroubnd the defualt UT rig and animatons.

I may be able to use some mocap from Motion Builder, but there's a limited selection.

Is there any front/side concept art of those models or just the one on show?

You should talk to Fingernail about that. He can give you access to the teams forums where we have the concepts and everything.

Gerhard

Since DeepOmega is already working on the Thief, I'll start on the priests

I'll PM you about this, oDDity.