The Dark Mod Forums

Necromancers

kfmccall

It's a great drawing but I don't thnk it would work. It looks like a cross between a scarecrow and a zombie. Necro's look as smart as any other mages, they're not dressed in rags.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Looks pretty good to me for an old necromancer...maybe a little too zombie-like for use in the game though. Our necro model (I assume we'll only have one) should be easily distinguishable from a zombie.

I like it personally. Comes fairly close to what I was imagining...they still need to look a little more diseased though.

Odd, if you want something to wrap your head around..since you've read the Dark Towers books, imagine they're somewhat like Rhea of the Coos. Riddled with sores, rotting skin, hair thin and stringy on their head, looks like they're just a breath away from death, but despite their appearence still have alot of vitality and pride in their stature. That should be what really seperates a Necro from a zombie, the way they move and act.

I have read all of the Dark Tower series.

I hadn't seen that necro description post before, so following that description hat's a pretty good concept.

I think you shoiuld bend them over like an old hag, and they should drag one leg like a cripple. The bones of really old people would be the first to go wonky and bent. He looks pretty healthy in that stance. They should have a permenant grinning leer with black and missing teeth.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

The faces are IMO pretty good. But I wonder why a necormance would run around like in rags. Wouldn't they be characters more guided by greed and selfesteem. So I would expect them to like like the concepts, but with a more noble clothing. After all, they spend lot of research time to help themself and not anybody else, so I would expect this to be reflected in their cloths. A high regard for themself and disregard for everybody else.

Gerhard