The Dark Mod Forums

Ghosts

Domarius

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is absolutely incorrect. Personal experience is not authoritative as far as explaining the phenomenon goes, because human perception and memory is subjective and easily led astray. The only authority that comes from experience is that fact that you believe you had the experience, not that the experience had any particular cause or even that it was as you remember.

Let me try to re-explain what I mean specifically, because I do agree with what you're saying there.

What I mean is, while everyone is trying to explain NH's experience by offering possibilities of what it could have been, no one else could possibly know everything he knows about the situation; no one knows the setup of the room, the circumstances (time, weather, what they did that day, distances, etc) like NH. For instance, say there was a pile of books in the center of the room that no one could surmise because no one knows or could know except NH unless he specifically stated it, and they just happen to cast a blue glow off their bookcovers... that type of thing. No one, except they who experience it, know a certain level of the details - anything a third person listener offers is speculation and can't be more.

"OH and I forgot to mention, I had eye surgery the day before."

That's what I mean. Otherwise there are literally a billion reasonable suggestions, when only that one was relevant. And the person who experienced it is the only person who knows.

SQA is software quality assurance. I'm not masochist enough to be a full programmer - instead I enjoy making life hard for those who are. :)

Something very strange happened to me the other day. I was at the farm standing by the old abandoned barn, when a man ran past. The next minute, a man ran past that looked exactly the same!

:o

I was so shocked I had to sign off WoW for a good 5 mins.

Something very strange happened to me the other day. I was at the farm standing by the old abandoned barn, when a man ran past. The next minute, a man ran past that looked exactly the same!

:o

I was so shocked I had to sign off WoW for a good 5 mins.

Im sorry, this is self-reported, I have to ignore you.

I'm sorry, until some third party verifies this ignoring, I'm not going to believe a word of it.

Proof of paranormal activity: Vengeful ghost kills 10 in Chinese school.

I hope you dont expect me to verify this ignoring, as I cannot trust my own self reporting of my lack of trust in the value of self reporting.

Edited by Maximius

I don't see a thing, just a hallway. Cool halway for a game, really.

May the Abyss rule!

Shadow of the Serpent Riders fan.

I don't see any fog. You must be a crazy, ectoplasm spewing medium, Sparhawk.

I saw a TV documentary about "mediums" once, and there was once case where a medium had allowed photos to be taken of her during her performance. It was plain to see that the "ectoplasm" was in fact coarse cloth, with visible weave and everything.

I don't see any fog. You must be a crazy, ectoplasm spewing medium, Sparhawk.

It's quite plain now for me, that you must be crazy and blind. The fog is as clearly there as my mothers maiden name is Thaddeus. May the lightning strike me if it is not.

You are all blind unbelievers and sceptics!!11!!1!!

Gerhard

I saw a TV documentary about "mediums" once, and there was once case where a medium had allowed photos to be taken of her during her performance. It was plain to see that the "ectoplasm" was in fact coarse cloth, with visible weave and everything.

Harrison01.gif

Dodgy kebab!

Dont forget the most important ingrediant of all, the burning desire for proof of an afterlife.

There is that, as well as the dim lighting, sound effects, group hysteria and I wouldn't be surprised if they burned some sort of hallucinogenic incense as well.

"My mom woke up in the middle of the night from feeling cold, and when she looked down at the foot of the bed, there was a man standing there. She shook my father awake and he saw it without her saying a word and said, "Who the fuck are you?" and the man simply vanished."

My mom told me a kinda same story too..

She was sleeping in the bed, when he was woken up by the creeking of the door..3 mans dark silhouette was at the end of the bed..she stared at them for some secs than they disappeared..she dont know if it was just a dream since there wasnt anybody else there at that night..it was long ago when she lived with her parents who wasnt home.

Also my dad once experienced a strange thing..he was driving home when a cloud of foggish thing went through the car.. something that didnt take the car as border..he said it wasnt like it was the ventillation system that took it in but it just flew through..

well..

if i got to connect that with something than..we(my father was driving,and i was with him on other side) had an accident some time later..one meter more or less and i am probably not here..if less than after going down some 2 meters into a ditch we would have crashed into a concrete wall with around 100km/h..some more and the car almost surely flips and spins around cause there was some tile of stone there that might have throwed the car in some unwanted direction..

I've heard alot of similar stories to this one too. Having gone to a Christian school most of my life i know some of the crazy stuff alot of people get up too. Its hard to describe what denomination the school was, being something like pentecostal/baptist; their motto was "We don't have a Religion with God; but a Relationship". Go figure, they were all completely insane, which is what drove me Catholic; at least the Catholics don't ask for 10% of my yearly earnings like those Hillsong people do. And they don't froth at the mouth and have a fit and "speak in tongues" everytime they're touched by the Holy Spirit, which was just one of the weird but funny things i've seen at the church when they have an altar call. Anyway each one of the teachers at my school and the really rabidly fanatic students all assert to have seen ghosts or demons at one point in time. Alot of them center around figures visiting them in the night while they're asleep, standing at their bed or in their room. Its hard to verify the truth or not. Often people also talk about what feels like a body or force holding them down onto their beds; which seems to have been a common theme surrounding demons. The people at school were definitely crazy; which is the scary thing, it seems to be a trend in the kind of modern christianity.

If any Australians are here, particularly the ones in Sydney; you might remember a show on SBS, John Saffran VS. God. The last episode had him visiting this guy in the states who performs exorcisms on people regurlarly; its become onoe of those cash cows the pastors are so happy about. He actually gets people in and they all sing those modern christian rock songs/hymns, then he flicks holy water on the possessed guys and beats them over the head with a bible while they scream and contort and say gibberish. Saffran had done road tests of all the religions he could find (including a voodoo ritual in Africa where they sacrificed a live chicken and poured the blood all over him) and this exorcist nut had said he was the most possessed individual he had ever seen. My favourite quote was the exorcists going "YOU'VE BEEN TO AFRICA!?!?! YOU HAVE AFRICAN DEMONS!!!!". Pretty much any religion or country on earth had a demon that could posses you; this guy could probably find possesed pets or cutlery or something crazy like that.

The really scary part about this little story was the exorcist had pictures on his wall visiting state leaders and shaking the hands of people like Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell; who he described as great leaders.

As a catholic i believe in the supernatural, or at least in an afterlife and creator of some sort; but most of what you see or hear about ghosts and demons seems to just be a load of crap. It seems a bit silly that God or the Devil would even bother to play around on the earth putting on white cloth sheets and making spooky noises. Though i can't disprove it, i still doubt it. Why would the devil possess people when they basically are already doing what he wants anyway?