The Dark Mod Forums

Happy Thanksgiving!

gleeful

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what kind of fascist laws they have in Wales, but there's never been a restriciton on drinking in N. Ireland.

You could always drink a glass of water, or even milk, at any time, day or ngjht.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

I don't know what kind of fascist laws they have in Wales, but there's never been a restriciton on drinking in N. Ireland.

Until today we were only allowed to drink pure mountain fluids under the shroud of darkness.

I'm referring to the law that came in today that allows pubs to remain open past 11pm at night. According to the Tories this will lead to all-out carnage and blood on the streets, ecetra. What are the laws regarding pub opening hours in N. Ireland?

Until today we were only allowed to drink pure mountain fluids under the shroud of darkness.

I'm referring to the law that came in today that allows pubs to remain open past 11pm at night. According to the Tories this will lead to all-out carnage and blood on the streets, ecetra. What are the laws regarding pub opening hours in N. Ireland?

I not sure, I don't drink and don't frequent pubs, nor fraternise with anyone who does.

I can't see how it matters, since people can buy alchohol in shops and drink it at home any time, or go to a nightclub.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Im celebrating Thanksgiving the way our Pilgrim Forefathers intended us to... -_-

playing video games! Woot! I cried sick, the girl went with the family to dinner, I played Team Fortress for 4 1/2 hours. When I close my eyes I see multi guns glowing like diamonds...shining diamonds....pretty......so pretty.....gotta go.... enemy incoming...

Edited by Maximius

Well, I'm happy for oDDity. There is nothing good in alcohol...

Too late to save us but try to understand

The seas were empty -- there was hunger in the land

We let the madmen write the golden rules

We were just Children of the Moon

We're lost in the middle of a hopeless world

Children, Children of the Moon watch the world go by

Children, Children of the Moon are hiding from the Sun and the Sky

© The Alan Parsons Project - Children of the Moon

That explains your surly demeanor! You should give it a go, it's fun (in moderation).

Unless you're under 18, in which case I'm some crazy man on the web trying to ply a youth with alcohol. :wacko:

Call me weird, but I pefer to be in full control of my mind and body at all times. I've never understood the appeal of delegating contol of them to drugs.

- Emil Zola

character models site

I get such guff from my Christian friends. "Alachol instantly turns you into a gurning trogladyte," they say. Nope, it enhances as much as it shuts down. I've thought of things and had discussions while on the piss that I've never have had while sober. Yes, if you drink too much you look and act like a cock, but if you've got any self-control that isn't a problem.

The smell of alcohol is enough for me...

Well, you know, that is what they always say. Just a littly of smoking, alcohol, drugs, nothing will happen. The split second - and you can't stop yourself. A little of wine, champegne may be OK, but vodka, beer - no...

[quote name='oDDity' post='48620' date='Nov 24 2005, 11:03 PM']Call me weird, but I pefer to be in full control of my mind and body at all times. I've never understood the appeal of delegating contol of them to drugs.[/quote]

You know, that's exactly the same position that I also maintain on drugs. :) I never really got it, who people can find it entertaining when they awake next morning and don't even know what they did the night before AND have to suffer headache and all kind of nasty side effects.

I mean, I also don't cut off my arm just for the fun off it. Maybe poeple would do this more often if the next day they could easily glue it back on? :wacko:

Gerhard

I thinks theres arguments for both sides. Theres negative effects but people also have positive effect s(the whole rreason people do them in the first place). I personally don't do drugs/drink but i would never try to push my choice on anyone, as the large portion of my friend do both. I think both can be good choices depending on who you are

Yeah, I have a story too. My next door neighbor died of alcohol.

Northeast, your damn PM folder is empty! :angry:

Full, I mean....

Edited by Forsaken

I get such guff from my Christian friends. "Alachol instantly turns you into a gurning trogladyte," they say. Nope, it enhances as much as it shuts down. I've thought of things and had discussions while on the piss that I've never have had while sober. Yes, if you drink too much you look and act like a cock, but if you've got any self-control that isn't a problem.

Define 'too much'.

Is that the point where to start to slur your words, the pont where to start to talk crap, the point where you can no longer maintane your balance, the point where your decision-making and judement become impaired, or the point where your liver can no longer properly filter the alcohol you're forcing through it.

Alcohol, like religion, is for the weak-minded. Acolcol. because it gives people the courage to do what they are afraid to do while sober, and religion becasue it gives them a fantasy crutch against the harsh reality of life and death.

Here's a nice long, list of the effects of alcohol on every part of your body

Just because alcohol has always been a socically accepted drug, doesn't mean it's a good thing. As well as the negative effects on the drinker's body, there's also the wide variety of social problems it causes.

There's no point saying 'it's ok in moderation', because that's not a valid argment. The simple fact is that alcohol has no good purpose, it has no laudable or redeeming features whatsoever, like nicotine, there is no good side to balance the bad side, it's all negative, and therefore there is no reason for it should be accepted.

It survives only through thst most pathetic of human traits - tradition.

Alcohol has its uses, like all drugs. In very small quantities (1 - 2 units) it actually increases reaction speeds, and may help people in social situations if they suffer anxiety.

Anything more than that and it becomes a handicap, despite what the college student drunkaholics say.

I dont' believe that, but even if 1 or 2 units does increase your reaction speed, it impairs your judgement, so the effect is negated.

You really think fighter pilots down a few cans of beer before taking off? I doubt it somehow.

- Emil Zola

character models site