The Dark Mod Forums

Springheel's Stuff

Springheel

Ok, I buy the copper texture as being copper. The bronze one though, I have my doubts. I mean it might supposed to be bronze, but doesn't look it.

Anyway, same argument stands regardless of material. Maybe even moreso if bronze. That would be one heavy ass pedestal if it is bronze, but the grain or whatever is there (there is some detail) shouldn't run across all surfaces as it does.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

• 3 weeks later...

Made a backgammon model (dice not included). I'll add a skin so the playing pieces can be removed via nodraw.

backgammon.jpg

While I was at it, I separated the pile of dirt in the wheelbarrow and tweaked it a bit as a stand-alone model. Three different sizes, could be useful for environmental purposes.

piles.jpg

Also, a drawing compass--an Inventor never leaves home without it!

compass.jpg

Thanks guys. :)

I'm not a mapper, but wouldn't it be simple enough (not to mention more flexible) to use a patch instead?

Patches are far more flexible, but a lot more work. These would be useful for just dropping in quickly.

@Springheel.

I was adding dirt and no_draw to my pots when I noticed that:

1- your skins for wheel barrows, no draw aren't showing in editor. Not sure why.

2-the wheelbarrow01 teture is whack. Not sure if it got the wrong tex on it now, or was re-uv mapped when you added dirt

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

- your skins for wheel barrows, no draw aren't showing in editor. Not sure why.

They're working ok for me. Do you mean the option isn't showing up at all, or there's just no picture in the preview window?

-the wheelbarrow01 teture is whack. Not sure if it got the wrong tex on it now, or was re-uv mapped when you added dirt

Yeah, I somehow managed to delete the previous uvmap when I added the dirt pile. Thanks for catching that. It should be fixed now.

Have you tried the skin recently? Maybe I forgot to upload it at first--all my skins have been updated today, however, so it should be there now. If it's not, something's wrong.

Here's a simple door-knocker I made from scratch, with iron and brass versions. It could probably be used as a ring-handle too.

I'm working on an ornate one as well.

knocker_simple.jpg

The iron one is great! The brass doesn't look so convincing to me... shouldn't it be a bit more shiny or something? I dunno, something just looks too "plain" about it.

The ultimate feature creep would be to turn that into a hinged AF, so it would swing when the door moved. :D Would make stealth difficult (imagine it banging around loudly whenever you opened the door) without player control over the door opening speed, though, and we really don't want to go there...

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

shouldn't it be a bit more shiny or something?

It's actually using a copper texture since we don't have a brass one. Brass would probably be shinier. But it still looks good in game for the time being.

Very nice!

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Yeah, I could do a version of the norman shield with a back pretty easily.

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted something to stick into the inventor's pocket, and so I made a couple rolled-up parchment models. One tied and one not, with a couple skins, and a large and normal size.

scrolls.jpg