The Dark Mod Forums

Springheel's Stuff

Springheel

Here's a simple pile of straw bed, for prison cells, or livestock, or whatever. I added a scattered straw decal as well to soften the edges.

strawbed.jpg

Yeah, I can put a dirty version up as well. The straw pile bed is on SVN. I made another canvas mattress with straw sticking out as well, but I couldn't connect to my server to upload the picture. Can't remember if I had time to put the second one on SVN last night or not, but if not I'll put it up tonight.

I really like the mattress vrs.

The straw piles edge is still too regular/easy to see. maybe if you put the scattered patch over the top of the whole thing, that would give a better blend, right now you have the sharp line of yellow grass, then corners that don't blend very well. I think patch on top would blend great.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

Here's the mattress.

straw_mattress.jpg

Wow, cool!

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Here's a simple pile of straw bed, for prison cells, or livestock, or whatever. I added a scattered straw decal as well to soften the edges.

I already put that in my lockpick map now. I put it on SVN later. But can you make a more dirty, rotten version as well? This one looks pretty clean for a dungeon cell. More something I would expect in a barn, than in a cell. :)

The mattress fits perfect there. :) Only thing missing is an appropriate pillow. Currently I used one of the straw rolls and made them smaller, which looks good enough.

Gerhard

I don't think pillows were standard issue for prisoners back then. Or most people, probably. :)

I've added some alphamaps to the straw bed to rough it up a bit. Still working on a dirty version.

I don't think that people would put real pillows into a cell, but a person would certainly put some straw together to have a support for the head. I think this is only natural. Especially if you have to spend a long time there.

Well, maybe not, I don't know, but when I don't get a pillow, I take whatever I find and prop it up instead. :)

Gerhard

Bring on the lynch mobs! :D

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Nice! The spiked club could work for thugs, and also maybe Pagan warriors. If AI used the pitchfork as a weapon, it might need a new set of "spear/polearm" attack animations to be used believably.

Yeah, the pitchfork is meant more as a farm prop than a weapon. The club should be able to share the hammer animations.

Here's a few more models--a broken chair and broken table, and a new square stool.

newmodels.jpg

Evidently a thug with a spiked club came and started a brawl in the tavern, breaking a bunch of furniture. Afterwards, pitchfork-wielding locals drove him out of town.

:P Seriously though, nice work.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

I'm working on some new lights atm. Here's a standing candelabra:

standing_candelabra.jpg

Only the stand casts a shadow, which should work ok when the candles are lit.

I'm working on some new lights atm. Here's a standing candelabra:

standing_candelabra.jpg

Only the stand casts a shadow, which should work ok when the candles are lit.

Oh very nice! I am running out of ideas for indoor lights that can either be extinguished, or don't look like a streetlight :)

Speaking of lights, extinguishing a gas light leaves the model still lit. How do I make it so the model goes dark when you extinguish the light, too?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

You should be able to set up a skin swap for that. I don't know how it's done but I'm sure there'll be some other light which does it. Check around...

Here is a new oil wall-lamp, three different skins. Just the wallmount and a small part of the holder cast a shadow.

oil_lamp1.jpg