The Dark Mod Forums

Springheel's Stuff

Springheel

AFAICT from the screenshots, the normal map is smoothed. The edges of the less flat models (i.e. everything except the plate) are of course a bit jagged from some angles; that's unavoidable when you're using flat polygons to approximate a rounded surface and don't want to blow out your polycount.

They look great to me. :)

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

• 1 month later...

Something new for the release map. I'd like to make a less generic texture with some more metal in it, but that's for later (it's a pulpit, btw). It has a 116 poly shadowmesh.

pulpit1.jpg

Here's an alternate version with some arches at the front. I'll upload both to SVN shortly.

pulpit2.jpg

I fixed the longbanner uvmap so that it can use any rug texture that we have. I made about seven or eight skins and more can be done in the future. Also made two wider versions. That should give us plenty of options for use in the church.

banners5.jpg

Some look better at certain sizes than others. The benefit is that any existing rug/carpet texture can now be used, so mappers don't need to make or upload new textures for variety.

Some look better at certain sizes than others. The benefit is that any existing rug/carpet texture can now be used, so mappers don't need to make or upload new textures for variety.

Ahh, yes didn't consider the different sizes.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought our torch models were getting a little repetitive, so I made a new one, torch_gothic and torch_gothic_mounted. The handle and mount cast a shadow but the ribs don't, to avoid ugly bands from the light.

torch_gothic.jpg

I thought our torch models were getting a little repetitive, so I made a new one, torch_gothic and torch_gothic_mounted. The handle and mount cast a shadow but the ribs don't, to avoid ugly bands from the light.

torch_gothic.jpg

Nice as always :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. Like the weathered look of the one on the left.

Are they moveables? (Collision model done and so forth.)

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

They have cms, but someone will need to make an entity entry for them.

Done with revision #5488.

+entityDef atdm:moveable_mug_wood_old
+{
+	   "inherit"					   "atdm:moveable_kitchen_base"
+	   "model"						 "models/darkmod/kitchen/mug_wooden01.lwo"
+	   "mass"						  "0.7"
+
+	   "snd_bounce"					"wood"
+}
+
+entityDef atdm:moveable_mug_wood
+{
+	   "inherit"					   "atdm:moveable_kitchen_base"
+	   "model"						 "models/darkmod/kitchen/mug_wooden02.lwo"
+	   "mass"						  "0.7"
+
+	   "snd_bounce"					"wood"
+}
+

I hope the 01 is the old one :) If not please tell me to swap the models.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

A few new props appropriate for peasant homes:

Two straw baskets and a straw hat, all with cms.

baskets.jpg

strawhat.jpg

A few new props appropriate for peasant homes:

Two straw baskets and a straw hat, all with cms.

Now also as moveables :)

The impact sound is likely wrong, can somebody please check?

he impact sound is likely wrong, can somebody please check?

I used tdm_collision_straw, though that probably isn't the best for the baskets in terms of sound.

I used tdm_collision_straw, though that probably isn't the best for the baskets in terms of sound.

Ah, do we have a list of existing collision sounds? And are the ones named like "impact_wood" from D3?

I used "impact_cloth" for now but it probably isn't right, either.

Now the guards of Bridgeport will receive the recommended acceptable daily intake of Omega-3 and be fitter, healthier and happier!

That's some amazing blue tinting there. Is there seriously a type of edible fish that's that blue? (not questioning your work, just expressing amazement :) )

<--- is clueless about fish