The Dark Mod Forums

Mansion Pack Model Requests

Springheel

So the plan right now is to focus on one environment so that we can get a complete map together. Our Mansion Pack is going to need some specific models. I'll list them below, you sign up for whatever you find interesting.

This will be our master list for the time being. I'll link these to appropriate reference pictures when I get a chance, and put the names of the people working on them next to them as they sign up. Items with stars beside them have already been spoken for.

update: Jan 20th (removed completed models to make navigation easier)

Character models

** - House Guard -- oDDity

** Noble Male -- alan9000 -- http://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?showtopic=344

** - Noble Female -- TYROT http://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?showtopic=362

** - Servent Male -- oDDity

** - Servant Female -- oDDity

Furniture models

** - door handle/lock -- TYROT http://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?showtopic=779 --

** - desk, large -- oDDity -- Example #1

** - 4 poster bed -- Atti -- Example #1

** - end table #1 -- Atti Example #1

- desk chair -- Example #1

** - bookshelf, wide -- Atti

** - dining table -- Atti http://www.antiquefurniture.us/antique_fur...ining_table.htm

** - fancy sofa -- Fingernail -- Example #1, Example #2 -- WIP

Loot items

** - bowl -- Atti Example

** - candlestick holder --Atti Example #1

- spectacles

Decorative items

** - chandelier -- ATTi

** - tapestry -- -- oDDity

** - ink pot and quill -- oDDity

** - hunting trophey (mounted head) -- oDDity -- http://www.alexisturner.co.uk/files/file168.jpg

** - mounted weapon/shield -- oDDity -- http://www.long-sword.com/catalog/images/wall.jpg

- potted plant #1 --

** - various small sculptures -- oDDity -- Example1Example2

Other Useful Objects (nice for added atmosphere, but not necessary)

** - hairbrush -- Atti

** - wash basin -- Fingernail

** - chamber pot -- oDDity

- door knocker -- Example

** - apple -- oDDity

** - teapot -- oDDity

** - cutlery -- Atti

New Other Objects Since our modelers are going through these like mad, here's a list of every other conceivable thing I could think of us needing in a Mansion environment:

** - Small chest (like a jewellery box) (see below) -- oDDity

** - Large chest -- (see below) -- TYROT

** - Small heating stove -- Atti and TYROT

Example

** - grandfather clock -- Atti

** - water pump -- Deep Omega Example

** - bathing tub -- Fingernail

** - bucket -- Atti

- folded towels/clothing

** - cleaver / kitchen knife -- Atti

** - loaf of bread -- Atti

** - block of cheese -- Atti

- cooking cauldron

- pig on a spit

** - cooking pot -- Atti

- small canisters (for herbs and stuff)

- hanging goose

** - beer mug -- Atti

** - ladle -- Deep Omega

** - barrel -- BlackThief

- torch bracket --

Example 1

** - single bed (for servants) -- Atti

** -- KEYS! (how did I forget?) Deep Omega and TYROT -- Individual and ring of. -- Example 1, Example 2

Edited by Springheel

Put me down for goblet, wine bottle, and stack of coins.

Why, you ask? Because I'm trying to get some damn models working in Doom, and having a hell fo a time of it. Smaller, simpler objects make a huuuge difference. The last week has been trying to troubleshoot my damn lamp model. =P

Wish me luck!

Hey, if any of you people have the photoshop normal map plugin filter, and wants to make a normal map for the top of the coin, that'd be snazzy. I've just finished the stack of coins (the normal mapping looks great), plus I got the importing working. So as soon as I have a texture map, I can give it to somebody. :)

Guys, please post your work in progress stuff elsewhere...I'd like to keep this thread just for deciding who is doing what.

• 1 month later...

I'll do the servants, 'various small sculptures', the globe, and bits and pievces of furniture. A lot of this stuff can be knocked up pretty quickly.

I'll quit work on the hammers/bots etc since we don't actually need any of that stuff at this stage, and get to work on these things.

Edited by oDDity

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Spar has done a bowl, but it's more of a cooking-style bowl. We could still use a soup-bowl.

Yeah, I have a few too...

This is a good small one:

chest3.jpg

This would be very cool for a builder/mechanist room.

chest1.jpeg

dear Team ,

my goodness..look at the chest....Goddamn it..! GRRRRRR ..

I have a PAIN in my CHEST because of THAT CHEST...ThAT chest should be MINE...MINE ....MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAHAHAHHAH MINEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I have to find a way...a way to steal that chest from oDDity but HOW ? how?...mmmm think ...think....i gotta model that....mineeeeeee mineeeeeeechest ...my chesstt......goddddddammnit..

kidding... :) You can write my name whatever you want,Springheel... I mean really i dont wanna choose..I m volunteer for every modelling...And im just waiting for Mapping and importing tutorial from oDDity .."THE CHEST ( PAIN ) MAKER"!!!

best.....no CHEST!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if there are any on the list that you have already uploaded to the ftp site (or CVS), let me know. :) I don't check them off just from the screenshot. But you guys are damn hard to keep up with. :)

TYROT, you can do the chests, I'm busy enough with getting the animations sorted out for the Builder guard.

edit: I did the small one already.

Edited by oDDity

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

to make things clear..and to avoid further duplication of models:

here is a list of things i have modeled so far:

Mansion related models:

-2 types of barrels( probably wont be used)

-4-poster bed

-2 types of beermug

-wide and tall bookshelves

-bread

-4 different slices of cheese

-bucket

-candlestick holder

-cleaver

-pot

-basic cutlery (fork,spoon,knife)

-2 types of grandfather clock

-small desk

-dining table

-cupboard

-victorian endtable

-fancy gaslight

-hairbrush(howver i am not too satisfied with that model..so if anyone would like to make another..)

-waterpump

-2 types of beds for servants

-wardrobe

-wine rack

Other stuff:

2 types of furnaces

2 types of generators

gasmine

lightgem

dear oDDity ..atti

thanks ..i was hoping to model that chests...it will be on my list..

and

Atti..you worked so much ..i wanna thank you personally ...And i appreciate for your time...and your endless energy...

And for your working times im preparing something for you...(*)

BEST

(*) soon in ftp :) (not a video tutorial about LW..something for YOU..because you won the other night..:) although you still dont know what you've won :) )

here is a list of things i have modeled so far:

Are these already uploaded? If so, I'll cross them off. But official policy is that we don't cross off models that aren't on the ftp site (or CVS). If, heaven forbid, you disappeared tomorrow, then any models you haven't uploaded would be gone. :)