The Dark Mod Forums

Tdm FM Campaign Thread *unofficial*

Slash

*sticky this plz*

Share your ideas and plans for your campaign here.

I plan to make a sort of Hammer style keeper thing. somthing crazy. with amazing detail. like a 6 mission campaign. but i dont have the time to work on it all by my self so ill have to join a team of thief fans and start out on a campaign. i hope to have the tool set soon. :)

What are the beta mappers working on. just using the tool set as it is now or are they testing stuff out but also building campaigns so that we have some thing to play while we wait for more?

Well they have the toolset and pretty much make their own maps etc. Gleeful is making a 3 mission cmpaign afaik. Anyways, Beta mappers pretty much just make their own maps etc and give us feedback on the mod (what's stuffed etc).

I plan to ride on a flying pig to the end of the rainbow and dig up a pot of gold.

Health Warning: It might be nice to daydream about campaigns but unless you're planning to put in years of work, cope with endless frustrations and end up with roughly 50% of the grand vision you started off with don't bother.

plan to make a sort of Hammer style keeper thing. somthing crazy. with amazing detail. like a 6 mission campaign. but i dont have the time to work on it all by my self

You could always join Unforseen Consequences.

Keep jumping on (instead of supporting) everyone who wants to make something with TDM and I'm sure that will do wonders for our toolset's popularity.

I wouldn't be so bitter about it ... to me they were just joking around, and even then mostly about Slash's free use of the term "official", not really about anything he was going to make per se.

Also, I think TDM's quality will largely be able to speak for itself ... It's not like the team is going to be policing what can and can't be made with it. Dromed never got a wiff of LGS support and the Editor's Guild is notorious for attacking the latest mega-projects; doesn't seem to make T2 FM-making any less popular. And even if some guys do appear to attack some projects with a roll of their eyes, sometimes mega-visions should be chastized a little to force the creators to defend them or at least think realistically about them. If Slash thinks what they said was unfair, he can try to convince them otherwise.

Anyway, this thread looks exactly like the one in the Off Topic forum, so my answer will be the same: http://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?s=&sh...indpost&p=61672

Edited by demagogue

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Keep jumping on (instead of supporting) everyone who wants to make something with TDM and I'm sure that will do wonders for our toolset's popularity.

If a campaign can't survive a light barrage of sarcastic barbs from a few jaded old grumps it will never survive 4 years of development time. The Gauntlet of Grumps simply serves to seperate the proper campaign ideas from the half-baked plans of a 13-year-old hooked up to a intravenous supply of extra-sugar Sunny D.

If it is a serious project you are right. If somebody just assume the role of 'official' spokesman, even though he didn't even bother to ask us, then I think it is ok to step down on him.

The Grudge Mod never forgives. :)

Gerhard

well realy i didnt see anything that gave a quick easy link or info on FM for your game so i thought it would be cool to have a place for upcoming projects and FM's. peoples idea's. links to there home page what so ever. realy you should add somthing on your home page for upcoming fan Campaigns. i dont know if i didnt make it clear but i didnt want to affend anyone( if i did ). just need a place to post screens storys links, so on.