The Dark Mod Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Darkness_Falls

Garden Statue W/ Solar System

I was thinking this marble/concrete statue could be used in a mansion garden. Light sparkles drip from between his fingers like sand, as solid gold orbs representing planets magically rotate around a mini-sun, like a solar system. Even little moons would rotate around the planets. I've just always been fascinated by little mechanically rotating solar system contraptions you might see on a desktop. If I were to see the below in-game, I'd probably watch it for an hour...

statue_planets2.jpg

Thanks SneaksieDave! I've been cleaning it up a bit and have a more finalized version up there now...

I could easily script a solar system if you like...

Awesome! I think you should. Instead of mirroring our own solar system with Earth in it, I think it'd be cool to make up a solar system of (y)our own, to reinforce the fact that Thief is 'other worldly.' Unless, that is, everyone else thinks Thief takes place on Earth... ?

Now there's just the small task of modelling the thing.

Easy, for some. oDDity? ;) He cranked out "The David" in a couple weeks. Surely this is nothing for him...