The Dark Mod Forums

Wanna Logo?

Renzatic

It was a nice diversion from working on textures, and it let me play with the text editor in 3DSMax.

For those of you that want the glowy Thiefy look..

darkmod_logo.jpg

And for those of you that like it simple

darkmod_logo2.jpg

I really went haywire with the filters in Photoshop, didn't I? Should've added a lens flair while I was at it. ;)

Edit: Oh yeah, thanks go out to Riddler and his font package for the E.

Edited by Renzatic

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

banner03_small4.jpg

That's probably the size it needs to be to fit as a banner. It keeps the detail pretty well even sized down, but the text suffers even with BT's tweak.

Actually, BT...I might try and hit you up on AIM or MSN one day and see if you can teach me some Photoshop tricks if that's alright with you.

Hey, if it'll help you out a bit I'll go ahead and upload the logo and banner templates I used.

You can grab the logo here

And the Thief banner

here

At the very least the logo will help you out if we decide to make it official...tweak it to your hearts content.

Edited by Renzatic

Actually, BT...I might try and hit you up on AIM or MSN one day and see if you can teach me some Photoshop tricks if that's alright with you.

well I don't think, that I'd be able to teach you anything about PS - first of all, cauze I'm German and so I'm using a german version of Photoshop. I'd be really hard for me to explain anything technical in english...

Hey, if it'll help you out a bit I'll go ahead and upload the logo and banner templates I used.

It would be great if you can upload the building in the background, too :)

Is the official Thief font or something? I find some of the letters really don't seem to go well together, and the smaller ones are almost impossible to read. I like the tagline though.

The face isn't my favourite part. I have some small experience with banners...can we hold off posting it for a day or two to tweak a few new versions?

Edited by Springheel

I object.

First of all, it's poorly rendered. I can see the lines of blur.

That's not an official thief font.

Secondly, I know that the face isn't OUR original work.

Where did you steal the face from?

Did you get permission from original artist person to use it?

You'll all get sued.

How's bout me or Springheel make us a better logo?

He can do the shape and I can do the colors, or we can submit our ideas.

Edited by Alexius
empiread3b2.png

I object.

First of all, it's poorly rendered. I can see the lines of blur.

Secondly, I know that the face isn't OUR original work.

Where did you steal the face from?

Did you get permission from original artist person to use it?

You'll all get sued.

How's bout me or Springheel make us a better logo?

He can do the shape and I can do the colors, or we can submit our ideas.

I doubt very seriously that we'll be sued over it. From what I can gather, since I grabbed it from a 3rd party source (google imaged it, first pic that comes up when you queary Thief which is off another messageboard), didn't slap a "copywrited by Renzatic" on it and only used a small portion of the actual picture it falls under fair use laws. As long as we don't claim authorship, we're safe.

lol, and that's a the blur line...that's the guy's hood you're seeing. ;)

I was pretty anal about getting rid of any obvious editing marks since I basically did this for practice and wanted to get it right. The only way you can tell where I cut and copied is if you up the gamma a good ways.

Edited by Renzatic

Updated the drawing with a noble and a balcony.

All's left is to draw the thief in there somewhere.

I am thinking, behind the noble with a raised dagger/sword glittering in the dark.

Springheel, can ya give me a hand with a small thief sketch for this?

Edited by Alexius
empiread3b2.png