The Dark Mod Forums

Have Beta Mappers Downloaded Darkradiant Yet?

• 4 weeks later...

i wish i could mix and match iterface thingies....i wish i could have a DARKRADIAN that was basicaly a DOOMedit that had none of the doom3 assets.

i like drawing a brush and then right clicking on it and making it into whatever i want . func_static func_door, trigger_relay, target_lock

poof there it is.

plus where is the the MEDIA button on the inspector thingy...

drawing brushes is intuitive in dooomedit i am starting to get a good work flow...

i wish i could mix and match iterface thingies....i wish i could have a DARKRADIAN that was basicaly a DOOMedit that had none of the doom3 assets.

i like drawing a brush and then right clicking on it and making it into whatever i want . func_static func_door, trigger_relay, target_lock

poof there it is.

Are you saying that you can't do this in Dark Radiant? You can. Just right click on the brush/ choose 'add entity'/ and then choose the entity you want from the list. Dark Radiant's menu is cleaned up considerabley from Doom3ED.

plus where is the the MEDIA button on the inspector thingy...

DarkRadiant doesn't have a 'media' browser yet, but it will eventually. If you read over the information about DarkRadiant in the forum, you'll see that it is based on the open source GTK Radiant editor. It's similar, but not quite the same as doom3ED. We have 3 guys working on it now, so we should hopefully start to see things pick up in development. :)

How does the right click work?

When working form the orthographic view and right clicking on a selected brush(in DOOM EDIT) you click on whatever you want that brush to become. and poof it is there.

in the radiant version right click in the same way and sometimes nothing happens.

Do I change a brush to an entity or does it create entities wherever I right click. it doesn’t seam to work so smoothly.

Maybe it is just me but when I try to use darkradiant it doesn’t live up to the smoothness of doom edit.

If right click menu is what it is… and is not going to change then the entity inspector should have a CREAT button like doomedit has.

so that when i select a newly created brush and scroll through the menu then once i chose what I want that brush to become I simply press the CREATE button. Poof there in the place of the brush it the entity.

If the radiant already does this how does it? And why is it not the same as doomedit?

So what do you all think on the subject.

Do I change a brush to an entity or does it create entities wherever I right click. it doesn’t seam to work so smoothly.

Both. You can select a single brush, right click, "Create Entity", then select the desired entity and choose "Add", to turn the selected brush into an entity. Alternatively you can do that same but with no brush selected, and the entity will be created where you right-clicked.

This is in fact the same behaviour as DoomEdit, it just adds an extra dialog between creating the brush and selecting the entity. This allows "Add model" and "Add light" to be given more prominence, as well as avoiding the problem associated with a huge and ever-expanding context menu.

• 1 month later...

Yes, the day I was made beta lol... and loving it, and working on a map. :)

Ven

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/