The Dark Mod Forums

TDM - What Are You Working On?

Mr Mike

Well it's pretty much dead in here for what ever reason so I thought maybe it'd be nice to have a discussion of what people are working on. Be it a campaign or just something cool you've created in Doomedit...

I don't really have anything to show you guys right now. Only just started using the editor in the last few days and scanning through some Natural Trust books I've aquired to get some inspiration for architecture. Messing with various arrchways and structures... maybe I'll take some shots in the week :)

So, what are you guys planning?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's pretty much dead in here for what ever reason so I thought maybe it'd be nice to have a discussion of what people are working on. Be it a campaign or just something cool you've created in Doomedit...

I don't really have anything to show you guys right now. Only just started using the editor in the last few days and scanning through some Natural Trust books I've aquired to get some inspiration for architecture. Messing with various arrchways and structures... maybe I'll take some shots in the week :)

So, what are you guys planning?

It's dead on the outside but it's a totally different story on the inside B) I'd rather not give anything away so I'll just say the wait will be worth it x 10 ;)

Heh, I wasn't too clear in my first post really.

What i mean was, we know you guys are busy doing what you do, a search on the doom3world forums gives quite a few clues to how things are going ;) I was merely appealing to non group members who are interested in using the tools upon release... to hear their ideas :)

• 2 months later...

So just that you know I've not been sitting around doing nothing, I'll show you some of my work (which did, in fact, involve a lot of Sitting Around but not much of Doing Nothing)

More architecture

holywater1ym0.th.jpg holywater2ao2.th.jpg room1ll4.th.jpg room2ru9.th.jpg

some new textures

texturesar4.th.jpg

a light emitting gemstone

gemstoneau7.th.jpg

and a new skull

skullck2.th.jpg

which took me the last 4 weeks :rolleyes: . I'm currently working on his teeth...

I'm longing for a nostalgic Thief experience again. Everything looks superb, and I've recently ventured into the screenshots section and stumbled across some alluring map screen shots. From what I can gather, they really seem to capture the mood in a perfection that I did not expect.

Out of curiousity, will The Dark Mod feature the atmospheric "entrance noise" that is played when the player enters a mission, or at least something very similar to it? Or will the map makers need to enable this themselves? It really sets the mood.

Out of curiousity, will The Dark Mod feature the atmospheric "entrance noise" that is played when the player enters a mission, or at least something very similar to it? Or will the map makers need to enable this themselves? It really sets the mood.

Of course :)

Here are my first attempts. For the moment I learn how Darkradiant manages the architecture and the lights. It's my first step with this editor. Do not look at excess near the textures alignment or the lighting effect, I still have things about them to learn.

I would like to make a mini mission to understand how the editor works with the AIs, Objectives, triggers possibility, etc.

In fact what you're seeing is is my base of test :)

doom3200610311848311rb8.th.jpgdoom3200611031641217xz8.th.jpgdoom3200611031731105up5.th.jpgdoom3200611031733224xx6.th.jpgdoom3200611031804003bb0.th.jpg

doom3200611031818573ew3.th.jpgdoom3200611031810289sn0.th.jpgdoom3200611031809366jr6.th.jpg

There were only three shots while I was writing my post, so it's nice surprise to see them more. :)

I just want to add, that I like your screenshots, cause you treat them like photography - you think about composition and light while taking them. F.e. that one with guard and chair in the foreground.