The Dark Mod Forums

Modifications In Doom3.game

For ambient sounds (that can be heard all around the level) the s_global key has to be set to 1, but the key definition is missing in doom3.game:

<property name="s_global" type="boolean" />

What's the policy here - should all keys be added to this file as development and testing proceeds or are there other plans regarding this file?

There are several other keys that would be required (for the ingame readables for example), but it may be possible that the Entity Inspector would be flooded with all kinds of optional values that only apply to certain entities.

No, just add anything you need. I reserve the right to change the format or add additional information, but theoretically that file should contain the complete list of keys that are used anywhere.

I intend to add code at some point to select categories based on the model type, so the AI keys won't be visible on Lights and vice versa. This should cut down on the clutter somewhat.

Ok, should I post all the missing key definitions here or should I send you the doom3.game file every now and then? Or is it possible to set SVN permissions so that I'm able to commit just this one single file?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• Petike the Taffer  »  DeTeEff

I've updated the articles for your FMs and your author category at the wiki. Your newer nickname (DeTeEff) now comes first, and the one in parentheses is your older nickname (Fieldmedic). Just to avoid confusing people who played your FMs years ago and remember your older nickname. I've added a wiki article for your latest FM, Who Watches the Watcher?, as part of my current updating efforts. Unless I overlooked something, you have five different FMs so far.
      · 0 replies
    • Petike the Taffer

I've finally managed to log in to The Dark Mod Wiki. I'm back in the saddle and before the holidays start in full, I'll be adding a few new FM articles and doing other updates. Written in Stone is already done.
      · 4 replies
    • nbohr1more

TDM 15th Anniversary Contest is now active! Please declare your participation: https://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?/topic/22413-the-dark-mod-15th-anniversary-contest-entry-thread/

· 0 replies
    • JackFarmer

@TheUnbeholden
      You cannot receive PMs. Could you please be so kind and check your mailbox if it is full (or maybe you switched off the function)?
      · 1 reply
    • OrbWeaver

I like the new frob highlight but it would nice if it was less "flickery" while moving over objects (especially barred metal doors).
      · 4 replies