The Dark Mod Forums

Moddb / Addondb

Denny

To start with I've looked through some new threads and I saw that you guys still seem to get low amount of feedback from users wanting to help and what not. Mostly texture and such. I came to think about Moddb and that you guys have a profile over there. I know that there ain't much more you guys can do on Moddb if you don't have anything to update with. I checked out your Moddb profile and as I see on it, it gives the feeling of "zombie mode", I mean. Dead but still not dead.

I think a rehash of the whole profile, help wanted and news would be nice. Last update was a month ago but I don't see much difference. Maybe a news update that sums up everything that has happened officially so far would be good, explaining the whole situation so people might get interest to join your cause.

But then Moddb wasn't the only reason why I decided to make a post on the forums. It seems not too long ago the people behind Moddb decided to launch Addondb, a similar site to Moddb but focused on content brought by mappers and such. Making it possible to exhibit your own maps, custom models etc. Wouldn't this be a good way of giving The Dark Mod more publicity? What I've noticed a bunch of people has already got their hands on beta mapping kits for TDM and some are trying to get it as well. Why not inspire these people to showcase their maps on addondb, adding to the possibility that more will open their eyes to TDM? The only thing I'm not sure of is that if you must upload a map to showcase it at all, but I really doubt that.

It's just a thought I had and it doesn't seem that much of a bad idea. Keep up the good work people. :ph34r:

I checked out your Moddb profile and as I see on it, it gives the feeling of "zombie mode", I mean. Dead but still not dead.

Moddb is annoying to update. All I do there is post a new picture once in a while so casual viewers can see that we're still around. Anyone who is seriously interested in the mod would be checking the website, which is updated every month or so, or the forums.

I checked out your Moddb profile and as I see on it, it gives the feeling of "zombie mode", I mean. Dead but still not dead.

As Spring just said, our website is the place to come for up to date information. We're far from dead, and far from Zombie mode. :) We're just working steadily towards our goals, and seeing some great progress.

Moddb is like DeviantArt. Some people prefer one site to give all updates needed instead of browsing the webpage of well over 200 mods in their watch.

Also it's a good place to show people who don't know about TDM's existance. Some people won't find out about it unless they read the news on the front page of the site.

Anyway, my post was more about Addondb and I hope I get more response about that. :)

P.s.

It's a difference in what state something is in and what it appears as. I know pretty well that TDM is not near dead from inactivity but the moddb-profile gives the feeling of otherwise.

Edited by Denny

As I said in my first post. Even if you did update your Moddb-profile a month ago it still doesn't feel like it was. (the last update date ain't the first thing people check)

Even if I know Moddb ain't the funniest place to hang out, and you guys have other matters on your hands, I still think some activity over there wouldn't hurt. ;)

Edited by Denny

Addondb is concentrated solely on the single work made by mappers, modellers and such while moddb is concentrated on whole projects (modifications). So if you're a mapper you can release your maps separately as a submition at Addondb, this isn't possible at moddb.

Cheers~