The Dark Mod Forums

Yet Another Thread Closed At Ttlg

ascottk

I guess there will always be haters. It's a shame that when TDS was in development, and looking great, all fans were drooling at the mouth. Now with TDM in development, and looking even better, a large percent still choose to turn their eyes in hostility, I guess out of some fool notion of "loyalty to the original," as if they can't coexist.

...Even though once it's out everything from the game to the source will be their own to do with as they please.

It makes zero sense. :wacko:

Ah well, more and more talent is looking in this direction. With continued time, hopefully eyes will keep opening.

All you're doing is building up a whole group of people who will be bursting at the seams to find fault with TDM as soon as it's released - and be very vocal about it, with plenty of 'I told you so's'

Quoted for truth.

I think it's about time we realized that over all the negative discussions about TDM vs TDS we STILL have not been banned from TTLG. Poor old Komag was banned for linking to his stuff on ebay, and we've participated in several flame wars and yet not been suspended nor banned (save Spar, but that was for "double-posting" which was a stupid reson to suspend him). I think it's obvious that the only reson for that is because the mods over at TTLG actually DO like TDM, so I guess we should show a little more restraint imo.

Whatever, I just hate seeing those threads where the whole team argues to death over TDM being better then TDS - we must keep in mind that we know that because we can play it and use it, while everyone else does not.

Actually I didn't argue that TDM is better, I argued why TDS was crap. Which is completely different.

LOL, fair enough. But still we should keep in mind that anything said by us against TDS will seem to TTLG-ers as "promoting" TDM etc. I know that that's "their" problem but do remember why we are making this mod.

I haven't been to TTLG is so long. For some reason it's just discouraging and I don't feel I can really entertain my thief knowledge there as I once could, or even expand my views about the game. In general, I feel like that expansive world shrinks in many of those discussions. After seeing the same ones popping up, I kind of just grew out of it.

Yeah. That's right. Even though I frequent TTLG quite often, I don't really read many threads anymore. Most of it is always the same and doesn't offer anything new. I usully frequent TTLG mostly out of boredome when I wait for D3 to load, or I have nothing better to do. Not because I really expect something interesting to pop up. It's more of a habit than anything else. :)

Gerhard

The easy way to break a forum visiting habit is to remove it from your bookmarks, and remove the cookies. That way, every timeyou want to post there you have to go to type in the url of TTLG main page, browse to the thief forums and login.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

It's not such a bad habit that I need to permanently break it on purpose. But I think in the long run it will die out by itself, as it doesn't offer so much anymore. We will see what happens when TDM is finished. Either it will be integrated, in which case it will be ok, or the TDM base will center around here, which also would be fine for me.

Gerhard

I still can't fathom how anyone could think the TDS animations are more natural looking than D3.... :huh:

I think in most forums you could go in and state that poo comes out of butts and someone would reply by calling you a name as the complete basis of their argument. Any response of rationalization on your part would be met with repeat insults.

Its very frustrating to try and co-exist with certain types of individuals.

Personally I loved TDS but fully admit it had its flaws (thinking about what it COULD have been is hard). I can't stand environments where people can't discuss their differences without hostility.