The Dark Mod Forums

Darkradiant Newbie Questions

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I extended the FilterSystem a bit and updated the "Select *" operators to consider the filter status of the Instances. Additionally, I added a default filter for Brushes.

I also changed the PatchInstance and BrushInstance to check the filter status of the base class before doing rendering or selection tests, so this should be a bit more consistent now. It's possibly that I didn't catch some cases, but I'm positive that our Beta Mappers will find these bugs.

Greebo, the selection process with func_statics isn't with 'select touching' etc but when you 'invert' the selection - the func_statics remain selected, and any new ones become selected.

Also, with the latest snapshot I get a crash upon starting DR. I'm redownloading to try again.

I just created a func_static out of a single brush, duplicated the func_static and tested the "invert selection" command several times - works fine for me. Can you send me a testmap where this occurs?

Fixed. Func_static children don't need to be traversed if the parent AABB test has already been successful.

Unfortunately I found another problem with undoing transformations of lights, maybe this is due to some changes I made earlier today, I'll have to check that. That's why I rather want to wait before uploading a new snapshot.

Ok, I could fix the other bug as well (had in fact been introduced over a month ago and is also contained in the 0.9.1 release), it was caused by Entity Key/Values not properly removed on Undo operations, but only if new spawnargs were added in the meantime.

The new snapshot is up in a few minutes.

• 4 weeks later...

This material is too complicated for Dark Radiant:

tdm_tombstone_grey_1
{
stone

{
blend		diffusemap	
map		models/darkmod/props/textures/gravestone_grey_d
scale		0.25, 0.25
scroll		0.75, 0
}

bumpmap		addnormals(models/darkmod/props/textures/tombstone_grey_local.tga, heightmap (models/darkmod/props/textures/inscriptions_01.tga, 12))

{
blend	filter
map		models/darkmod/props/textures/inscriptions_01.tga
}
}

Are there any chances of getting it read it properly? It shows only diffuse map, but without scaling and scrolling, what doesn't look as it should... Otherwise I would have to make editor image for each combination of tombstone and inscriptions... :o

It's a long-term goal to support all these shader expressions, yes. But it's not that easy to code it and some expressions are probably not compatible with the editor's renderengine (imagine animated textures with timetables or such). The scale and scroll keywords with constant arguments, like the one you posted, should be feasible though.

That's fine. And what about filter stages? Or those normal maps operations? Actually that filter stage would do, I'd say...

For the time being I will go for some editor images placeholders.

The mapexpressions like addnormals() should now work, thanks to Mohij's changes. Filter stages (or any other material stages than diffuse/bump/specular) are not yet supported, and are part of the long term goal Greebo mentioned.

The mapexpressions like addnormals() should now work, thanks to Mohij's changes.

Wow! I suppose they must be included in latest snapshot then. (I'm using DR 0.9.1 currently).