The Dark Mod Forums

Thief Mod For Dark Messiah Of Might And Magic

kohan69

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic is like a mix between Thief 3, Diablo and Oblivion.

You can upgrade your skills to become stealthy and such. :ph34r:

First part of my mod is extremely simple: thieverizing the controls (waxds, instead of wasd)

Second part would be adding the blackjack (when Lvl 3 stealth acquiered)

and adding the lightgem :D

and with the extensive moddability of the source engine, many user-created missions will be possible :wub:

This by no way is meant to compete with the darkmod ofcourse, but I always preferred source over doom3

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic is like a mix between Thief 3, Diablo and Oblivion.

You can upgrade your skills to become stealthy and such. :ph34r:

First part of my mod is extremely simple: thieverizing the controls (waxds, instead of wasd)

Second part would be adding the blackjack (when Lvl 3 stealth acquiered)

and adding the lightgem :D

and with the extensive moddability of the source engine, many user-created missions will be possible :wub:

This by no way is meant to compete with the darkmod ofcourse, but I always preferred source over doom3

Well everyone has a right to their preferences :)

I personally dislike the source engine (for thief-like games that is) due to it's bad night lighting. It has excellent outdoor daytime environments but not very good nights.

I have'nt seen how editable the source SDK is, but D3 is becoming open-source in about 2 years.

I agree with you, and the fact that Doom3 will be open source being a definite advantage is beyond the question.

I just find that SourceSDK is more user-friendly and overall more easy to master.

Update on mod:

To reverse the stealth indicator (all white circle = most visible, no white on crosshair = most stealthy)

do the following

create a textfile in your ...\Dark Messiah of Might and Magic\mm\cfg folder called myset.cfg

add the following line to it:

mm_hud_stealth_reversed 1

save it as myset.cfg (NOT myset.cfg.txt!!)

edit/add a desktop shortcur of your game, edit it (right click, properties)

change the target to:

"....wherever it's installed.......\Dark Messiah of Might and Magic\mm.exe" +exec myset.cfg

The WAXDS scheme is impractical since strafing (A, D) makes noise. So while S may be sneak, A and D will be making regualr noise unless sneak shift is on.

If you still would like, change your config.cfg file to:

First make sure these keys are unbound!

bind "s" "+forward;+speed"

bind "a" "+moveleft;-speed"

bind "d" "+moveright;-speed"

bind "x" "+back;-speed"

bind "w" "+forward;-speed"

+speed means sneak, so if you always wan to sneak on strafing change them to

bind "a" "+moveleft;+speed"

bind "d" "+moveright;+speed"

The -speed is required because if the settings are just

bind "s" "+forward;+speed"

bind "a" "+moveleft"

bind "d" "+moveright"

bind "x" "+back"

bind "w" "+forward"

Then after pressing s, the player will always sneak, and sprint won't work.

Edited by kohan69

• 1 month later...

Here's list of things to Thieverize

Slight spoiler warning (item, weapons, nothing about plot though)

NPC slip on Oil jars (like ice-arrow)

NPC should NOT know location of player if hit by projectile or charmed, add a "searching" algorithm to ai script.

NPCs should NOT see a corpse if the player's light meter in the corpse's location = 0

Flies should not arrvie 5 seconds after NPC is killed

If health=full no use food/potion

Disable the message "Congrrts discovered secret area", or at least kill that chime. I get it every 5-10 minutes

Add blackjack, blackjacking and sleeping behavior to NPC

Change the hud system!

add lightgem,

weapon/items/spells assigned to ANY key, not just 1-9

Add mission statistics

Add currency system for weapons and items.

Add "shops" in strategic parts of game or beginning of level/map (good use of loading screen) give player ability to buy/sell/trade weapons and items (except quest-specific items or spells)

Edit: (How could I forget?!) Water arrows (kill torches, fires)

and fire arrows or fire-attack should light torches or extinguished fires/corpses.

Edited by kohan69

Why are you posting this here?

No one cares. That's why this thread didn't have a reply between November and now.

Yo obviously cant understand that subtle hint, so I may as well just say it straight.

You remind me of that guy who used to come here and posting his drawings of soldiers and tanks.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site