The Dark Mod Forums

Hey Guys I Have A Problem...

AluminumHaste

My computer started going bonkers, like svhost crashing and taking out my soundcard after about 5 minutes of loading into windows. I did everything I could to find the problem but I wasn't able to. :(

So I decided it was time for a format anyways, so I backed up everything I needed (or thought I did) then formatted.

Big mistake, I backed up my textures that I made (500+ megs) and everything else, but I totally forgot to look in my doom3 folder and also the mod files in C:\

So yeah I formatted and actually did a full format (not quick), which I think zero's the drive. So I reinstall windows and I'm installing stuff and I'm looking on my backup cd's and I can't find my mod files anywhere :(

AAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, so now I have to restart this damn flashbomb again!!! I was so close to finishing it last time. Oh well I had to restart it anyways, as I was getting the game crash bug again.

I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still here but I've been busy fixing these bugs and loading stuff on my computer. I'm still working on this thing so don't get to mad at me please. Besides, I had to restart the mod anyways to get it to work with the darkmod. So maybe this wasn't such a bad thing, but it sure as hell annoys me!!!

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Ah, damn. That's always annoying.

Still, it is quicker to implement things the second time!

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Yeah, my new version of IE got compromised somehow (thanks a lot MS) so that it keeps trying to send to some ad site. I blocked it on the firewall but it still defocuses the window every 30 seconds which is very iritating.

Use Firefox. If firefox gets fupped with virii you can reinstall it, while if IE gets fupped with virii, there goes explorer.exe too.

Try HijackThis, you might have a browser hijacker, which is a form of malware. They are annoying but I've only ever had it happen to me once (with IE).

On another note, I've just got the dark mod reinstalled and I think everything is working so I'll hopefully be able to get started on redoing things.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

I need IE from time to time for certain work-related sites that they only bother to design for IE. I'm not running adaware, but am running spybot S&D and zone labs firewall. I'll try HijackThis, thanks, altho I'll probably just reinstall if I need to use IE again. Oddly enough if I launch IE thru the regular windows explorer, the malware doesn't kick in.