The Dark Mod Forums

Darkradiant Bugtracker

To post this here as well: the Mantis Bugtracker is open and can be accessed through http://bugs.angua.at now. Consider this a test run for this software to see if it fits our purposes.

I also changed the layout and the colours a bit, hopefully it's a more pleasant look now.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wondered about that one too. Perhaps acknowledged does mean that the developer are willing to work on the issue, in contrast to confirmed, which would mean that the existence of the bug is proven?

I can host it as long the traffic volume does not exceed my limit of 2 GB. This should not be a problem as long as we internally use it. So, yes :). If we ever approach the bandwidth limit, I can either upgrade the hosting (which would cost me a few Euros a month more, but I wouldn't care), or look after some other hosting, maybe modetwo.net or something else.

I can also setup this thing for the Dark Mod itself (then I would also change the banner), or I could setup you as Administrator as well, so you can play around with the settings. There are several Projects supported and even Subprojects plus Categories, so I think it would be suitable.

I hope so. It would be interesting how much of a bandwidth hit this forum is for modetwo.net. There are at least a couple of people here most of the day, and google is visiting daily, so I estimate this forum to produce some traffic around 2-3 GB a month.

I wondered about that one too. Perhaps acknowledged does mean that the developer are willing to work on the issue, in contrast to confirmed, which would mean that the existence of the bug is proven?

Yes, I think that is probably right. A bug goes from New to Acknowledged when a developer has seen the report and starts looking into it, and then to Confirmed when the existence of the bug has been detected (but is not currently being fixed). It would then go into Assigned when a developer was actually working on the problem.

As long as people don't start to stream videos as reports, it should be quite fine. Considering our current bug report forum, it should give a rough estimation. Even less to some extent, because the discussion would still go on here and the bugtracker only receives the first post, as this is the actual report. Maybe a few updates, but I doubt that it would really generate a lot of traffic.

Gerhard

Me neither, and this is frickin' annoying.

The site never had much downtime and I always was happy with it, but this is already the second outage (yesterday evening and now). If it doesn't get better till tomorrow I will contact my ISP to get it sorted out.

I don't expect that it will be working till tomorrow morning, though. :(

If everything goes bad, we'll have to look for some other hosting, but I'll try to stay optimistic...

Really, can you still add issues? There is no max user count that I know of.

Maybe this is a backbone problem, but in principal the internet is designed to work around such network outages. The server is located somewhere in Germany, I think, and Orbweaver is connecting from the UK, whereas I'm trying to reach it from Austria.

Strange.

This is resolved now. Sort of, to be precise, because this appears to be caused by a bug in MySQL that has recently been fixed (in version 4.1.22, but the server is running 4.1.21 :)). The workaround has already been posted on the Mantis website.

I contacted my ISP about the recent outages, and they told me that the issue should be resolved. According to them it was a problem with some "international carrier" that most of the Austrian providers use for the traffic to Germany. Let's hope the problem is gone now. :)

Don't know yet, I'll have to look through the logs, as my web-based traffic tool seems to list outdated statistics, but I assume that it's ok. :)

I will drop a message as soon as it's getting out of hand.