The Dark Mod Forums

New Release: Darkradiant 0.8.0

DarkRadiant 0.8.0 is available here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=161727

(Previous Sendmefile links: Installer ZIP)

New features

* Draggable projected lights (like DoomEdit)

* Light Inspector dialog, allows easy switching between pointlight and projected light status, selection of colour and texture and various options:

screenshotlightpropertime8.th.png

* Vastly improved patch texturing, textures can now be copied from brushes to patches while maintaining their alignment (crucial for archways etc.), plus an entirely new "Natural" texture projection which makes the texture follow the curve of the patch without stretching or distortion.

projectedzm6.th.png

* Generic skin chooser for models, allows ascottk's excellent "gen" skin set to be applied to appropriate models. Accessed through the "skin" property in the Entity Inspector.

screenshotchooseskinap0.th.png

* Entities can now be arranged in a hierarchical tree, based on a keyvalue set in the DEF file.

screenshotcreateentityni3.th.png

* Configurable keyboard shortcuts (Help -> Shortcuts list)

* Multiple XY views can be created, for flexibility of layout.

Bugfixes

* Fixed disappearing geometry in large maps.

* Fixed failure to load many of the texture due to invalid mtr parsing.

* Fixed bug with save code causing leaks in certain maps when reopened in DoomEdit.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I think we are more than ready for 0.9.0 now, assuming the S/R editor is more or less finished (which it sounds like it is). I will have a look at this later -- I guess there are some extra DLLs and stuff which need to be included, since we are using a more recent GTK version?

I have compiled the latest version and used the DLLs from your package, but for me the tabs on the Group Dialog are the wrong way up (they are outlined as if they were at the top, but they are positioned at the bottom). I can fix this by editing etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc and commenting out the "engine wimp" declaration, which disables the "fake Windows XP" look and reverts to a more traditional appearance.

Personally I prefer this to the fake XP engine, and would be in favour of deploying it as the default. What do you think?

Btw: We shouldn't forget to have a look at the "ToDo before next release" issue on the bugtracker.

I also added a GTK+ version output to the logfile.

edit: No, sourceforge is down currently, I'll have to wait before I can commit this.

I never saw the other style, but I think I'd prefer the tabs at the bottom too.

The tabs have always been at the bottom, it is just they are rendered as if they were at the top (i.e. the outline goes up and over the top, and they are not connected to the pane properly).

I have created a "hybrid" style which uses standard GTK plus XP buttons and toolbars. You can test it by copying this into your gtkrc:

gtk-icon-sizes = "gtk-menu=13,13:gtk-small-toolbar=16,16:gtk-large-toolbar=24,24:gtk-dnd=32,32"
gtk-toolbar-icon-size = small-toolbar

# disable images in buttons. i've only seen ugly delphi apps use this feature.
gtk-button-images = 1

# enable/disable images in menus. most "stock" microsoft apps don't use these, except sparingly.
# the office apps use them heavily, though.
gtk-menu-images = 1

# use the win32 button ordering instead of the GNOME HIG one, where applicable
gtk-alternative-button-order = 1

style "msw-default"
{
 GtkWidget::interior-focus = 1
 GtkOptionMenu::indicator-size = { 9, 5 }
 GtkOptionMenu::indicator-spacing = { 7, 5, 2, 2 }
 GtkSpinButton::shadow-type = in

# Owen and I disagree that these should be themable
 #GtkUIManager::add-tearoffs = 0
 #GtkComboBox::add-tearoffs = 0

GtkComboBox::appears-as-list = 1
 GtkComboBox::focus-on-click = 0

GOComboBox::add_tearoffs = 0

GtkTreeView::allow-rules = 0
 GtkTreeView::expander-size = 12
 GtkTreeView::vertical-separator = 0

GtkExpander::expander-size = 12

GtkScrolledWindow::scrollbar_spacing = 1

GtkSeparatorMenuItem::horizontal-padding = 2

}

style "use-wimp" = "msw-default" {
engine "wimp" { }
}

class "*" style "msw-default"
class "GtkButton" style "use-wimp"
class "GtkScrollbar" style "use-wimp"
class "GtkToolbar" style "use-wimp"

Hm, this doesn't look too good on my end. the colours are mixed light and dark grey (it should be all dark grey according to my desktop theme). And the menubar test is barely readable when highlighted:

hybridstyleiv7.th.jpg

This is what it looks without touching the gtkrc file apart from gtk-button-images = 1:

defaultstyleyl4.th.jpg

That second image is OK -- but for me, using the Wimp engine causes the ugly upside-down tabs. Could this be because my Windows is configured with the default theme whereas yours is in XP Classic mode? Perhaps the GTK Wimp engine doesn't work with XP "bubbly" mode.

Yes, I can reproduce the weird-looking tab icons when I switch to "Windows XP" (the comic blue bubble-wobble) style. I wonder why this is, because nobody complained so far about this. Could this be a GTK+ 2.10 related issue? I'll do some googling.

edit: This might be interesting, note the top lines: http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gtk...tk+-2.10.7.news

We're using 2.10.6 which I believed was the latest version (according to http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html), although a GTK+ 2.10.11 has already been released 3 weeks ago. Didn't know that before, I thought that one website was the reference one.

I'm currently trying to change my GTK+ environment to use the 2.10.11 but I'm still chewing on that.