The Dark Mod Forums

More Religious Insanity From The Us Of A

Maximius

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some skeptical witnesses offered a secular explanation for the occurrence, saying that Romney's campaign caravan had merely been pulled over by the Iowa State Patrol

lol, so much for the light from heaven and a booming voice telling them to "turn around".

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

It's not just the US, we have our fair share of gormless wack-jobs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

What do you mean?! That's clearly Jesus missing a large chunk of his forehead! He must have had an accident with a chainsaw...

Why, it's almost as holy as this image. Obviously, Macsen's roof was blessed to protect him from the demon occupation of Wales. Either that, or Santa thought it was a good place to take a nap.

Honestly, I don't even think the most fundamentalist, flat earth type of Christian here will buy this guys bullshit, meaning Mit Romney. Even in this dank swamp of superstition, most people can smell pure none sense, this is Political Posturing 101. I mean, if God decides not to tell him which way to go, hes going to ask the people of South Carolina to decide in a poll? But, nothing with a beard, cause the wife's preferences in mens facial hair trumps God or the people of South Carolina wishes after all. The ideas involved are so deranged I had to read it twice to make sure I had actually got it right. I wish to hell it was the Onion, I'd sleep easier tonight.

This is pure sparkling madness, not even what he said but the fact that he thinks it might work. If this actually finds some traction in the form of political support from any group here over the size of 25 people, I'm going to the Canadian embassy and declaring myself a political refugee.

Edited by Maximius

Are you sure that's for real? I swear that sounds just like something straight out of The Onion.

It isn't... <_<

You know what to do. Join us in our demonic country of dooms and curses. Join usss now! :ph34r:

Actually, it might not be too bad, so long as the beer is good. How much more is imported Jack Daniels?

This is pure sparkling madness, not even what he said but the fact that he thinks it might work. If this actually finds some traction in the form of political support from any group here over the size of 25 people, I'm going to the Canadian embassy and declaring myself a political refugee.

If it works, I'll pick you up on my way out. I hear Toronto is nice this time of year.

^--- this is me being speechless

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

I hear Toronto is nice this time of year.

Not for the last month it hasn't been. It's supposed to warm up this week though.

I think I would want this done myself, just to be +absolutely+ sure. ;) The link took you to a registration page so I just pasted the whole thing. BTW you have got to love Chavez's moxy, viva RevBo!

Priests to purify site after Bush visit

By Juan Carlos Llorca, Associated Press Writer | March 9, 2007

GUATEMALA CITY --Mayan priests will purify a sacred archaeological site to eliminate "bad spirits" after President Bush visits next week, an official with close ties to the group said Thursday.

Article Tools

"That a person like (Bush), with the persecution of our migrant brothers in the United States, with the wars he has provoked, is going to walk in our sacred lands, is an offense for the Mayan people and their culture," Juan Tiney, the director of a Mayan nongovernmental organization with close ties to Mayan religious and political leaders, said Thursday.

Bush's seven-day tour of Latin America includes a stopover beginning late Sunday in Guatemala. On Monday morning he is scheduled to visit the archaeological site Iximche on the high western plateau in a region of the Central American country populated mostly by Mayans.

Tiney said the "spirit guides of the Mayan community" decided it would be necessary to cleanse the sacred site of "bad spirits" after Bush's visit so that their ancestors could rest in peace. He also said the rites -- which entail chanting and burning incense, herbs and candles -- would prepare the site for the third summit of Latin American Indians March 26-30.

Bush's trip has already has sparked protests elsewhere in Latin America, including protests and clashes with police in Brazil hours before his arrival. In Bogota, Colombia, which Bush will visit on Sunday, 200 masked students battled 300 riot police with rocks and small homemade explosives.

The tour is aimed at challenging a widespread perception that the United States has neglected the region and at combatting the rising influence of Venezuelan leftist President Hugo Chavez, who has called Bush "history's greatest killer" and "the devil."

Iximche, 30 miles west of the capital of Guatemala City, was founded as the capital of the Kaqchiqueles kingdom before the Spanish conquest in 1524.

Edited by Maximius

A pit of spikes or a rolling boulder should do the trick.

I'm thinking more of the rip-out-his-heart kinda thing. George Bush and the Temple of Doom, anyone?

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Now now, no need to get carried away. A perfectly ordinary ritual sacrifice should suffice. ;)

Yeah, well, I don't live in the US, so it's not a felony for me to threaten the US president. ;)

Mind you, if the CIA took an interest I'd be in a torture chamber in some third world country on the other side of the globe within 24 hours, and my pathetic ass-kissing excuse for a government wouldn't care. The Australian government demonstrably doesn't give a flying fuck when the US violates the rights of Australian citizens.

Yeah, well, I don't live in the US, so it's not a felony for me to threaten the US president. ;)

Mind you, if the CIA took an interest I'd be in a torture chamber in some third world country on the other side of the globe within 24 hours, and my pathetic ass-kissing excuse for a government wouldn't care. The Australian government demonstrably doesn't give a flying fuck when the US violates the rights of Australian citizens.

Nice knowing you, Crispy B)