The Dark Mod Forums

Downloaddialog instead of link being executed

OrbWeaver

Don't know if it's related, but every once in a while I click on a link and it wants to download it as a text file, rather than displaying it in the browser.

EDIT: In fact, this happened when I submitted this post. It wasn't obvious that the post had actually been submitted, so a duplicate was likely.

I've been using firefox 2 & I've been noticing this problem recently too. I thought it was just me because my Kensington mouse died so I put in my older MS Intellimouse optical while still using the Kensington MouseWorks software. Now I know it isn't just me :)

I noticed another bug, maybe you can confirm this also. When I have a window open, I press CTRL-N to create a new browser window. Click into the URL edit field and enter something (don't press enter). Then press the CRSR Left/Right keys. They don't work. None of the edit keys work like Home, End, PageUp/PageDown (ok not relevant in that context but the same happens with any input fields).

I found only one way to resolve this, this is to press CTRL-S then the save dialog pops up, and then I dismiss it. After that all the edit fields work.

Gerhard

Sounds like some kind of MIME type or content type is set in a way that Firefox can't interpret properly. Odd.

Ah, you guys will just have to come back to IE :D

Talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

For the record, that symptom I don't see, and I'm on Firefox 1.0.5. Yeah it's old... haven't got around to upgrading.

I did however lose access to the forum since last night, erroring out with some text I didn't save, and with so few new posts, I assume we were all cut off, and something is/was seriously wrong.

I assume we were all cut off, and something is/was seriously wrong.

As already mentioned, the server's memory was overloaded yesterday and this resulted in problems. I fixed it tho and I haven't noticed anything today (other than the skin cache that was corrupted).

Those of you with troubles in Firefox, give Opera a try.

~m2