The Dark Mod Forums
Sign in to follow this  
New Horizon

Anyone Have Any Painkillers?

Well, I'm into day two of getting Minimalist Project 1.3 wrapped up. Fixing the fonts is such a time consuming job. The q3font tool that I used to create them only makes the output tga's in 256 X 256 blocks, so if I were to make the font size any larger than 16pt they spill into a second tga. While this will work fine in doom, it can't be used in T3 since they customized the way these sheets are used so that the game only recognized 1 sheet...or at least that's all I can manage to make it recognize. :)

The letters look really crappy and low res at 256X256 16pt...so I had to blow the sheet up to 512X512 in photoshop and then replace every letter by hand. :)

Sorry for the rant...I do enjoy the end result...but getting there is a really a trial! :lol:

:lol: Sorry, I'm just a little bit hyper today. Had to blow off some energy.

Seems you found some painkillers. I wonder what that stuff is. :)

Seems you found some painkillers. I wonder what that stuff is. :)

The guy outside the doctors office said it was a new painkiller. Something called "crack"? He didn't even need my health card...he took straight cash. Nice doctor...if somewhat unconventional.

Nice doing business with ya, NH. If anyone else here wants to try out my special brand of painkillers (takes ALL yo cares away!), the first is free...cuz you're all my friends. ;)

Nice doing business with ya, NH. If anyone else here wants to try out my special brand of painkillers (takes ALL yo cares away!), the first is free...cuz you're all my friends. ;)

:lol: I knew you looked familiar Doc.

Just thought I would show you all what I was up to over the last week. I've replaced difficutly levels in Minimalist Project 1.3 with Playstyles.

The fonts still aren't finished, but since I've gotten a good chunk of them done I'll just pick at them until finished.

master.jpg

WOW!

I almost feel like installing T3 again :o Nice work NH.

Um, yeah, and thus I've done my very first reply. \o/

And for a site note: keep the Mod going!