The Dark Mod Forums

2007 GOTY finalists predictions

Unstoppable

Game of the year finalists for 2007  

9 members have voted

1. 1. across all platforms will be... (pick your top 3)

• Crysis (Scheduled for Sept 07) PC
    • Halo 3 (Scheduled for Q4 2007) Xbox 360
    • Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Q4 2007) PS 3
    • Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Q4 07) Wii
    • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Q4 07) Wii
    • Bioshock (Q4 07) Multi Platform
  2. 2. Here are a couple more choices..

• Assasin's Creed (Q4 07) Multiplatform
    • Grand Theft Auto 4 (Q4 07) Multiplatform
    • Hellgate: London (Q4 07) PC
    • World in Conflict (Q4 07) PC
    • Mass Effect (Q4 07) Xbox 360
    • God of War 2(Q1 07) PS 2

Those are the biggest games that I can think of. Pick your favorite 3 to make it to the finals for Game of the Year. My votes will go to Assasin's Creed, Bioshock, and Halo 3. From the top 3 this community decides i'll make another thread that predicts the winner.

note: If you think a game should be up there please explain which game and why and I'll consider putting it up there.

Edited by Unstoppable

Is this who we want to win (I'd lean towards BioShock, Assassin's Creed) or who we predict will win (I'd lean towards Crysis and Halo 3, maybe Mass Effect)? Well, I'll just mix the two.

The GTA franchise has already gotten enough accolade in the past to raise eyebrows now. Sort of sad the number of sequels over "2" in that list, actually. Usually I'd think those would be good sellers but not get as much critical attention ... but I guess the rules will have to bend on that if so many of the best games coming out are like that.

Edited by demagogue

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Lol, I've never even heard of any of those except crysis.

Having a GotY these days is like asking what is the best shit anyone has done in the last year. You might have to pick a winner from the row of turds, and pin a medal on it, but it's still just shit.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

How are we supposed to pick a favourite out of a bunch of (mostly-)unreleased games?

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

First off it's 4:27 am over here and it's my birthday.

Secondly you're supposed to pick your top 3 choices for nominee's. Then the top three when the poll closes in one or two weeks will be moved to a seperate thread for final voting. Then we shall see what happens when the masses crown their own game of the year awards. (websites)

Thirdly I humbly request a birthday present. :laugh:

Alright, alright. Happy birthday then. :) I voted.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

It's an RX7. The one my best friend's bro has is tuned up and only 34,000 miles on a new motor. He will give it to me for 5,000$. Also he will do any work that needs to be done as long as I buy the parts. I will give him a lil extra for installation sometimes he will do it for free because I know how he is.

My major worries though is you have to know how to drive the car. It's like learning to drive again specifically on this type of vehicle. It burns oil as part of it's natural exhaust. You have to check oil and look under hood everytime you will drive the car. I will mostly use it to and from work.

I heard if you shift wrong once you risk blowing the engine. It is rotary and all the pistons are connected. This though is no that much of a worry because i've driven my friend's Rx8. I don't know how you guys in Europe do but I hate going up hills in a manual car. If the car is older and the clutch is worn up it hard to get it to move up. Grrr.

It burns oil naturaly? Is that what yer friend said? Or is this some weird thing I've never heard of (Yes I have heard of the rotary engine), sounds to me like something is wrong.

Beware of any TUNED car, they are tuned 'cause someone likes to drive hard, and possibly doesn't know how to drive. And get rid of that damn loud muffler which I know it has, it doesn't make it sound faster OR better, just makes it harder to hear your music.

Should be a fun car though.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

Hah! Finally something I can show you guys that I happen to know about =).

http://www.aaroncake.net/rx-7/facts.htm

quote "The rotary engine burns oil by design, unlike piston engines that burn oil as they wear out. "

His is 2nd generation. He uses it once in a while. Sometimes he races. Does not use it for anything else really. Has a different car for work. I will be using it to and from work only. I should be alright, if you are willing to take care of an RX7 and do maintenance it will last. If you are a dumbass and race and never check anything it will die. It's simple at it's very core.

Edited by Unstoppable

I drive a honda civic :) What can I say, I'm a huge fan of the 06 [great in Canada's snow]. I'd be weary of a "tuned" car too, but my friend had a Cavalier which had the engine replaces as well as the transition [it was a manual with no rpm gauge lol] and he didn't do anything "crazy" with it like race or burn out and it seemed to work just fine though :) I suppose considering your going to use it to get to and from work it may be a good choice, but for 5000 dollars you may be able to get a car that doesn't require it to be checked every time you use it.

PS: Don't rice it up, that's gross ;)