The Dark Mod Forums

Dziarsky's Textures

greebo

Mabey its becouse you doing now something with SVN.

I cant make update.

While i am updating have mesaage:

Error: In directory 'D:\games\Doom 3\darkmod\textures\darkmod\plaster'  
Error: Can't copy 'D:\games\Doom 3\darkmod\textures\darkmod\plaster\.svn\tmp\text-base\halftimber_2windows.tga.svn-base' to 'D:\games\Doom 3\darkmod\textures\darkmod\plaster\.svn\tmp\halftimber_2windows.tga.tmp.tmp': No error

When i close the window and run update again i have this message:

Error: Failed to add file 'D:\games\Doom 3\darkmod\textures\darkmod\plaster\halftimber_pattern1_local.tga': object of the same name already exists

When i delete that texture and run update problem will be again.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should not commit any modified map files. At best it is a waste of bandwidth, and at worst it can screw up someone's local copy of the map.

Only commit the files that you know you have intentionally modified (the texture files, in this case).

But there is the problem that if someone else updates the modified map files, you end up having a conflict on your local side.

If we deem ".cm" etc files a "waste", than they should not be part of SVN. In that case, gimme a shout and I delete them.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

@Astralninja: Just remove the check mark from all files you don't intend to commit (in TortoiseSVN's commit dialog). Only mark the texture files for commit (plus the modified material file), leave everything else alone, that's the safest bet.

But there is the problem that if someone else updates the modified map files, you end up having a conflict on your local side.

As I said,

Only commit the files that you know you have intentionally modified

If you are intentionally updating a map, then it's fine to upload the new proc and cm files as well. If you happen to generate new ones because you were playing around with the map, you should not commit them.

Before I commit can someone double-check to see if the following is okay?:

Texures renamed: snow_rough01

Will add this to the current tdm_nature_snow.mtr file:

// Author: Dziarsky

textures/darkmod/nature/snow/snow_rough01

{

surftype15

description "snow"

qer_editorimage    textures/darkmod/nature/snow/snow_rough01_ed

diffusemap           textures/darkmod/nature/snow/snow_rough01_d

specularmap         textures/darkmod/nature/snow/snow_rough01_s

bumpmap             textures/darkmod/nature/snow/snow_rough01_local

}

~Daniel

[/b]Will add this to the current tdm_nature_snow.mtr file:

// Author: Dziarsky

textures/darkmod/nature/snow/snow_rough01

{

surftype15

description "snow"

qer_editorimage textures/darkmod/nature/snow/snow_rough01_ed

diffusemap textures/darkmod/nature/snow/snow_rough01_d

specularmap textures/darkmod/nature/snow/snow_rough01_s

bumpmap textures/darkmod/nature/snow/snow_rough01_local

}

I think we decided that we don't have a _d suffix for the diffusemap file, so that should be omitted. Otherwise it looks good.

Go ahead and commit your changes, I shall review the changes and will point out if anything is missing.

Thanks so far. :)

I just tried to commit something (a trivial change in a map file) and it worked. I'll try to ask google about this problem.

What is the exact error message? Is there anything after "'start commit' hook failed with error output:"?

I assume you're using TortoiseSVN as client? Have you got a password from sparhawk?

There's nothing after the "'start commit' hook failed with error output:" line.

Yes, I'm using TortoiseSVN and I have a password 

but it didn't ask for it.

FYI, it displays the error after 104 bytes transfered.

~Daniel

It didn't ask for the password? That's probably because you chose to save it when checking out the mod before?

Hm. I assume you can run "SVN Update" fine? I'm running out of ideas here.

@Sparhawk: Do we have a commit hook script running and does this error sound familiar to you?

Hm. Astralninja, can you try to checkout this URL to a new location (put it somewhere in your temp/ folder or something):

https://darkmod.homelinux.com/svn/darkmod/trunk/materials/

This should check out just the material files. Afterwards, you can try to apply the changes to the tdm_snow.mtr file and try to commit it. Does this work?

Hm. Astralninja, can you try to checkout this URL to a new location (put it somewhere in your temp/ folder or something):

https://darkmod.homelinux.com/svn/darkmod/trunk/materials/

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to do that.

~Daniel

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to do that.

Open Windows Explorer, go to your temp folder (e.g. C:\Temp or something), create a new folder C:\temp\materials and right-click this folder. Then choose SVN Checkout and type the address above into the url field. Click checkout, this should download the material files into this new folder.

Hm, I'm running low on ideas, this is an annoying error. It must be something on your client-side, nobody else has had this error before.

Do you have an alternative system available for testing to see if it's your user account?

If all else fails, we can try to use the SVN Repository Browser (right-click on a darkmod folder > SVN > Repository Browser).

You can drag several files from Windows Explorer to a target folder in the repo browser. TortoiseSVN will ask you for your commit message then. Can you try this out?

If even this fails, we can resort to you sending me the files to let me do the commit.

Do you have an alternative system available for testing to see if it's your user account?

Not that I know of.

If all else fails, we can try to use the SVN Repository Browser (right-click on a darkmod folder > SVN > Repository Browser).

You can drag several files from Windows Explorer to a target folder in the repo browser. TortoiseSVN will ask you for your commit message then. Can you try this out?

I tried dragging the modified file into the materials folder in the Repository Browser but got the same error as before.

If even this fails, we can resort to you sending me the files to let me do the commit.

I guess that will be the case. I'll prepare a zip for you.

~Daniel