The Dark Mod Forums

The Dark Mod: Pre-Beta Demo coming soon!

New Horizon

The Dark Mod team is very happy to announce that we will be releasing a Pre-Beta Demo relatively soon. Members of the team have been quietly working on preparing a Pre-Beta Demo mission for public consumption for some time now.

The release date will be Friday, January 18th. Please keep in mind that this date could change if we do not deem the release 'stable'.

Several months ago, TTLG's Fidcal began working on a small mission, called The Thief's Den. We found that it was playable as a real mission. We were so pleased with his work, that we asked him to begin readying it as a playable pre-beta demo. We thought we might release it for Christmas, but as things usually go...this wasn't really attainable...as we wanted to release the best demo we possibly could.

Details:

You will need doom 3 installed to play the demo.

The demo includes all the files needed to run this TDM map on your doom 3 installation. This means that the download will be a bit hefty, around 200megs...but that's actually kind of small for a demo these days. :)

It is PRE-BETA, so please don't expect a fully polished game. There is still much to be finished, so enjoy it for what it is.

For anyone who cries out....FILE SIZE UNACCEPTABLE!!!! Future Fan Missions will be much smaller when the mod is released, since players will already have the full mod resources installed on their systems.

That's all for now.

We will update this thread when the Demo is ready for download, or if there are any delays.

Oh! Don't forget to REGISTER and VOTE for Dark Mod at the Mod DB website!!!

http://www.moddb.com/events/2007-mod-of-th...r-awards/top100

Discuss here.

• 4 months later...

I was just browsing moddb, I think it would be good for a small update to The Dark Mod there :) Maybe just a mention of the recent Dark Mod homepage updates or something.

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

• 4 months later...

Just in case anyone wonders, this Alpha demo has been out for 9 months now!

(There, now this forum no longer has "May 28" as the most recent date!)

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

• Recent Status Updates

• Petike the Taffer  »  DeTeEff

I've updated the articles for your FMs and your author category at the wiki. Your newer nickname (DeTeEff) now comes first, and the one in parentheses is your older nickname (Fieldmedic). Just to avoid confusing people who played your FMs years ago and remember your older nickname. I've added a wiki article for your latest FM, Who Watches the Watcher?, as part of my current updating efforts. Unless I overlooked something, you have five different FMs so far.
      · 0 replies
    • Petike the Taffer

I've finally managed to log in to The Dark Mod Wiki. I'm back in the saddle and before the holidays start in full, I'll be adding a few new FM articles and doing other updates. Written in Stone is already done.
      · 4 replies
    • nbohr1more

TDM 15th Anniversary Contest is now active! Please declare your participation: https://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?/topic/22413-the-dark-mod-15th-anniversary-contest-entry-thread/

· 0 replies
    • JackFarmer

@TheUnbeholden
      You cannot receive PMs. Could you please be so kind and check your mailbox if it is full (or maybe you switched off the function)?
      · 1 reply
    • OrbWeaver

I like the new frob highlight but it would nice if it was less "flickery" while moving over objects (especially barred metal doors).
      · 4 replies