The Dark Mod Forums

Hi All. Finally Found This Forum

oofnish

Hello, I offered my help on the coding side on the old forums. Until the SDK comes out, a lot of the stuff I'd like to get started on will have to wait. As a result, I was only periodically checking the old boards, and only just now saw the message regarding this move.

I'm still more than willing to offer my help on the coding side. I'm mostly interested in helping with AI, and movement code (Mantling, run/walk/sneak/crouch modifications). I'm also willing to help anywhere else that requires it. Even Art. :)

Sorry for not posting anything for a while, but until the SDK comes out, a large number of things are simply speculation at this point.

-oofnish

This may sound like a silly question, but do you think the SDK will be free? I'm one of the artists on the team and thought it'd be cool to try some of my ideas in the SDK.

One other quick question: How have the sample DarkMod rooms been built thusfar? I've seen a couple rooms: one showing blue windows, and another showing yellow ones. Just curious what software was used for them. Also, was that early 'Garrett-like' character done in Blender, Maya, or?

Thanks!

Doom 3 comes packaged with the level editor in the executable. All you have to do to access it is rightclick on the Doom 3 shortcut, click on properties, and add "com_allowConsole 1 +set r_fullscreen 0 +editor" in the target box after the quotation marks.

But if you mean how we've made all the test maps, well...we've got lots of stuff down in the (currently?) hidden sections of the forums that go through it all step by step. It's a long process that'll probably bore the hell out of everyone not interested in the technical side of the mod. ;)

And yeah, the SDK will be free. As for the Garrett model...I think DeepOmega has been doing it in 3DSMax, not too sure though.

Edited by Renzatic

Sweet! Thanks!! Actually, I had to add a hyphen at the very beginning of the text string you gave... and then it worked: "-com_allowConsole 1 +set r_fullscreen 0 +editor"

I'll try to check out how you made the maps one of these days, too. I'm sure it won't bore me, but it might be a bit out of my brain's capacity to 'grasp' right now. I'm trying to learn ColdFusion, Flash, Dedit (for Tron 2.0) and other stuff at the same time. I might need to stick with just regular sketches for a while ;o)

-Darkness_Falls-

Edited by Darkness_Falls