The Dark Mod Forums

Fallout 3

Unstoppable

hehe this website rocks.

www.prepareforthefuture.com

I'm surprised how interactive the menu's are especially on the pip boy 3000. Anyone here ever play fallout? I'm playing the first one currently :P .

I can't connect to the website :/ Not that I'm too bothered about it, I'm one of those who doesn't like what Bethesda is doing with the game. A year ago at least I was hoping for a fun action-RPG lite coming from it, but since then I've seen even more bad design and boring FPS combat.

Hopefully the final result will be greater than the sum of it's parts.

I can't wait for Fallout 3!

I just saw the gameplay videos,

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|

IE7? Ewwwwwww. :wacko: At least use something halfway decent like Opera. Or Google Chrome. IE7 just sucks.

I noticed a bug a month or so ago with IE7 on my website where if I floated some text next to an image, and then made part of the text italic, the image would get cut off next to the italic text (and below that). Weirdest browser bug ever, and with all the nasty buggy IE versions in the mix that's really saying something.

IE7. SUCKS.

Somehow I think that firefox 3 is much more unstable than before. Crashes much more often then it used to.

Really? I've had the opposite experience. :mellow:

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

The turn-based gameplay from a first person perspective is kind of weird. I guess it's no different conceptually from isometric view turn-based games where each character can walk a certain distance during their turn, but seeing it in first person with you being able to walk around and hear your footsteps but everything else is stopped just seems odd. :)

I hope all of you got the newsflash that Fallout 1 has been released for free on GameTap now, to get some momentum going for the new game.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

I just downloaded it earlier to play Psychonauts and I haven't come across any ads so far. The only downside is that you can only play them when Gametap is open. Similar to Steam. Also, only some of thier games are free. For the rest you have to pay a membership fee of some kind.

~Daniel

It looks like you're supposed to download some player of theirs or somesuch. Always a catch. I think I've read about this before, that you download their game player and then it streams the data to you so you can play it. Something like that. Maybe I'll try it on a virtual machine, but I normally say hell no to things like that.

"Hi, we'll give you free shit, and all you have to do is let us install mystery software on your system! Shh, shh, don't worry about that... just sign the agreement and then enjoy the free gamez!!1"

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, I spent the last two days playing fallout 3 non-stop, but with little sleep and eat breaks of course. It's absolutely fabulous... I think bethesda learned a lot from the mistakes they did in oblivion. The fights are very intense and it's a nice level of difficulty. I must say though that I skilled a little wrong at first for my playstyle, but as I realized that I didn't want to start all over again.

The only critic I have is that the controlls are clearly layouted for consoles and I hope there will soon be some interfacemods to get rid of that pipboy or at least create direct shortcuts to its submenus.

It just crashed firefox.

Somehow I think that firefox 3 is much more unstable than before. Crashes much more often then it used to.

These crashes are almost always plugin problems. Java and Flash seem to bring down my firefox in about 1 out of 10 times. The site you mentioned needs a new flash player, so it won't even work in Linux. *sigh*

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Wow, I spent the last two days playing fallout 3 non-stop, but with little sleep and eat breaks of course. It's absolutely fabulous... I think bethesda learned a lot from the mistakes they did in oblivion. The fights are very intense and it's a nice level of difficulty. I must say though that I skilled a little wrong at first for my playstyle, but as I realized that I didn't want to start all over again.

The only critic I have is that the controlls are clearly layouted for consoles and I hope there will soon be some interfacemods to get rid of that pipboy or at least create direct shortcuts to its submenus.

Haha I pretty much did the same thing!

It's been a really long time since I played a game that I said "WOW!" too over and over. Definitely worth playing and the money buying it. I cannot believe how diverse the environments are, the weapons the enemies ect. And the level of choice is ASTOUNDING. I really am going to play through it again doing everything differently though.

Here's a little summarization of what happened to me: [major spoilers]

Was a good guy a lot, killed one innocent guy, that guy in vault 101 when you return, the old man, he bugged the hell out of me. :P

100 small gun points

didn't know how to repair until half way through the game, but I had 100 repair points

100 lock pick

100 sneak

around level 22 i think

The ending joining with the giant robot crossing the bridge with the brotherhood attacking the enclave and getting the water purifying going without the mutant poison in it.

If I had one complaint, it would be that the main story was to small. I wish it were longer and about more things, it was sort of like the story of oblivion in terms of content variation and length.

The thing that's really weird about this game is that all the missions feel so much more natural. You sort of stumble upon them rather than having 4 places to check out in every city sort of deal like in oblivion.

I had a blast when the first mini-nuke blew up in my face! :D The Scene when you go to GNR was simply awesome... =)

I didn't finish the game so far though. I spent about two hours trying to get surround sound to run. With no success aparently...

Edited by STiFU

Little Lamp looks amazing! :D I'm pretty sure I've only explored about 1/4 to half of the places to go. One really awesome thing about the game is that the buildings and places are not all the same like they were in Oblivion. Each place is unique and offers something interesting and new to explore, even the sewers!

Well as I already said, it's a lot better than oblivion, but not too well comparable to it. Basically the only thing both games have in common is the engine. The Roleplaying-system is different and the quests as well. In oblivion you mostly had smaller quests, but very many of them. Here you got really long questlines which can become very immersive, but on the other side, there apear to be too few. Altough it's possible I missed out on a bunch of them. Also there is some awesome action going on in this game. Totally worth buying. (I am trough too by now by the way)

And for the hardcore players among us: A mod for disabling the questcopass (similar to oblivion) has already been released.

The main concern I'd have about trying it would be Bethesda's infamous lazy generic factor. It was worse with every game up to Morrowind, and from the couple of hours I had at Oblivion, it looks like it has not improved. Cookie cutter placement of random spawns to save on design time, the same "caves" used over and over and over and over and over and (is the point made yet?) over and over again, with the same useless crap in the same containers (wow, more Bittergreen Petals?! Or perhaps another rusty blade!? Even though loot means nothing because stores offer nothing useful, I have everything I want, and can kill everything without batting an eye!). Many things used repeatedly just in different dressing, but most things, without even the different dressing. "Didn't I kill this generic guy in this generic building for this generic item before?" Yes, a hundred times, in fact.

It's no wonder they are planning TES in 2010; they can churn these out quickly now.

Now that that sounded excessively negative, how's the game?