The Dark Mod Forums

Forums upgraded!

modetwo

Great, things went smoother than I thought it would and I've now enabled the new/updated skin.

Thanx! :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Cool!

The only tiny little request I have is to reduce the horizontal padding on the grey box that surrounds all the content (#ipbwrapper). I'm sure the content used to be wider, and the change is bugging me slightly. I want all the horizontal space I can get, darnit! ;)

Then again, I could be imagining things.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Cool!

The only tiny little request I have is to reduce the horizontal padding on the grey box that surrounds all the content (#ipbwrapper). I'm sure the content used to be wider, and the change is bugging me slightly. I want all the horizontal space I can get, darnit! ;)

Then again, I could be imagining things.

Actually, that was never touched. But instead of setting the forum widt to 98% in the Liquid-style, I had to set it to 90% because the rte-box was going outside of the main wrapper.

Uhm, I guess you're using the liquid style and not the (default) fixed one? Choose your preference at the bottom. ;)

~m2

Has the max attachment size been reduced? I used to be able to save two or three screenies, convert to jpgs, maybe crop a little, and attach to one posting. Now I'm struggling to attach one screenie.

On the "Max. single upload size" it says 50K. I think it used to be 2MB

I would think 500K is reasonable at least. If we post screenshots we want to post high res and one jpg migh be 100K to 200K. I've just posted in one of the private forums 4 modest jpgs to help clarify a prefab and had to post each one on a separate post.

While we are talking attachments, I think sometimes there is waste because if you upload the wrong image or change it later you cannot delete the old one - nor can you link to it from another post as far as I can tell so have to upload it again.

I would think 500K is reasonable at least. If we post screenshots we want to post high res and one jpg migh be 100K to 200K. I've just posted in one of the private forums 4 modest jpgs to help clarify a prefab and had to post each one on a separate post.

Also, attachements with editor shots or screenshots should be PNG to presever the fine details (thin lines!) that get easily lost with JPEGs. I agree that 2Mbyte is a bit too big, but 50K is way to little. 500K seems a reasonable size (my screenshots are between 100 and 300Kbyte usually)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

Actually, that was never touched. But instead of setting the forum widt to 98% in the Liquid-style, I had to set it to 90% because the rte-box was going outside of the main wrapper.

That must be it.

Uhm, I guess you're using the liquid style and not the (default) fixed one? Choose your preference at the bottom. ;)

Yes, I changed back to liquid immediately. Can't stand the fixed style. :)

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Also, attachements with editor shots or screenshots should be PNG to presever the fine details (thin lines!) that get easily lost with JPEGs. I agree that 2Mbyte is a bit too big, but 50K is way to little. 500K seems a reasonable size (my screenshots are between 100 and 300Kbyte usually)

Can the upload limit please be raised to the old limit? The 100K is too little for screenshots, and I dislike to post screenshots to third party sites (where they might disappear any time, not to mention leaks by posting internal stuff to some unrelated other page).

Yes, 100k is definitely too small. I tried to upload a ~ 400x300 PNG screenshot section and it wouldn't allow me. Had to convert it to JPG and cut it down considerably.

I also noticed that the TDM logo on the DarkWiki is missing, was it hosted on the forums?