The Dark Mod Forums

Newbie DarkRadiant Questions

demagogue

anything with a collide texture means the player can pick it up move it around then drop it again, or it will collide with other objects in game, with out the collide brush on certain objects then doom 3 will crash with an error, or the map wont load.

SubTonic: Those textures make the models collision detection and shadow simpler to give faster performance. You rarely need to see them in the editor. You can hide them with the filter menu accessed at the top of DR or in the model selector itself. Nodraw you sometimes need to see but the other two very rarely.

Earthquakes can be done with a speaker. Just use the spawnarg "s_shakes" "1", and the screen will shake violently however loud the sound gets.

EDIT:

AI use the spawnarg "health" to set their hit points.

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

Probably need a script for that. There is a doom function getHealth but I don't know if it works on TDM stuff. Worth a try. So something like.....

if ($myEntity.getHealth() == 2)

{

do something;

}

Have you already set up a script file?

need help with objectives

I create objective do not harm some AI team , but it's not working :( I do harm Ai and nothing is happened

it looks something like : DO NOT kill Ai team 0

DO NOT knockout Ai team 0

do I need success or fail logic ?

Proceed with caution!

anything with a collide texture means the player can pick it up move it around then drop it again, or it will collide with other objects in game, with out the collide brush on certain objects then doom 3 will crash with an error, or the map wont load.

Not quite right.

Anything with collide texture has a simplified collision mesh. A lot of static objects have them (we tried to have simple collision and shadow meshes for almost every object for performance). It just lowers calculation when something collides with them/vice-versa.

Any object can have a simple collision mesh. ie: a 10,000 tri statue can have a 100 tri collision. It will be close enough in shape that things will bounce off of it realistically and save on collision detection. Doesn't have restrictions.

Any MOVEABLE objects HAVE to have a simplified mesh. But there are guidelines. Basically a 7 sided cylinder is about as complex as they can be (for tri/vert count) and they have to be convex (I have made one model that has a concave mesh and it works properly, however it was a fluke I believe and I got lucky : The silver teapot).

BUT, if they are created from the models list they will NOT be moveable, they must be created from the entity list (as entities have a text file that describes their material (sounds), weight, bounciness, frobbability, etc...)

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

create objective do not harm some AI team , but it's not working :( I do harm Ai and nothing is happened

Have you checked "completed on map start" or something like that?

Have you checked the wiki page?

Important: No kill objectives need be set as "Satisfied at Game Start" or they will not work!

http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Objectives_Editor#Optional_.27No_alerts.27.2C_KO.27s.2C_and_Kills

its possile to change Ai team via script ?

Not sure with script but you can do that with S&R.

Just have any func_static, open it with S&R editor. Put a response trigger on it.

The effect should be Set Team.

All you gotta do is then trigger that func_static. You could fire it from a script with sys.trigger.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

I don't know if there is a special spawnarg but if not, it should be achievable by making two invisible optional objectives, one to KO and one to kill both triggering a trigger response to change the team of the victim to 5 (neutral) so he will be ignored.