The Dark Mod Forums

New Voice Sets Finished

Springheel

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no def_vocal_set defined for entityDef atdm:ai_nobleman02_armed. It inherits from atdm:ai_humanoid_newskel which also has no def_vocal_set. That in turn inherits from atdm:ai_humanoid which has the base vocal set.

You're definitely not seeing the same file I am then.

Yes, it looks like the name is wrong. Though it will be replaced with the Lord set anyway when those are done.

Didn't bother starting a new thread for this...

Well there we have it, more voice sets!

Including!...... *drumroll... Zombies!! Two different vocal sets for zombies to boot! More of the TDP style, tortured breathing, lung rotted goodness!

We also have the simpleton (man, you guys are gonna LAUGH... could also be used as a dumb guard), the lord, and the young builder finished as well. 6 vocal sets in a day of recording is a record for me (pats self on back).

Just engineering and editing them up as we speak... may have a download link for everyone as soon as tomorrow by midday.

GC

Awesome. Can't wait to hear 'em all!

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

I'll add these to http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Voices when they have names. One day Dark Radiant is gonna need a voice selector. My mansion is likely to have 25 to 30 guards so I'm going to be doing a lot of copy and pasting from the wiki to avoid them all sounding the same. I hoping atdm:ai_vocal_set_thug_guard_01, atdm:ai_vocal_set_grumbler_guard_01, and atdm:ai_vocal_set_pro_guard_01 can be used on any house guards?

Including!...... *drumroll... Zombies!! Two different vocal sets for zombies to boot! More of the TDP style, tortured breathing, lung rotted goodness!

We also have the simpleton (man, you guys are gonna LAUGH... could also be used as a dumb guard), the lord, and the young builder finished as well. 6 vocal sets in a day of recording is a record for me (pats self on back).

That's awesome news, Gold! :wub:

I hoping atdm:ai_vocal_set_thug_guard_01, atdm:ai_vocal_set_grumbler_guard_01, and atdm:ai_vocal_set_pro_guard_01 can be used on any house guards?

They can be used on anyone you like, for the most part. That's the whole point of vocal sets based on character type rather than AI type. There are only a few characters that woudn't be appropriate for regular guards, like the builder voices and the 'Lord' voice.

I was imagining we'd eventually have a wiki page like the "Heads" page, where mappers can hear a short clip of each voice and then just copy/paste the right spawnarg.

I'll update the wiki page.

edit: done. I've included examples of all the current vocal sets as well.

Hurra! :wub:

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

I've listened to some of these, and I have to say that the simpleton and lord rank up there with my absolute favourites of all the sets. Haven't heard as much of the builder one yet, but the youth and enthusiasm were definitely captured! These are awesome Gold, and I think it's definitely worth holding off the package for a day or two while we get these set up.

I've got a chunk of time this afternoon, so I'll start on the builder ones.

I've started on the young builder one. I'm following the naming convention that already exists for the other vocals, though I'll need your input about what to name the new ones (like the killed player barks).

After that I can work on whatever hasn't been claimed by anyone else.

Also, angua and me will need all the scripts for naming the sound files and shaders, please.

I sent the Lord script to Angua already. Maybe I'll just post them all here for easiest access.

It looks like the last few Lord vocals are missing in the sound file. The last one that is there is the greeting to noble female, then the following are missing:

greeting_xpriest_1 "Greetings, Father."

Greeting Generic: A casual greeting

greeting_civilianxcivilian_1 "Greetings."

greeting_civilianxcivilian_2 "Well met."

greeting_civilianxcivilian_3 "Good evening."

Greeting Inferior. You're a noble and see a civilian. You're better than them.

greeting_noblemanxcivilian_1 "Stand aside, you."

Greeting inferior guard. You’re a noble and see a guard. Evaluate their performance.

greeting_noblemanxguard_1 “Stay alert, man.”

greeting_noblemanxguard_2 "Keep your eyes open!"

Generic Responses: These should be said fairly monotone and noncomittal, as they could be replies to many different greetings.

response_1 “Yes.”

response_2 “Indeed.”

response_3 “Quite Right.”

Is it possible that they weren't recorded? Or maybe they are in another sound file?

I've started on the young builder one. I'm following the naming convention that already exists for the other vocals, though I'll need your input about what to name the new ones (like the killed player barks).

After that I can work on whatever hasn't been claimed by anyone else.

I already split the extra vocals for the mature builder. After that, we'll work on all the extras. You can work on the Simpleton, if you like.

As last time, you can send us the WAV files, and we can take care of the renaming by script.